Breath
tigglewink01 Date: Tuesday, 05-Dec-17, 10:15 AM | Message # 661
Rip Snorter

Its about time Hi Tina and DSP good morning

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 05-Dec-17, 9:37 PM | Message # 662
Fair Dinkum

From Marden Dean Instagram:
http://ligaviewer.com/mardendean/1662896245789031003_480169869

Very proud to be the cinematographer for the adaptation of Tim Winton’s Breath which recently premiered at TIFF.
It was an epic undertaking and couldn’t have been done without the inspiring talent of the cast and crew who took on some
extremely challenging conditions and made it look easy.
Thanks to Simon Baker for getting me on board and having such a strong vision, @rickrifici for delivering stunning water footage,
Dany Cooper for a beautiful edit, Production designer @stevenjonesevans for creating so many extraordinary spaces and
@panavision_asia for being so supportive.

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 13-Dec-17, 4:26 PM | Message # 663
Fair Dinkum

The Aussies are coming to Lincoln Center - New-York March 20-22, 2018
Stay tuned. A new premium Australian film, TV and digital industry event is about take its own bite of the Big Apple.

The film Breath in New-York!

https://www.australianscreenforum.org/

tigglewink01 Date: Wednesday, 13-Dec-17, 7:10 PM | Message # 664
Rip Snorter

Wow thanks for that but theres no way I would be able to go will Simon be there.

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 15-Dec-17, 11:13 AM | Message # 665
Fair Dinkum

Breath will be released in the U.S. in 2018!!

FilmRise picks up Simon Baker’s 'Breath'
By Jeremy Kay14 December 2017

https://www.screendaily.com/news....twitter

FilmRise has acquired US rights from to Simon Baker’s feature directorial debut Breath following its premiere in Toronto in September.

Breath is based on Tim Winton’s book about two teenage boys in Western Australia in the 1970s who befriend an enigmatic surfer played by Baker who pushes them to take risks.
Newcomer Samson Coulter, Ben Spence, and Richard Roxburgh star alongside Elizabeth Debicki as Baker’s enigmatic wife. Gerard Lee, Baker, and Winton adapted the screenplay.

FilmRise CEO and president Danny Fisher plans to release the drama in 2018.
Mark Johnson, Baker and Jamie Hilton produced, with Tom Williams, Dave Hansen, Johnny Mac, and Laura Rister on board as and executive producers.

“It’s incredible to know that American audiences will now have the opportunity to experience Breath in its full cinematic glory, and I’m excited to be working with FilmRise to foster a successful release,” Baker said.

Fisher added: “Simon Baker co-wrote, directed, and co-stars in this dark and beautiful adaptation of an iconic novel from his native land, Australia. He portrays this intimate and at times challenging story of both the wonders and dangers of becoming an adult in a beautiful, stark, and unexpected light. We are proud to bring this moving film to US audiences next year.”

FilmRise’s vice-president of acquisitions Max Einhorn negotiated the deal with CAA and Untitled Entertainment’s Laura Rister.

Deedee Date: Friday, 15-Dec-17, 12:55 PM | Message # 666
Bee's Knees

Thanks for posting this DSP. It’s fantastic news.

bee Date: Friday, 15-Dec-17, 1:38 PM | Message # 667
Fair Dinkum

Great news. I hope it will be released in the UK next year too. Keeping fingers crossed!

Tina Date: Friday, 15-Dec-17, 3:53 PM | Message # 668
Fair Dinkum

Good news. Hopefully the DVD will be out next year, too. In case it doesn't come to Europe next year, we could get the DVD from Australia or the USA.

Tassie Date: Friday, 15-Dec-17, 5:45 PM | Message # 669
Bee's Knees

So happy for Simon and all concerned-this is wonderful news. Thanks for posting DSP.

tigglewink01 Date: Friday, 15-Dec-17, 7:28 PM | Message # 670
Rip Snorter

Thanks DSP I happy for Simon and the rest of the crew and cannot wait for it to come to the UK and I also hope it comes out on DVD then it can go with all my other DVD's that simon has done. Hi DeeDee Bee Tina and Tassie I hope you are all well and Happy Christmas to you all.

Tassie Date: Saturday, 16-Dec-17, 1:18 PM | Message # 671
Bee's Knees

Thank you for your good wishes tigglewink01-may you and all our friends on this site have a happy Christmas and a peaceful, healthy and Simon-filled 2018. Special festive thanks to those wonderful people who are in charge of bringing us news, photos, interviews, videos and all Simon related things that make daily life that much better. xmas

tigglewink01 Date: Saturday, 16-Dec-17, 4:24 PM | Message # 672
Rip Snorter

I agree with you with all the things you said and I hope Simon and Rebecca and their family have a Wonderful Christmas and a Very Happy New Year. xmas

emmyderidder Date: Monday, 18-Dec-17, 3:14 PM | Message # 673
Dinkie-Di

Than you for all this fantastic news !!!!!!!! Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a very happy,healthy New Year.....Emmy

bee Date: Monday, 18-Dec-17, 6:06 PM | Message # 674
Fair Dinkum

Many thanks to everyone who has kept us up-to-date on all Simon news throughout the year. I'm sure 2018 will be just as exciting with Breath being released and with new Simon projects to look forward to. Wishing a very Happy Christmas and a Peaceful New Year to all.

tigglewink01 Date: Monday, 18-Dec-17, 7:02 PM | Message # 675
Rip Snorter

Happy Christmas and I hope for a peaceful New Year to you all and that we all get loads of new things in 2018 from our favourite cute gorgous man Hee Hee. Thanks to you all for being my friend. XXXXXXXXXXX

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz