The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Videos » Interviews
Interviews
beautyfulbabyboy Date: Friday, 10-Jul-15, 3:18 PM | Message # 571
True Blue

yeah, great hair!!!! - do I understand it right, that Simon is going to be in Denmanrk for filming?

Tina Date: Friday, 10-Jul-15, 4:21 PM | Message # 572
Fair Dinkum

Breath will be shot in the little town Denmark in Western Australia, bbb. Just checked it out a bit. Seems to be a great beautiful place! But pretty far away from Sydney...guess his family can't go there with him with the boys in school...or are there maybe long summer holidays during the time he is shooting so they can be there too?

Message edited by tinamarianne - Friday, 10-Jul-15, 4:26 PM

ruuger Date: Friday, 10-Jul-15, 5:04 PM | Message # 573
Cobber

edit to add: Whoops, I just realised that I posted this in the wrong thread - I meant for it to go to the articles thread. Clearly I shouldn't have multiple threads open in different tabs at the same time smile

I don't think this one has been posted yet?

Tim Winton backs Simon Baker’s hunch on gem of a town

VICTORIA LAURIE
The Australian
July 11, 2015 12:00AM

Simon Baker, The Mentalist TV star who for seven years played a psychic with the knack of reading minds, says he “just knew immed­iately” that the West Australian coastal town of Denmark was the right place for his movie version of Tim Winton’s novel Breath.

“I’m a gut person; when I drove in to town I felt the place was rich in authenticity, that there were inter­esting characters and a welcoming community.”

He wasn’t wrong. Local dignit­aries and a gaggle of surfers turned up yesterday to officially welcome him to Denmark’s local surf club, 420km southeast of Perth, which overlooks the windswept Southern Ocean.

Regional Development Minister Terry Redman says Baker’s decision to locate his film shoot in Denmark, with pre-production starting as early as December, means about $4.3 million in local income and a tourism boost for the town of 5000 residents.

Funding body Screenwest estim­ates that Breath will employ 100 local film workers and 150 local­s as actors, extras and surfing doubles. In return, the state government is investing $2.3m to ensure­ that Breath, the eighth novel by West Australian Winton, is entirely filmed in the state.

In the past seven years, regional Western Australia has been the setting for several films with combined production budgets of $89m — including Paper Planes, Red Dog, Bran Nue Dae and Australia.

Australian-born Baker was rated by Forbes as the highest-paid actor on American television last year, earning $US13m. He has appeared in movies such as LA Confidential, The Devil Wears Prada and Margin Call, and earned an Emmy Award nomin­ation for his long-running role as Patrick Jane in The Mentalist, for which he directed some episodes. But Baker’s debut as a feature film director comes with Breath, the tale of two thrillseeking boys who form an odd bond with reclus­ive surfer Sando and his enigmatic wife.

Baker will play the lead role of Sando, as well as directing and co-producing the film. Can he surf? “Badly.”

The Mentalist is a chapter now firmly closed, “but it gave me the sheer confidence to do this film, through the time I spent in front of the camera and directing.

“Of course, it also gave me enormous exposure which helps.”

Baker’s 16-year-old son, Claude, hung back as Denmark locals joined the media scrum, including tousle-headed surfie Zac, 14, who hopes to audition for a surfing-double part in the film.

The Hollywood actor says his two sons — Claude and Harry, 13 — have taught him much about adventurous teenage boys. “Of course it’s helpful. My two boys span the ages of the boys in the book.”

Baker says he shares with Winton a childhood spent as a “small-towner — I know how they work”.

He says he has valued input from Winton, who sent a message to yesterday’s gathering. “Denmark is a gem of a town with a unique community and it holds a very special place in my heart,” Winton said. “I hope it reaps the benefits of having the production based there and that Simon’s film will show the rest of the world what they’re missing.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts....7464665

Message edited by ruuger - Friday, 10-Jul-15, 8:48 PM

bee Date: Friday, 10-Jul-15, 6:10 PM | Message # 574
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Ruuger. It seems that Claude was with him here, so I wonder if Rebecca and Harry also accompanied him on this trip? Nice to have his family's support wherever he goes! smile It says "pre-production should start as early as December"....so many different timescales! unsure

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Friday, 10-Jul-15, 9:08 PM | Message # 575
True Blue

facepalm Ja, thanks for putting this right to me, Tina! I guess I should think first and then talk/write sometimes. bag
I love to see Simon with THIS HAIR in the wind love

Tina Date: Friday, 10-Jul-15, 9:29 PM | Message # 576
Fair Dinkum

You thought about "our" Denmark bbb? How cool would that have been! Would have gone up there for sure smile

Ivana Date: Thursday, 06-Aug-15, 11:47 PM | Message # 577
Fair Dinkum

Old interview posted today by @ScreenSlam on twitter

https://twitter.com/ScreenSlam/status/629418668804468736

The Gift: Simon Baker Interview: http://youtu.be/3HZVwxeoFvA?a via @YouTube

Tina Date: Friday, 07-Aug-15, 9:45 AM | Message # 578
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Ivana for the link smile

bee Date: Friday, 07-Aug-15, 10:06 AM | Message # 579
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Ivana, always a pleasure to see Simon interviewed, new or old!

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 07-Aug-15, 11:46 AM | Message # 580
Bee's Knees

Thanks Ivana! Simon giving thoughtful replies, as usual.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 11-Aug-15, 11:39 AM | Message # 581
Fair Dinkum

Seems to be blocked outside France (I can't watch it anyway), interview for TF1, mainly about Season 7 I think, but maybe someone who can watch it can let us know if there's anything interesting there:

(3:57) http://wat.replay.tf1.fr/video....j_.html
or http://www.tf1.fr/tf1....on.html

Here's the screenshot, filmed at the same time as the February 2015 #AskSimon video in Paris:

bee Date: Tuesday, 11-Aug-15, 3:08 PM | Message # 582
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the screenshot Fran. biggrin

coral Date: Tuesday, 11-Aug-15, 3:59 PM | Message # 583
Cobber

The interview is now on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE3WmuMOm88

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 11-Aug-15, 4:35 PM | Message # 584
Bee's Knees

Thanks Coral. The French Mentalist voices sound really bizarre to me.

bee Date: Tuesday, 11-Aug-15, 4:39 PM | Message # 585
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Coral. biggrin

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Videos » Interviews
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz