Friday, 19-Apr-24, 1:04 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Season 6 SPOILERS
June Date: Monday, 19-Aug-13, 12:26 PM | Message # 46
Bee's Knees

Quote (kul65)
Plotnick is my favorite too and not just because I think he is Red John but because I want him to be. He just fits the part so well and it would be a waste of so many good ambiguous lines if he's not the one.

I agree with you completely.

Quote (Fran)
I quite like the idea, I think Agatha Christie has used it once or twice, seems to be a good way to throw people off the scent.

Sherlock Holmes fakes his own death in "The Final Problem" after fighting Moriarty.

Message edited by June - Monday, 19-Aug-13, 12:27 PM

Fran Date: Thursday, 22-Aug-13, 11:25 AM | Message # 47
Fair Dinkum

I can't decide whether this is a re-write of previous interviews, or if there's some new comments here, so I'll post it anyway.

Simon Baker Loves the Energy of 'Risky' Moves on This Season of 'The Mentalist'
Look for "The Mentalist" to switch things up this season in a big way. "We're going to throw a lot of stuff at it this year," reports star Simon Baker. "I think by the end of the calendar year we'll have caught Red John."

That, as anyone familiar with the long-running drama is aware, is the name of the serial killer at the center of the mystery that's run throughout its six-year history: Who murdered Baker's Patrick Jane character's wife and child in an act of revenge? So if Red John is caught, how will Jane go on? Will he follow through with threats to kill the monster?

"I don't want to give too much away, but this year it's going to be different. If you miss an episode you might miss something on the progression of the story because it's going to move quite quickly. I think it's going to be far more serialized. That's really because we are in the sixth season, and why the hell not, you know?" asks the handsome Aussie star.

"I think we're going to just really mix the show up the second half the season. It's really risky, which I like," he says. "I'm quite happy about that. I find it exciting and refreshing. I've read the first five outlines, and it's like anything can happen."
http://www.arcamax.com/enterta....-377886

Peithon Date: Thursday, 22-Aug-13, 3:05 PM | Message # 48
Rip Snorter

IMDB is reporting Sheriff McAllister is in 6.03 Wedding In Red. So we have Plotnick in 6.01, Reede in 6.02, McAllister in 6.03 and Gaston in the first two that we know of. Seems a suspect in every show...

Fran Date: Saturday, 24-Aug-13, 9:51 AM | Message # 49
Fair Dinkum

Rockmond Dunbar (The Game) is set for a recurring three-episode arc on CBS’ veteran drama The Mentalist, with potential to become a series regular. He will appear in episodes 7, 8 and 9, playing FBI Supervisory Agent Dennis Abbott who is a tough, no-nonsense cop who doesn’t suffer fools and isn’t overly impressed by Patrick Jane’s skills or charm. The Mentalist is looking for new regulars as part of a cast changeover that includes the planned exit of original cast members Amanda Righetti and Owain Yeoman in a plot twist. The series also is casting a new female regular.
http://www.deadline.com/2013....regular

[Character previously reported as Nick Abbot, don't know if it's a name change or a mistake]

@RockmondDunbar http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0241870/

Tina Date: Saturday, 24-Aug-13, 10:53 AM | Message # 50
Fair Dinkum

Hey, that's the guy from Prison Break. Really liked him in PB. So all this talk about new characters. I hope
they prepare for another season.

Juney Date: Saturday, 24-Aug-13, 4:54 PM | Message # 51
Bee's Knees

It's all change for the coming season isn't it. I hope that bodes well for a S7.

bee Date: Saturday, 24-Aug-13, 6:01 PM | Message # 52
Fair Dinkum

Can't believe they would make all these changes and introduce new characters if there wasn't going to be a Season 7! Keeping my fingers crossed! unsure

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 24-Aug-13, 6:31 PM | Message # 53
Fair Dinkum

I guess the existence of a Season 7 will be conditioned by the audience ratings of season 6 sad
Bruno has probably already thought of a conclusion of the whole storyline at the end of S6, but he surely let himself an opportunity to extend the story for another 22 episodes if necessary. TM is rich enough character-wise to do that…

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Saturday, 24-Aug-13, 6:35 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 26-Aug-13, 6:12 PM | Message # 54
Bee's Knees

As much as I liked Amanda's charactor and was ambivalent about Owain's the addition of all these new ones bodes well for future of TM. Hopefully they will develop them enough and maybe we'll see Lisbon and Jane leave the CBI and join the FBI to chase other serial killers rather than the murder of the week ritual. Or is this to become just like any other cop show?

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 26-Aug-13, 6:24 PM | Message # 55
True Blue

Quote (sylvia5993)
maybe we'll see Lisbon and Jane leave the CBI and join the FBI...

this is an interesting thought!
I am optimistic they prepare for a 7th season in case the numbers are good enough.
I will for sure miss the Cho/Rigsby interaction, though.
Wait and see...

kul65 Date: Monday, 26-Aug-13, 7:56 PM | Message # 56
Cobber

Quote (sylvia5993)
As much as I liked Amanda's charactor and was ambivalent about Owain's the addition of all these new ones bodes well for future of TM. Hopefully they will develop them enough and maybe we'll see Lisbon and Jane leave the CBI and join the FBI to chase other serial killers rather than the murder of the week ritual. Or is this to become just like any other cop show?
Another reason I thought about why they might join the FBI would be to hunt down the rest of Red John's network. Or Visualize. smile

Peithon Date: Monday, 26-Aug-13, 10:00 PM | Message # 57
Rip Snorter

Or perhaps the FBI has to guard Jane from the minions or in fact keep him from killing Red John. So many interesting possibilities. BTW we should get the press release for the season premier this week - CBS just put out the one that repeats the finale today.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 27-Aug-13, 9:59 PM | Message # 58
Fair Dinkum

Season 6 Teaser Video
The sixth season of The Mentalist has a tagline: “Red John: The Final Chapter.”
So that’s even more confirmation that Red John will indeed be unmasked this season. Below, the first promo is all about the hunt for the show’s mysterious serial-killer villain, an operation that’s now down to seven suspects.
Here in the teaser with Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) conflicting with Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) followed by a moment that strongly suggests that Red John may have captured her.
(0:32) http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/27/the-mentalist-season-6/
youtube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy_2IXWixGI&

Hayseed Date: Wednesday, 28-Aug-13, 5:05 AM | Message # 59
Bee's Knees

More spoilers here:

http://www.tvguide.com/News....76.aspx

Heller and Baker are torturing me.

Anything good about The Mentalist, preferably about Jane and Lisbon?
ADAM: With the show wrapping up the Red John story line this season, creator Bruno Heller hints that the unresolved sexual tension between the core duo will perhaps move to the fore. "I think they absolutely love each other," he says. "Have they ever laid there at night and thought about the other one and what that would be like to be a romantic couple? Of course they have, and that's exactly what they're going to continue feeling and thinking." Then again, catching Red John might change those feelings altogether. "They care so much about each other, [but] with the stakes being ratcheted up by Red John being ever-present, it's a pressure-cooker situation," Simon Baker says. "They have to lean on each other more, but it's also going to be easy for them to blow each other's fuse."

Fran Date: Wednesday, 28-Aug-13, 9:48 AM | Message # 60
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Hayseed, sounds good, don't want them to wrap up the Jane/Lisbon relationship yet, that really would be the end of the show.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz