Friday, 19-Apr-24, 3:43 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 08 Red John (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
08 Red John
Ivana Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 0:12 AM | Message # 46
Fair Dinkum

oh, thank you DS_Pallas, ROFLMAO lol

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 0:12 AM | Message # 47
Bee's Knees

DS_Pallas, Thanks! made me laugh.

marta75 Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 0:12 AM | Message # 48
Rip Snorter

Hitler's reaction : excellent laugh

Fran Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 3:02 AM | Message # 49
Fair Dinkum

Wow, do people really thinks that's funny surprised I know it's different cultures and everything, but I would have thought that calling Bruno Heller a c**t would be considered extremely offensive in any country.

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 4:12 AM | Message # 50
Bee's Knees

It was funny to me Fran, because it was Hitler speaking, and so I took his opinions to be majorly over the top funny in a Hitler kind of way. Also, truth be told, and offensive language aside (I wouldn't expect any less from Hitler), Hitler said exactly what many people were thinking, which added to the humor. And though I enjoyed the Red John episode, I must admit that I agreed with the gist of what he said.

On the other hand, I must also admit that making Hitler humorous about the show is offensive, especially when you consider that apparently, Heller's father was a concentration camp survivor.

Geli Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 6:10 AM | Message # 51
Surfie

My daughter said this same clip from a movie has been used with many different "angry" subtitles for various things where people want to voice their anger/displeasure. So the RJ episode is not the only subject the clip has been used for. I didn't find it offensive but thought it was over the top humor.

Tina Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 10:09 AM | Message # 52
Fair Dinkum

I watched only bits of this clip but I don't think this is funny. It's offending against TM and Bruno. Bruno Heller is making one of the best shows ever (for me it's THE BEST ever) and he doesn't deserve this! He's just human, so yes, he is making mistakes. But I loved the episode, it's great work by all of the people involved in the show. I'm not happy about the fact that Bruno hadn't decided earlier who RJ was, but okay, not such a big problem for me. It's not that I looked out for clues in any episode. I would have never guessed it was the Sheriff, but he sure did a great job as RJ. And isn't is so that many evil men turn out to be cowards when it comes to their death?
I admire Bruno, he seems to be a good man and he sure makes very good entertainment!
Can't wait to see the next episodes.

bee Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 10:31 AM | Message # 53
Fair Dinkum

Sorry, wasn't amused by this at all. Found it offensive towards Bruno. I don't think anything concerning Hitler is in any way funny. Perhaps it's just me! facepalm

Message edited by bee - Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 10:48 AM

Mossibecca Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 12:35 PM | Message # 54
Bee's Knees

The language was bad, the visual content was offensive, but I am afraid it DID make me laugh out loud.....I found it so over the top that it was beyond offensive...but that may be my sense of humour.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 12:53 PM | Message # 55
Fair Dinkum

OK… Fran was right to add a warning to my post, didn't think to do it, I should have.

Simply, I kinda like subversive humor and a bit of provocation. I understand perfectly it's not everybody cup of tea, and everyone here is entitled to express his/her opinion.
But I thought this clip expressed (in a rather crude kind of way, I admit) the opinion of a lot of viewers about this RED JOHN episode. I can't say I share it, I was happy with ep08, but I thought it was interesting.

And I really think the clip has nothing to do with Hitlerian connotations or nazi related things, PLEASE! As Geli said, this scene was picked for other rantings; and remember it's just a scene from a film, they didn't use real images.

So, if you don't like rough and politically uncorrect, don't watch!
Me, it made me laugh. happy

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 1:01 PM | Message # 56
Fair Dinkum

Quote Hayseed ()
Made my day. How cathartic.

exactly what I thought! in a dark kind of way devil

Ivana Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 2:23 PM | Message # 57
Fair Dinkum

The Mentalist is my favorite show ever, I admire Bruno and adore Simon. And don't have a problem with Red John, in fact I loved episode and watch it almost every day, but this clip just made me laugh real hard. It is over the top, but our favorite Mentalist Patric Jane and his creator Bruno have the taste for subversive humor too and I like to think that it would make them laugh also. Besides it only shows how much fans have invested themselves and how strong fan base TM has.

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 2:53 PM | Message # 58
Bee's Knees

I seem to remember that there was another Hitler Mentalist video a few years back that also made me laugh. Anyways, here is something very light and humorous which I picked up from a Mentalist posting on the TWoP web site.

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/714/5285/original.jpg

Message edited by Wand6122360 - Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 2:55 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 4:14 PM | Message # 59
Fair Dinkum

RJ was pigeoned! biggrin

shoelady Date: Thursday, 28-Nov-13, 6:32 PM | Message # 60
Jillaroo

You can say that RJ was destroyed with his own 'petard' which is to say his arrogance and thoughts of invincibility. The pigeon truly represents this instrument of defeat, and a pigeon hypnotized in Patrick's pocket constituted his weapon of choice along with the gun to bring RJ to his knees in order to actually control the murder.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 08 Red John (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz