Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Breath
DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 21-Oct-17, 6:34 PM | Message # 616
Fair Dinkum

Quote tieffina ()
Please, can anyone tell me when is Breath due to be released in Italy?

Nobody knows tieffina, because the film needs to have a Distribution deal for European countries first, ie in Italy too. We all hope Breath will be noticed in the films festivals to get that deal.

The only thing sure at the moment is it will be release in Australia in May 2018.

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 25-Oct-17, 5:06 PM | Message # 617
Fair Dinkum

HAWAII INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL Awards & Juries : Simon Baker won the HIFF 2017 Maverick Award for Breath! Congratulations!

Halekulani Maverick Award
Presented by Halekulani

SIMON BAKER (Maverick Award): Simon Baker is an Australian actor, director and avid surfer. In his television acting career, he is known for his lead roles
in the CBS television series THE MENTALIST (as Patrick Jane) and THE GUARDIAN (as Nicholas Fallin). In his film acting career, he is best known for his roles as Max Rourke in
the remake of the Japanese horror film THE RING TWO, Riley Denbo in LAND OF THE DEAD and Christian Thompson in the film adaptation of THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA.
He has recently written, directed and starred in Australian film BREATH, based on the award winning novel by Tom Vinton of the same name, set in 1970s coastal Australia.
BREATH had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. The film will be presented as HIFF37’s Centerpiece Gala.

The Hawaii International Film Festival's Halekulani Maverick Award is given to an international cinema artist who has a unique and eclectic career trajectory, contributing
to international cinema and the filmed arts in an innovative way.

Source https://www.hiff.org/filmmakers/view/awards-and-juries

bee Date: Wednesday, 25-Oct-17, 6:35 PM | Message # 618
Fair Dinkum

So pleased for Simon that all his hard work has finally been appreciated and recognised with this Award. So well deserved.

tigglewink01 Date: Wednesday, 25-Oct-17, 8:27 PM | Message # 619
Rip Snorter

I hope he will be receiving loads more but Congrats Simon and the rest of the crew. biggrin

Deedee Date: Wednesday, 25-Oct-17, 9:44 PM | Message # 620
Bee's Knees

Really great news for Simon and,of course, totally deserved.

Tina Date: Thursday, 26-Oct-17, 7:59 AM | Message # 621
Fair Dinkum

I'm so happy for Simon! He so deserves this.

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 26-Oct-17, 12:44 PM | Message # 622
Bee's Knees

That’s so great! Thanks, DSP.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 02-Nov-17, 3:19 PM | Message # 623
Fair Dinkum

Breath screened at The American Film Market 2017 in Santa Monica, November 1st, and November 2d at 1:30 pm

https://issuu.com/mb-insight/docs/screen_afm_day_1_507c6ef7768b8b

Thanks Sara P.

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 03-Nov-17, 12:09 PM | Message # 624
Fair Dinkum

Remember, you can buy the tickets for the Breath screening at HIFF 2017:

Writer, director, producer and star Simon Baker, best known to American audiences for his lead role in the hit TV series THE MENTALIST, will be in attendance for the first screening, November 8, 8pm at the Regal Dole Cannery Stadium 18

tigglewink01 Date: Friday, 03-Nov-17, 12:52 PM | Message # 625
Rip Snorter

Wish I could but I live in England so I have to wait until it comes out in the cinema's here if not then to buy the DVD.

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 04-Nov-17, 9:10 PM | Message # 626
Fair Dinkum

Can’t Miss Movies at the 2017 Hawaii International Film Festival
With 160 flicks to choose from in 10 days, Nov. 2—12, there’s something for every taste—including a beefed-up slate of Made in Hawai‘i films.

[…]
The HIFF centerpiece film is Breath, directed by The Mentalist star Simon Baker, who’s also in attendance as the Halekūlani Maverick Award winner. Based on the classic surf novel by Aussie Tim Winton, the story is not one of your “golden boys and girls chasing rainbows and pro contracts from Quiksilver and Roxy”—instead, Baker plays grizzled big-wave gunner Sando, who lives with his disabled wife on a lonesome strand where surf pounds and death is a breath away. When two teenagers seek Sando out and are swept into the undertow of his messianic vision and family life, things get gnarly (Nov. 8 and 11).

Whole article here http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Honolul....twitter

tigglewink01 Date: Saturday, 04-Nov-17, 9:45 PM | Message # 627
Rip Snorter

Thanks for the link very good read

Tina Date: Monday, 06-Nov-17, 9:13 AM | Message # 628
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the link. I wish there would be a trailer ...why don't we get at least a trailer?

tigglewink01 Date: Monday, 06-Nov-17, 9:24 AM | Message # 629
Rip Snorter

That would be nice Tina then we can have a little taste before we will be able to see it next year hopefully. sad

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 09-Nov-17, 1:11 PM | Message # 630
Fair Dinkum

Video of Simon introducing his film Breath at Hiff 37 - Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/itsevielindblom/status/928507390223192064

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz