The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon Trivia & Chat
Simon Trivia & Chat
Thrill Date: Wednesday, 04-Jul-12, 3:52 PM | Message # 16
Dinkie-Di

Tassie - they are delightful - what an expression of your admiration - you are very talented - well done biggrin

Juney Date: Wednesday, 04-Jul-12, 3:52 PM | Message # 17
Bee's Knees

Does anyone know (or can suggest) how they learn their lines. I have great difficulty with two lines of anything let alone a whole scene.

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 04-Jul-12, 3:52 PM | Message # 18
Bee's Knees

Yeah, Juney, I'm exactly the same. Although I am getting better at reciting lines having watched the episodes several million times!

I've wondered about it too, especially as they don't have a huge amount of time to learn them!

I guess they've been doing it so long now it just comes naturally to them. That and I have a feeling that they have very good hiding places for cheat sheets around their desks! - I know Jane's desk drawer is cluttered up with scene sheets, and I'm betting the filing cabinets are too! Maybe even some of the post it notes stuck around computers and desks have actual lines on them! lol. biggrin

Message edited by AgentM - Thursday, 26-Jul-12, 6:23 PM

Tassie Date: Wednesday, 04-Jul-12, 3:53 PM | Message # 19
Bee's Knees

Just read that channel 5's on demand service is to launch on Sky with shows such as TM. What does this mean? Is season 5 coming back to channel 5 or is sky going to screen it? Does anyone know? I don't have Sky so am getting worried.

Fran Date: Thursday, 26-Jul-12, 7:20 PM | Message # 20
Fair Dinkum

Tassie - I posted the link about that in the 'Other News' section ( http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/blog ). As its the channel 5 on-demand service I don't think it means new season TM (or any of the other on-demand shows) broadcast rights moving to Sky, although as you know we are still waiting to hear if Channel 5 have the rights to season 5, so anything is possible.

Tassie Date: Thursday, 26-Jul-12, 7:55 PM | Message # 21
Bee's Knees

Thanks Fran-I'm sure we knew by this time last year if they were renewing series. Think I'm getting paranoid.

Fran Date: Thursday, 26-Jul-12, 8:08 PM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

I had become quite relaxed about it, but I've started to worry again now because its taking so long for them to announce it.

Geni Date: Friday, 27-Jul-12, 4:56 AM | Message # 23
Ankle Biter

Quote (Juney)
Does anyone know (or can suggest) how they learn their lines. I have great difficulty with two lines of anything let alone a whole scene.

Invisible wireless micro in-ear-phones are not that uncommon (verbal auto queue). That's what I'd do. "Saves over-crowding" your memory! icecream

Message edited by Geni - Friday, 27-Jul-12, 5:05 AM

Juney Date: Friday, 27-Jul-12, 4:37 PM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

What a brilliant idea Geni. Just the ticket. wink

Tassie and Fran, yes I think we're all beginning to worry, they are really leaving it a bit late to tell us, and there is never a reply from Channel 5 on Twitter. I wish they'd put us out of our misery. I don't have Sky either so would be devastated if they took it over.

sylvia5993 Date: Friday, 27-Jul-12, 4:56 PM | Message # 25
Bee's Knees

Actors have to memorize their lines, there's not getting aroun d it. However, they see by the panels for the week's shoots which scenes will film when and where, so they can prepare. Since they often film 2 eps at any given time, it can get quite confusing if they didn't have the notice. Even though they did a round table read of the materiel, it's just so many pages a day according to location. Simon is very adept at learning his lines, and even most of the other main players in the cast, if he has his glasses on, then he is preparing, otherwise he prefers having very limited vision while filming which keeps him focused.

Thrill Date: Sunday, 29-Jul-12, 6:07 AM | Message # 26
Dinkie-Di

Wow - I always assumed he wore contact lens when filming - but maybe he can't wear them or doesn't like them (he doesn't sweat so maybe he has dry eyes as well - my hubbie is the same - can only wear the 1 month ones for a few hours but only while doing water sports)

Fran Date: Sunday, 29-Jul-12, 12:32 PM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

Simon mentioned in a couple of interviews that he doesn't wear contact lenses because he finds them uncomfortable, so he may have dry eyes (I think I've also read that he has dry sensitive skin which is one of the reasons he doesn't shave whenever he gets the chance). I'm a bit confused about his glasses, because on Ellen he said that he didn't need them for close-up only for distance, and yet I've seen him wearing them when reading. About learning his lines, I think he's said in the past that he did a lot of that on his journey to and from work, which is why he had a driver - don't know if that's still the case though.

ruuger Date: Sunday, 29-Jul-12, 1:17 PM | Message # 28
Cobber

Quote (Thrill)
I'm a bit confused about his glasses, because on Ellen he said that he didn't need them for close-up only for distance, and yet I've seen him wearing them when reading.

If his both eyes aren't equally myopic, reading without glasses might give him a headache - I know a lot of people who have better sight in one eye, myself included, read with their glasses on even though they don't need to because otherwise the other eye would need to strain more to focus on the text.

Juney Date: Sunday, 29-Jul-12, 4:52 PM | Message # 29
Bee's Knees

I also read somewhere about him finding contacts uncomfortable. I should think directing would be more difficult than acting without 20/20 vision and no glasses. He seems to manage though. He's gorgeous either way.

justlook3 Date: Sunday, 29-Jul-12, 5:05 PM | Message # 30
Bee's Knees

A lot of actors get asked how they memorize all those lines and they often hand wave and call it just busy work. I suppose it's the same as studying for a paper or whatever. Those who went to school probably were taught techniques. Then those who learn on the job like Simon probably learned from other actors.
As for the glasses thing, it's possible that over time he's had to wear them while reading. Eyes usually get worse with age, not better.
Dry, sensitive skin would certainly explain why he doesn't shave unless he has too (which is good that Patrick tends to be on the scruffy side!). My husband suffers from that too, he gets red and flaky after shaving, poor lamb (course like most men he whines about having to moisturize and suffers in silence).

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon Trivia & Chat
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz