The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Breath
Peithon Date: Sunday, 25-Jun-17, 10:39 PM | Message # 421
Rip Snorter

Another movie named Breathe is being released in October. That might be the problem as well.

Tina Date: Monday, 26-Jun-17, 8:05 AM | Message # 422
Fair Dinkum

sad . I really don't understand why Simon or somebody else from the movie give us some more infos. Why this secrecy?
Don't they want to tease people to get excited about this movie? There are hardly any photos. Other movies bring out promo photos or pics from the shootings, infos about the project while it was shot. But with this movie, almost nothing, it's really strange ...

kim Date: Tuesday, 27-Jun-17, 3:15 AM | Message # 423
Bee's Knees

A tiny little instagram picture would be great to let us know that he's still alive at least! Missing TM a lot these days.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 06-Jul-17, 6:13 PM | Message # 424
Fair Dinkum

The SCREEN AUSTRALIA website is listing BREATH to be released in May 3, 2018!

http://www.thereelbits.com/release....hedules

bee Date: Friday, 07-Jul-17, 10:37 AM | Message # 425
Fair Dinkum

Thank you for the update DSP, such a long time to wait! A candidate for Cannes perhaps?

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 07-Jul-17, 11:41 AM | Message # 426
Bee's Knees

Thanks for the info, DSP. I look forward to seeing the movie. I do hope he starts another project soon.

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 07-Jul-17, 1:31 PM | Message # 427
Fair Dinkum

Quote bee ()
such a long time to wait!

Oh yes! I suppose the release in October of the movie entitled "Breathe" has something to do with the delay?

Quote bee ()
A candidate for Cannes perhaps?

Maybe… Cannes Festival 2018 is opening on May 9, 2018. Breath could feature in the"First Films" category.
I have some doubts regarding the "Official Selection" though. It's better if Breath is presented as a Coming of Age kind of movie, rather than a Surf movie.

Quote Wand6122360 ()
I do hope he starts another project soon.

So do I. sad Would be nice if he got a role in a movie, or even an appearance in a show between august 2017 and may 2018! Just to show the public he's still around!

Tina Date: Friday, 07-Jul-17, 1:57 PM | Message # 428
Fair Dinkum

sad Thanks a lot for the update Marie. So long to wait...but I remember he once said that Breath would premier in Cannes. I doubt the movie will be shown in my city. So I might have to wait for the DVD. It really would be nice if he'd start working again. I miss him!

Deedee Date: Friday, 07-Jul-17, 9:06 PM | Message # 429
Bee's Knees

I'm sure Breath will be worth the wait and who knows what Simon might be planning to do? We shall see.

emmyderidder Date: Saturday, 08-Jul-17, 7:46 AM | Message # 430
Dinkie-Di

We all have to wait anyway.....I think it has something to do with the Cannes Film Festival

tigglewink01 Date: Thursday, 27-Jul-17, 6:21 PM | Message # 431
Rip Snorter

I also want to wish Simon a happy birthday I think it is today biggrin then I could be mistaken it could be tomorrow. smile

tigglewink01 Date: Thursday, 27-Jul-17, 6:22 PM | Message # 432
Rip Snorter

Oh and thank you for sending me the link to talk with you all I'm not very good with forums so I hope you will help me. wacko

tigglewink01 Date: Monday, 31-Jul-17, 8:15 PM | Message # 433
Rip Snorter

How sad and can anyone tell me why I have to update to photobucket.

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 14-Aug-17, 1:50 PM | Message # 434
Fair Dinkum

Bad news… from the Sydney Morning Herald sad All this may be an explanation why the release of the movie has been delayed ?

Simon Baker's film Breath runs into ugly dispute over financing

A film adaptation of Tim Winton's acclaimed novel Breath, directed by The Mentalist star Simon Baker, has run into a messy legal dispute before it has even premiered.

A company that was discussing financing the Australian drama, Arclight Films, is threatening legal action against the production company.
A letter from Los Angeles lawyer Roderick J. Lindblom​ claims Breath Productions' actions have left it open to compensation of more than $US3.1 million ($3.9 million) plus attorney's fees and costs.

It alleges that Arclight agreed to finance the film through a loan of $3.053 million and a distribution guarantee of $1 million towards the budget of $8.998 million.
But early last year, it says, Breath Productions began manipulating Arclight's position on the film by trying to find a better deal elsewhere.

Breath producer Jamie Hilton rejected the allegations.
"Our advice is that this claim is entirely without merit," he said, adding: "We look forward to bringing Breath to Australian and international audiences."
The dispute is an unhappy development for a film that was shot with high hopes in Western Australia.

As well as directing, Baker plays a reclusive surfer with newcomers Samson Coulter and Ben Spence as two teenagers who form an unlikely bond with him and his wife in the 1970s.
The cast also includes Elizabeth Debicki, Richard Roxburgh and Rachael Blake.
Baker returned to Australia from living and working in Los Angeles for 18 years to shoot the film, which is based on a novel that won the Miles Franklin award in 2009.

In an announcement at the Cannes Film Festival two years ago, he said he was "beyond excited" to be shooting the film.
"When I first read Breath, I knew I had to somehow make the film," he said. "The gathering storm of the story, detailed and intimate against the power and scope of the rugged setting, struck me as incredibly cinematic."
Hilton, who is best known for The Little Death, is producing Breath with American Mark Johnson, who won an Oscar for Rain Man and two Emmys for Breaking Bad.

Johnson fell in love with the novel and realised it was ideal material for a film while shooting the horror movie Don't Be Afraid of the Dark in Melbourne eight years ago.
"Its themes were universal yet, for me, it was such a specific Australian story," he said.
Winton's novels have previously been adapted for TV series Cloudstreet and Lockie Leonard and the films In the Winter Dark, That Eye, The Sky and The Turning.

http://amp.smh.com.au/enterta....t5.html

Tina Date: Monday, 14-Aug-17, 2:43 PM | Message # 435
Fair Dinkum

sad weep
I wonder if we will ever get to see it .... I'm looking forward so much to this, and now ... I hope they can work it out!

Thanks for the info Marie.

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz