The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Breath
Deedee Date: Tuesday, 17-Oct-17, 9:14 PM | Message # 601
Bee's Knees

Thanks Smileygirl for a lovely review. The film sounds so good can't wait to see it.

Tassie Date: Wednesday, 18-Oct-17, 2:45 PM | Message # 602
Bee's Knees

I really enjoyed your review Smileygirl-think you did a great job of putting your thoughts into words. Am so proud of what Simon has achieved even 'though I haven't seen any of the film yet.

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 20-Oct-17, 8:01 PM | Message # 603
Fair Dinkum

A new article:

The Daily Telegraph October 20, 2017
Simon Baker stars on and off camera
Simon Baker stars in and directs the film adaptation of Tim Winton’s Breath.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/enterta....9028ba1

tigglewink01 Date: Friday, 20-Oct-17, 8:39 PM | Message # 604
Rip Snorter

Could not see the article as not member sad

bee Date: Saturday, 21-Oct-17, 7:38 AM | Message # 605
Fair Dinkum

Could not see article either unfortunately!

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 21-Oct-17, 9:05 AM | Message # 606
Fair Dinkum

From THE DAILY TELEGRAPH.com.au

Confidential
Simon Baker stars on and off camera
JONATHON MORAN, Best Weekend
October 20, 2017 3:00pm

AFTER living abroad for nearly two decades and starring in one of the biggest TV shows in America
for more than seven years, Simon Baker has returned to Australia to try his hand behind the camera.

And all indications are he’s pretty good at it, with overwhelmingly positive reviews at the recent
Toronto International Film Festival ahead of its release here and overseas.

“It has been a lifelong dream to direct,” Baker said in an interview with America’s Collider.com at the festival.

Simon Baker admires Ocean Beach in Denmark, Western Australia, where the movie is set.

“Over the years as an actor with all of the films that I’ve worked on, I’ve always pretty much
watched the cinematographer and asked a lot of questions and tried to soak up as much as
I could because it has been a lifelong dream to direct.

“Quite honestly if things didn’t work out for me as an actor, and I wasn’t able to make a living
as an actor, I was probably going to try to go to film school and study cinematography.”

Breath is a film adaptation of Tim Winton’s novel of the same name, set in the 1970s and shot in
Western Australia.

As well as directing and producing the project, Baker plays the lead role of Sando, an older surfer
who forms a connection with young surfers Pikelet (Samson Coulter) and Loonie (Ben Spence).

The cast also includes Elizabeth Debicki as Baker’s on-screen wife, Eva, as well as Richard Roxburgh
and Rachael Blake.

“I love filmmaking and I love cinema and I love surfing and I love the ocean and it was just sort of
perfect that these things came together in this experience,” Baker told Collider.com.

“As a young man I always wanted to make a film that incorporated the things, the aspects of identity
that we all go through, that moment where you cross and unconsciously cross the line from childhood
into adulthood.

“I wanted to reflect on that and the challenges that we are all faced with and the courage it takes to be
your own person and stand on your own feet.

“The ocean was a respite with me. It is an ongoing relationship (for me) and it is a very intimate
relationship in a lot of ways.

“I think a lot of Australians do have a strong relationship with the ocean.”

The film signals a change in direction for Baker, who got his start in a music video for Euphoria called
Love You Right in which he was a topless back-up singer and dancer.

From there, he landed a job on the weekly drama E Street.
He won a best new talent Logie for E Street in 1993. His Hollywood film credits include LA Confidential,
The Devil Wears Prada and Red Planet.
But it was his starring role in prime time American TV shows The Guardian and The Mentalist that
made him a household name internationally.

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 21-Oct-17, 9:17 AM | Message # 607
Fair Dinkum

Great news!

BREATH at the 37th Annual Hawai International Film Festival

BREATH directed by Simon Baker is HIFF37's Centerpiece Gala

https://www.hiff.org/blog....otsuite

By HIFF | October 20, 2017

Based on the acclaimed novel by Australian author Tim Winton, the feature directorial debut of actor Simon Baker is a powerful story in which the immense force of the open sea is matched by the tidal bore of adolescent emotion. Set in a small coastal town in 1970s Australia, two teenage boys form a connection with an older surfer, who challenges them to take greater and more dangerous risks. BREATH had its world premiere at the recently concluded Toronto International Film Festival. HIFF37 presented by Halekulani is honored to present the U.S. premiere of this film as its Centerpiece Gala presented by Modern Luxury Hawai'i. BREATH replaces the film THE UPSIDE.

Writer, director, producer and star Simon Baker, best known to American audiences for his lead role in the hit TV series THE MENTALIST, will be in attendance for the first screening only.

BREATH (Australia, 2017, 115 min)

Regal Dole Cannery Stadium 18

November 8, 8:00pm (Simon Baker in attendance)

November 11, 1:00pm (Encore screening)

tigglewink01 Date: Saturday, 21-Oct-17, 9:19 AM | Message # 608
Rip Snorter

Wow what a picture such a brilliant smile best I have seen for ages thanks DSP for making my day again. Also can anyone tell me if Simon can do origami as he makes those things for Teresa in the Mentalist it's just I have tried doing the jumping frog but it won't jump hee hee. if he is able to do that then he is a genius.

tigglewink01 Date: Saturday, 21-Oct-17, 9:23 AM | Message # 609
Rip Snorter

I wish I could attend too but no such luck but thanks for posting that one also.

bee Date: Saturday, 21-Oct-17, 9:39 AM | Message # 610
Fair Dinkum

Many thanks for the article DSP. Yet another Film Festival for Simon and Breath, great news indeed!

Tina Date: Saturday, 21-Oct-17, 10:54 AM | Message # 611
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the info. New photos hopefully tongue biggrin .

Deedee Date: Saturday, 21-Oct-17, 11:09 AM | Message # 612
Bee's Knees

Thanks DSP. Great news about the film festival and yes more pics to look forward to. He sure is busy. Also I wonder when we shall see the new Longines ad?

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 21-Oct-17, 11:49 AM | Message # 613
Fair Dinkum

Quote Deedee ()
Also I wonder when we shall see the new Longines ad?

Probably soon, as Christmas is coming…

On the Breath subject, I still wonder why there's no trailer available…

tigglewink01 Date: Saturday, 21-Oct-17, 12:34 PM | Message # 614
Rip Snorter

I hope they will bring a trailer out soon I did see one Longines ad that looked new on one of the Sky channels the other night I was just surfing and came across it. It was not one I had seen before with him.

tieffina Date: Saturday, 21-Oct-17, 3:43 PM | Message # 615
Blow-In

Please, can anyone tell me when is Breath due to be released in Italy?

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz