Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Breath
DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 07-Apr-16, 12:46 PM | Message # 241
Fair Dinkum

Quote Tina ()
The photo the crew member posted before the pic of a Breath location looks like Jane's car

It's a DS Tina, yes. smile

Tina Date: Thursday, 07-Apr-16, 1:45 PM | Message # 242
Fair Dinkum

Yes biggrin
Love that car! I don't get to see one very often, but during my vacation last week, while I was sitting in a restaurant, a green one drove by. I had to hold myself back to not scream out tongue
I always get sooo excited when I see a Citroen DS! The father of my best schoolfriend drove us to school with his DS quite often when I was a child.

emmyderidder Date: Friday, 08-Apr-16, 8:30 AM | Message # 243
Dinkie-Di

DS_Pallas, Wow,great cameras !!!!!!

Ivana Date: Saturday, 09-Apr-16, 12:55 PM | Message # 244
Fair Dinkum

Filming of Tim Winton's novel Breath underway in Denmark, WA
ABC GREAT SOUTHERN BY LEAH MCLENNAN
FRI AT 8:25AM

PHOTO The cast and crew of Breath prepare for filming at Ocean Beach, Denmark.

Filming of the screen adaptation of Tim Winton's novel Breath is underway, and the people of Denmark in Western Australia are being asked to respect the shoot by staying out of the way when necessary.

Based on the Miles Franklin Literary Award-winning novel, the production is expected to create more than 250 local jobs and generate $4.3 million for the WA economy.

Denmark Chamber of Commerce manager Liz Jack said locals were excited to have stars of the silver screen in their town.

"There is a buzz of excitement going on," Ms Jack said.

Australian actor Simon Baker is set to become a regular sight around the coastal town as he makes his directorial debut on the film.

Baker will also star in the project, with filming expected to be completed by the end of June.

Some disruption to town life

he chamber has notified local businesses of road closures during filming.

They have also requested that locals respect the shoot by giving cast and crew the space to work on the film.

"The most important thing in all of this is to give these guys space to make this fabulous movie," Ms Jack said.

She said the Breath team was doing all it could to ensure filming did not inconvenience businesses and residents of Denmark.

"The engagement that this mob have been doing in this community is totally commendable," Ms Jack said.

"They have immersed themselves into it and they are pulling out the stops to make sure everybody is happy.

"Filming will be completed by the end of the financial year, then all these lovely people would have left our lovely shores, so let us enjoy them while they are here."

Denmark region to benefit from movie
Ms Jack said the local economy was already directly benefitting from the project, but it was difficult to put an exact figure on the benefits obtained.

"The economic benefit will be there. It is obvious in terms of employment, in terms of businesses being used to support the crew, but it has not been quantified yet."

More than 150 Great Southern locals are expected to be employed as actors, extras and surfing doubles, with at least 100 crew members to be sourced from around WA.

The film is also expected to boost future tourist numbers in Denmark and surrounding areas.

Breath tells the story of two teenage boys who forge an unlikely bond with an older surfer in the fictional WA town of Sawyer.

The majority of filming will take place in Denmark, and will feature infamous surf break The Right.

Local surfing instructor Mike Neunuebel said watching the crew film on the water at Ocean Beach was a unique sight.

"They are down here at the moment," he said.

"[There are] guys paddling out with surfboards and jet skis with film cameras bolted to them everywhere."

Baker, star of The Mentalist, will work alongside Oscar and Emmy-winning US producer Mark Johnson (Breaking Bad, The Notebook, Rain Man) and Australian producer Jamie Hilton, of See Pictures (The Little Death, The Waiting City, Backtrack).

http://www.abc.net.au/news....tion=wa

thanks to Diana Itsjustme on FB and Fan_SmileyBaker on twitter

Tina Date: Saturday, 09-Apr-16, 4:37 PM | Message # 245
Fair Dinkum

biggrin Thank you Ivana.

I would be happy to have the "inconvenience" of Simon filming a movie in my hometown! tongue

bee Date: Saturday, 09-Apr-16, 5:45 PM | Message # 246
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Ivana. I wonder when we'll get to learn the other cast members! The suspense is killing me!!

Tina Date: Saturday, 09-Apr-16, 6:25 PM | Message # 247
Fair Dinkum

Me too, bee! I can't wait to see the other cast members. Hopefully somebody will inform about the shootings on social media.

emmyderidder Date: Saturday, 09-Apr-16, 8:59 PM | Message # 248
Dinkie-Di

FOR ALL OF YOU LOVELY PEOPLE......LET THE CAMERAS ROLL AND THE ACTORS DIRECTOR SIMON AND ALL THE OTHER HARD WORKING PEOPLE ENJOY THEIR PART OF MAKING BREATH cool LOVE AND SUCCES......EMMY

marta75 Date: Saturday, 09-Apr-16, 9:44 PM | Message # 249
Rip Snorter

At least ! The countdown to see Simon in action is on ! hands Good luck to him !

emmyderidder Date: Sunday, 10-Apr-16, 9:44 AM | Message # 250
Dinkie-Di

Good luck Simon,and use Ellen's present for surfing please....... biggrin

kim Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 1:55 AM | Message # 251
Bee's Knees

It's so exciting that Breath is starting! We are sure to get some bts pics. Very exciting. I am ever hopeful that Simon will give us little instagram action from time to time.

kabuky Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 4:11 AM | Message # 252
Surfie

johnson said the casting is still not finished! wow….

Hayseed Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 4:21 AM | Message # 253
Bee's Knees

I am so glad that this is finally happening. Don't you know Simon is excited/busy/ontopoftheworld?

Only Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 11:15 AM | Message # 254
Blow-In

Here is a great photo!!!
This is him!!!!
This is Sando!!!!!!!!
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/enterta....34f5c6a

Tina Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 11:32 AM | Message # 255
Fair Dinkum

Ohhh thank you Only!!!

Here is the photo:

[img][/img]

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath