Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 5:50 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
bee Date: Sunday, 21-Aug-16, 8:41 AM | Message # 1381
Fair Dinkum

I got my copy on e-bay from New Zealand for £17.70 but I notice the price has risen to £19.60 now but it is still free postage!

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 21-Aug-16, 3:07 PM | Message # 1382
Fair Dinkum

GLAMOUR Spain September 2016 issue. Thanks to sarapettarini

Magazine link:
https://issuu.com/a240685/docs/glamour_spain_-_septiembre_2016

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 30-Aug-16, 2:41 AM | Message # 1383
Fair Dinkum

GQ Spain September 2016 (N°224) - https://issuu.com/zaragozacity/docs/gq_espa_241_a_-_septiembre_2016 - Thanks to sarapettarini:

My translation is below the pics of the Spanish article.

INTERVIEW - Simon Baker and the smart and ironic seduction.

(I've skipped the intro and the 1st question about the Givenchy "Gentleman", will translate later)

In parallel with the idea of the gentleman, the concept of masculinity has evolved. How do you see it?

It is a topic on which I have worked a lot. In fact, Breath, my next movie, addresses the troubles the protagonist faces to fit in the masculine roles that were reigning in the 70s in Australia. It speaks about a sensitive teenager interested in art, but who is immersed in an environment dominated by a masculinity based on the macho role model. Working on that while doing the movie I have clearly seen this evolution, and I think that today, masculinity is perceived as a very flexible concept. More loke a point of view towards life rather than a tough attitude.

There are actors who use certain fragrances during a shooting, depending on the character they play, to draw some inspiration from them. Is it your case?

Well, not really, and least in Breath. In the environment in where the movie takes place, they were only three fundamental smells: the smell of the ocean, that of the patchouli, and that of the marijuana (laughs). The men of that time weren't using perfume. What's true is that, in my case, I associate certain smells with certain emotions, so I can resort to them in a conscious way to achieve the emotional trip of the character. The olfactory world is tremendously evocative.

The new Givenchy campaign revolves around the concept of seduction. What are your best weapons for a charm offensive?

I've been married my whole life! So I think that I've lost all my seducing skills (laughs). Well, you become confident and relaxed as soon as you live as a couple… I don't even remember how I managed to catch my wife's attention at the time.

Marriage requires to stay in shape without lowering your guard. How do you do it? Do you follow some routine?

I grew up and live in Australia, where there is a very healthy way of life, leaving aside the consumption of alcohol, wich is a cultural imperative. My teen children keep me active all the time. I do sports: I swim, go surfing, go cycling… But in a natural way, I am not a gym fan. In any case, it's necessary to accept that you are ageing. However, I feel lucky to be a man. Unfortunately, the ageing process is harder for women, for everything it implies on a social and work level.

And let's not talk about what happens in Hollywood…

That's true. In Hollywood, how many actresses manage to keep their career active beyond 45? Though it's something that practically happens with any profession. We have becomed totally obsessed with Youth and the vitality that comes with it. But we need to see the ageing as something natural, as one of the big changes we have to face in our life.

Tina Date: Tuesday, 30-Aug-16, 2:19 PM | Message # 1384
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Marie biggrin .

bee Date: Tuesday, 30-Aug-16, 4:27 PM | Message # 1385
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the translation DSP. smile

Deedee Date: Tuesday, 30-Aug-16, 8:11 PM | Message # 1386
Bee's Knees

Thanks very much DSP.

Lariki71 Date: Wednesday, 31-Aug-16, 3:41 PM | Message # 1387
Jillaroo

Thank you very much for the article!

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 31-Aug-16, 8:33 PM | Message # 1388
Fair Dinkum

"The Best Actors of American Tv Series All Time". Simon Baker's currently second!!.

Want to vote for Simon? When on the main page, actors are listed by alphabetical order. So scroll down and click on the page # 5, choose Simon and hit the VOTE button! And you can vote multiple times, every 24 hours.

http://thebestpoll.com/the-best-actors-of-american-tv-series-all-time/

Ivana Date: Sunday, 04-Sep-16, 8:01 AM | Message # 1389
Fair Dinkum

Is anyone willing to translate this article?

Sport & Style Magazine No 77
Read it online here!
http://www.sportetstyle.fr/magazine,77,fr.html

thanks to http://sarapettarini.tumblr.com/post/149882549919

Lariki71 Date: Thursday, 08-Sep-16, 9:15 AM | Message # 1390
Jillaroo

http://larikisb.tumblr.com/post....e-no-77 Ivana, I translated it

Ivana Date: Thursday, 08-Sep-16, 4:54 PM | Message # 1391
Fair Dinkum

Thank you so much Lariki71!

Deedee Date: Thursday, 08-Sep-16, 6:11 PM | Message # 1392
Bee's Knees

Thanks very much for the translation Lariki71.

Lariki71 Date: Thursday, 08-Sep-16, 7:45 PM | Message # 1393
Jillaroo

Deedee, Ivana, my pleasure

Tina Date: Friday, 09-Sep-16, 1:37 PM | Message # 1394
Fair Dinkum

Thanks a lot Lariki71 biggrin !

bee Date: Friday, 09-Sep-16, 8:03 PM | Message # 1395
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the translation Lariki71. smile

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz