Thursday, 28-Mar-24, 9:36 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 Speculations & Expectations (may contain valid and invalid spoilers)
Season 7 Speculations & Expectations
redbird Date: Thursday, 04-Sep-14, 7:37 PM | Message # 91
Dinkie-Di

I too would love to see Jane and Lisbon have at least one heart felt conversation in the upcoming season. They certainly have a lot to talk about.

Season 6 was kind of an anomaly. CBS didn't do the show any favors either with such a terrible time slot or making a decision about the future of the show. No one on the show knew if they were wrapping up the season or wrapping up the series until way late in the game. To end the series with the number of episodes that were left they really had no choice but to rush the Lisbon/Pike story arc which, to be honest, didn't really bother me because I wasn't a huge fan of their relationship. And I think that the sloppy Jane/Lisbon/Fisher love triangle thing was an idea that looked good on paper but didn't work when they started to film it so it was sort of left floundering. The second half of the season did move rather slowly but it was a whole new show after the Red John reveal and it takes time to establish that.

I think that Season 7 has the potential to be a really good season and that's exciting. But it's also kind of sad to know that it's coming to an end. We've all gotten very used to seeing something new from Simon Baker every week and I don't think he'll ever do another TV series - at least not in front of the camera. A series is a huge commitment and the schedule is physically grueling. Simon has said that he didn't expect to ever do television again after the Guardian but the character of Patrick Jane was just too good to say no to. Patrick Jane is a once in a lifetime character. How likely is it that he'll be in a position to say yes or no to another once in a lifetime character? Of course, Simon will still do movies but a movie is 2 hours of screen time that can take a year before it's released. That's a whole lot less of Simon Baker than we've gotten used to seeing.

Wand612 Date: Thursday, 04-Sep-14, 8:10 PM | Message # 92
Jillaroo

Totally agree with you redbird. I too am looking forward to heartfelt (but humorous) conversations between Jane and Lisbon. And I will so miss my weekly fix once the show is gone.

Tina Date: Friday, 05-Sep-14, 8:54 AM | Message # 93
Fair Dinkum

I feel the same redbird. But thankfully there are DVDs. I was just thinking yesterday when I watched the interview by Franck and he asked Simon who will miss Jane more ...
well, I will not miss Jane, because I will go on watching TM again and again. This will always be my absolutely No. 1 tv show, and I'm so grateful we live in this time, because when I was young there were no DVD's, not even video tapes. So when you loved a show, you could only watch it on tv, once, and then never again, only if there was a reurn.
Jane will live on for me, and he will always be my favorite tv character.
I will miss the weekly new material with Simon, but I have so much DVDs to watch. So I try to see it positive ...and I hope he will not disappear completely for a long time.
I'm very curious what the first thing will be after TM. Even though I don't want to think about the official ending of this show!

I don't have much expactations for Season 7, I'm just happy we get it. As long as there is a lot of Jane I'm happy. But I'd like to see some emotional scenes with Jane and Lisbon. What I don't need is a wedding, and please no baby, because I think there are both not ready for that. It will be a long way til they come to this. And unless there is a major time jump, it wouldn't fit.

Message edited by tinamarianne - Friday, 05-Sep-14, 8:59 AM

kim Date: Friday, 05-Sep-14, 3:17 PM | Message # 94
Bee's Knees

Just read that Simon will be directing episodes 5 and 7 of this season!! Hope it's true. Several sources had reported that he is for sure directing episode 5 but thesis the first i've read about episode 7. The article was at inquisitor.com.http://www.inquisitr.com/1453053/the-mentalist-season-7-spoilers-time-jump-episodes-and-other-updates/

Tina Date: Friday, 05-Sep-14, 4:46 PM | Message # 95
Fair Dinkum

Episode 5 is confirmed by the TM people. Haven't heard about another one. But who knows, maybe he wants to do 2 episodes this year since it seems it's only a short season and the final one. So maybe last chance for him to direct on TM sad

coral Date: Friday, 05-Sep-14, 7:29 PM | Message # 96
Cobber

Ignore it, that's one of the trash sites that churn out rubbish. Even if Simon was going to direct 2 episodes he wouldn't do 2 so close together - he may seem like superman sometimes but even Simon wouldn't be able to do post production on ep5, shoot ep6, and pre production on ep7 all at the same time!

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 05-Sep-14, 10:31 PM | Message # 97
Fair Dinkum

Quote coral ()
he may seem like superman sometimes but even Simon wouldn't be able to do post production on ep5, shoot ep6, and pre production on ep7 all at the same time!

Yes! Sounds like you're right coral. Or he has a secret twin…

kim Date: Saturday, 06-Sep-14, 3:44 PM | Message # 98
Bee's Knees

It does seem unlikely, but wouldn't it be great if he got to direct 2 episodes of this season. Maybe they just got the episode number wrong, I am ever the optimist! Also I like the idea of a twin DS_Pallas......but could the we really take it if there were another Simon? Really, who would get anything productive done with twice as many amazing photos to look over and movies to watch etc.? eek

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 06-Sep-14, 4:22 PM | Message # 99
Fair Dinkum

Quote kim ()
ut could the we really take it if there were another Simon? Really, who would get anything productive done with twice as many amazing photos to look over and movies to watch etc.?

Thinking… dry

Meh. yes, I think I could live with it. tongue

kim Date: Saturday, 06-Sep-14, 6:33 PM | Message # 100
Bee's Knees

biggrin
Quote DS_Pallas ()
Meh. yes, I think I could live with it.

Fran Date: Sunday, 07-Sep-14, 0:15 AM | Message # 101
Fair Dinkum

Jordan confirms that Simon will not be directing 2 episodes this season:
6Sep14
Jordan Harper ‏@jordan_harper
Reply to 'Simon Baker will direct two episodes of The Mentalist this season (s7)!!! Is it true?' - No
https://twitter.com/jordan_harper/status/508296290526973952

kim Date: Sunday, 07-Sep-14, 1:22 AM | Message # 102
Bee's Knees

sad

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 23-Sep-14, 12:01 PM | Message # 103
Fair Dinkum

In an interview of Bruno Heller about his new series Gotham, there are a few mentions of the Mentalist:

http://www.assignmentx.com/2014....terview

and this one interesting bit:

AX: Are you still actively involved with THE MENTALIST?

HELLER: Yeah, I’m still involved with THE MENTALIST. We have this one last season, so yeah, it was important to me and to [MENTALIST lead] Simon [Baker] that we went out together, basically. We’ve had the same writing team, pretty much, the same crew on that show from the start, so yeah, one last go.

Nice to know Heller is still on board and is working with Simon till the end.

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Tuesday, 23-Sep-14, 12:03 PM

bee Date: Tuesday, 23-Sep-14, 12:22 PM | Message # 104
Fair Dinkum

I'm so glad Bruno is still involved with TM and I wonder if he will write (or has already written) the series finale? As the creator of the series I think it would be a fitting end!

Fran Date: Tuesday, 23-Sep-14, 12:24 PM | Message # 105
Fair Dinkum

Ah, just posted that in The Mentalist thread, you beat me by 5 minutes so I've deleted it now biggrin But I will add here the comment that I made there:
I have to say I'm not sure I believe this because Bruno seems to be very absent, and so far this season the only regular writers who have written episodes are Tom and Jordan.

(And Tina I've moved your comment from there to here)

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 Speculations & Expectations (may contain valid and invalid spoilers)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz