The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Breath
kim Date: Sunday, 16-Nov-14, 10:31 PM | Message # 76
Bee's Knees

tinamarianne You so right I think about this movie being an opportunity for Simon to combine his favorite things. I also read "Breath" with him in my mind as Sando, so it would be hard to see the movie with anyone else in that role. As the saying goes, If you love your job, then you never have to work a day in your life.

marta75 Date: Monday, 17-Nov-14, 10:18 PM | Message # 77
Rip Snorter

I hope Simon will play Sando. Simon is a god of surfing (Smith !) and Sando's character will fits him perfectly.
In the book, the young Pikelet is a fabulous character but as adult he fails to have a happy life. He became ambulance driver or urgentist (I don't remember exactly but I loved the book). He lives alone and take comfort by surfing. The end of the story is very sad even if it exudes a certain philosophy of life.

Tina Date: Tuesday, 18-Nov-14, 8:45 AM | Message # 78
Fair Dinkum

This girl on instagram asked Simon if he will be starring and directing.
Starring means he will have a lead part or am I wrong?
For me the only character for Simon to play is Sando. I hope we soon get some more info! I should get my German copy of the book today. Will be even more interesting to read it again since we know now it really will happen smile

Smileygirl Date: Wednesday, 04-Mar-15, 0:07 AM | Message # 79
Dinkie-Di

I don´t know where else to post it but looks like the casting for "Breath" just started (again) wink
Looks like they are really going somewhere this time biggrin
I don´t know how to add pictures here so if somebody could tell me it would be nice biggrin

Message edited by Smileygirl - Wednesday, 04-Mar-15, 0:08 AM

kim Date: Wednesday, 04-Mar-15, 2:52 AM | Message # 80
Bee's Knees

I've got you Smileygirl!

Original source is the Barrett Casting FB page: https://www.facebook.com/barrett.castingsydney

Message edited by kim - Wednesday, 04-Mar-15, 3:00 AM

Tina Date: Wednesday, 04-Mar-15, 10:25 AM | Message # 81
Fair Dinkum

Just saw it on instagram. It's starting! Very excited.

Welcome Smileygirl. Lucky you, you met Simon twice, right?

Smileygirl Date: Wednesday, 04-Mar-15, 12:05 PM | Message # 82
Dinkie-Di

You´re welcome biggrin

I always forget to post things here as I am so busy with twitter or Facebook smile

And yes...i met him twice so far but working on more biggrin

Fran Date: Wednesday, 04-Mar-15, 3:23 PM | Message # 83
Fair Dinkum

Thanks, good news. Tim Winton shared the link on Facebook, this is the link to his page: https://www.facebook.com/timwintonauthor

Quote Smileygirl ()
I don´t know how to add pictures here so if somebody could tell me it would be nice
I posted an answer in the Random Thoughts thread.

Flip Date: Tuesday, 10-Mar-15, 7:58 PM | Message # 84
Jillaroo

15/16 year old, Australian boys who spend their time surfing? Hmm...I'm guessing they'll have quite a lot to pick through. biggrin

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 13-Mar-15, 12:54 PM | Message # 85
Fair Dinkum

I've just discover the trailer made when the book was issued.

Link to youtube

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 13-Mar-15, 12:55 PM | Message # 86
Fair Dinkum

What Winton tells about the book makes me understnd better why Simon is interested in making a film with it.

Link to youtube

Tanja Date: Friday, 13-Mar-15, 1:08 PM | Message # 87
Rip Snorter

DS_Pallas, Thanks so much for posting it here!! Wow!! I can imagine it will be awesome movie!

I found more trailer videos on youtube!

Message edited by Tanja - Friday, 13-Mar-15, 1:16 PM

bee Date: Friday, 13-Mar-15, 3:26 PM | Message # 88
Fair Dinkum

Thank you for sharing DSP. Watching these trailers I can understand why Simon is so fascinated by this book and why it is so dear to his heart and the reason he is so focused on making the film. With his unique directional skills and also incorporating the stunning scenery I can imagine the film will be absolutely breathtaking. (Sorry about the pun!)

Tina Date: Friday, 13-Mar-15, 3:54 PM | Message # 89
Fair Dinkum

I just hope it will come to German theaters, because I can imagine how extraordinaty it would be to see it on the big screen, not only on tv.
I'm really so much looking forward to this movie. It is sure the most personal one for Simon, and how happy he must be to make a movie about his passion and huge hobby surfing.

Tanja Date: Friday, 13-Mar-15, 4:03 PM | Message # 90
Rip Snorter

Your word in God's ear tinamarianne, that would be great to see him surfing on cinema screen.

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz