The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Breath
ruuger Date: Thursday, 12-Nov-15, 2:46 PM | Message # 151
Cobber

I think they will want to start shooting in January at the latest, so they can film the surf scenes during the summer months when it's warmer. But the fact is that movies take a long time to do, and are pretty much always delayed - and since Breath is such a difficult movie to film, they'll need to take their time to prepare before shooting to ensure the best possible outcome. Simon has always said not to expect the movie to be released before 2017 at the earliest, so I wouldn't worry unless there's official word that there are difficulties with the production.

I know there were articles earlier this year that said that filming was due to start in the fall, but it could very well be that there was just a miscommunication and they were actually talking about when the production starts or that they simply decided to film the surft scenes first and moved the start of the shooting to the summer.

Message edited by ruuger - Thursday, 12-Nov-15, 2:47 PM

kim Date: Tuesday, 01-Dec-15, 7:32 PM | Message # 152
Bee's Knees

I found a small reference to Breath, again saying the filming would be in 2016.

Breath filming in SW Australia

258pce Date: Monday, 07-Dec-15, 8:23 AM | Message # 153
Cobber

Simon said in the Tropfest interview with Polson that he would begin filming in April.

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 09-Dec-15, 5:56 PM | Message # 154
Fair Dinkum

New article:

Short Cuts: Simon Baker closes in on cast for Breath, his Tim Winton movie, and more news from Australian film

http://www.smh.com.au/enterta....6v.html

Baker close to finding teenage surfers

Simon Baker is close to casting the two central roles – thrill-seeking teenage surfers – in his film adaptation of Tim Winton's novel, Breath.

The Mentalist star is shooting the drama, about two small-town surfers pulled into the orbit of a charismatic older surfer and his wife, as his feature directing debut in southern Western Australia from April next year.

"For almost a year we've been searching for the boys," he says. "We're close. I'm down to a handful of kids."

Baker was speaking after joining founder John Polson for the announcement that the iconic short film festival, Tropfest, would be revived in February.

As well as directing and producing Breath, he will play Sando, a reclusive older surfer who befriends the boys.

While best known for the TV series The Guardian and The Mentalist, Baker has appeared in such films as LA Confidential, The Devil Wears Prada and Margin Call. He has also directed episodes of The Mentalist.

"I've basically speed-dated most of the Australian film industry trying to get the right people to make this film together," he tells Short Cuts. "One thing I do notice is there's just a passion for people to tell stories in the format of filmmaking."

Baker has previously said he expects Breath to be a tough shoot – "fraught with difficulties" is his phrase.

"Shooting outside, you're totally at the mercy of the weather anyway but with surfing you also have the swell, the wind direction, the light ... It's a nightmare."

Baker has been a long-time fan of Tropfest and once considered entering a film before he went to the US to work.

"I went to the second festival," he says. "I just remember what an inspiring idea it was and what I took away from it was belief that you that can just go out and do stuff.

"Back in those days, a lot of people were talking about movies they wanted to make and no one had any money: 'I've got an idea for a short film'.

"Then Tropfest came along and there was a platform – a deadline, a goal – for people to go for."

When he heard the festival had been cancelled, Baker was one of the first people to call Polson offering help.

"I felt really sad," he says. "Not just for the filmmakers that were [finalists this year] but for the filmmakers of the future that show up and get inspired and go out and do something."

While Polson has asked Baker to be a judge on February 14, he expects to be deep into pre-production on Breath by then.

Tina Date: Thursday, 10-Dec-15, 8:47 AM | Message # 155
Fair Dinkum

Very exciting. It's finally happening. I hope they find 2 good boys for the parts. And well, Sando couldn't be casted better biggrin
When they start shooting I will read the book again. Hopefully we get some insight at twitter/ instagram from somebody involved like it was with TM.

Ivana Date: Friday, 22-Jan-16, 6:42 PM | Message # 156
Fair Dinkum

See pictures site (production company for Breath) has been updated

Breath will be going into production in April/May 2016. If you wish to enquire, please email info@seepictures.net .

http://www.seepictures.net/breath-1

Thanks to Nele Goderis on FB.

Wand6122360 Date: Saturday, 23-Jan-16, 0:00 AM | Message # 157
Bee's Knees

Thanks to Ivana and Nele. It is very nice to get concrete news about the movie.

Hayseed Date: Tuesday, 16-Feb-16, 7:47 PM | Message # 158
Bee's Knees

So April/May is still the projected start, right?

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 16-Feb-16, 9:57 PM | Message # 159
Fair Dinkum

Yes it, as far as we know.

In a recent tweet, Robin Tunney answered a fan who was asking if Simon could come to NY to see her play, and she said he couldn't because he was prepping his movie.

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 17-Feb-16, 3:58 AM | Message # 160
Fair Dinkum

Source : https://www.facebook.com/barrett.castingsydney/

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 17-Feb-16, 5:31 AM | Message # 161
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the info!

tanjaontour Date: Wednesday, 17-Feb-16, 8:55 AM | Message # 162
Jillaroo

Good to know! Thanks Marie smile

bee Date: Wednesday, 17-Feb-16, 9:52 AM | Message # 163
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for sharing Marie.

Tassie Date: Wednesday, 17-Feb-16, 5:57 PM | Message # 164
Bee's Knees

Good to get all these little snippets-thank you DS Pallas.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 03-Mar-16, 1:11 PM | Message # 165
Fair Dinkum

According to a unknown source on Instagram (the intel is not verifiable, at least for me!), Simon will be in Denmark from 1 to 14 April.

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz