Wednesday, 24-Apr-24, 1:27 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 SPOILERS (Spoilers, from reputable sources, about unaired episodes)
Season 7 SPOILERS
Fran Date: Wednesday, 26-Nov-14, 7:05 PM | Message # 121
Fair Dinkum

Ah OK Peithon, thanks for explaining. I had previously thought along similar (but far less sophisticated) lines, wondering if a 'Hart To Hart' type spin-off of TV movies might be considered a possibility. To be honest I'm not sure it would be a good idea, but all-in-all it seems very unlikely.

KathyF Date: Wednesday, 26-Nov-14, 9:38 PM | Message # 122
Rip Snorter

I always thought Hart to Hart was an homage to Nick and Nora Charles myself..they had a dog too, remember? He was named Freeway!

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Thursday, 27-Nov-14, 6:00 AM | Message # 123
True Blue

The Mentalist - Nothing But Blue Skies - Cast Interview

(3:30) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCyfcSZPn2M

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRBmbKnTqRs&feature=youtu.be

Tina Date: Thursday, 27-Nov-14, 8:40 AM | Message # 124
Fair Dinkum

Ohhh nice. Thanks bbb. I just love them all ... love

bee Date: Thursday, 27-Nov-14, 9:11 AM | Message # 125
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for sharing BBB nice interview. biggrin

Fran Date: Thursday, 27-Nov-14, 11:27 AM | Message # 126
Fair Dinkum

Thanks BBB, nice, cute little snippet with the origami. (I've updated your post to include the cbs youtube version as the 1st link)

June Date: Thursday, 27-Nov-14, 12:54 PM | Message # 127
Bee's Knees

Thanks for the video. By the way, Abott has lost weight, he's thinner.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 27-Nov-14, 1:53 PM | Message # 128
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the link !

"Should think about getting you a key to this place, huh?"
"Would make things easier."

So typical of Lisbon and Jane! smile

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 27-Nov-14, 3:23 PM | Message # 129
Fair Dinkum

With all theses discussions about the new step in Jane & Lisbon relationship, I was curious to compare what is said today about it in the creators interviews with what was said years ago. I found this: from a Chris Long & Bruno Heller interview by CTV Canada in 2010

On where the Jane/Lisbon relationship is headed:

Heller: I think that relationship -- again, Chris deals with it on a moment-by-moment basis, and to that degree, it's a moment-by-moment thing. Like real life, they don't know where or what that relationship will turn into. But I think where we try and keep it is keeping it -- those questions open, because it depends on the audience member. Some people see that as a very sort of intense but cryptic romantic relationship. Other people see it purely as brother and sister. And I think we leave it to time and the audience to play that out and the chemistry of the actors.

Long: Interestingly, they're [ Simon & Robin ] really, really good friends, and they are like brother and sister. I'm not sure if we're being guided by that as we bring the show forward, but they behave like brother and sister. You don't feel there's any sort of sexual tension between Robin Tunney and Simon Baker. They really like each other a lot as friends, so I'm not sure if it's part of that that's driving us that we don't see them making out or in a romantic relationship.

Heller: And also, those things, again, like real life, those two people can work in an office context like that for years and years and then suddenly discover, despite their brother and sister relationship, that they love each other. That's the thing. They do love each other on screen. And that sort of transcends any potential sexuality, and I think to that degree, it would be an entirely secondary thing if their relationship was ever consummated, but for me what great TV does is it creates kind of not substitute families, but kind of larger families, and the shows that last, that people are fond of, have relationships imbedded in them that are like relationships in real life, good ones. They go on for years and years and years, and they change subtly. It's not kind of big, melodramatic changes. It's just the familiarity and comfort of people you know, you know?

Source: Bruno Heller and Chris Long try to explain the magic behind 'The Mentalist'

IMO, re-reading this interview made 4 years ago, I could think Heller has planned Jane and Lisbon will end together since the 3d season, at least.

Tanja Date: Thursday, 27-Nov-14, 4:26 PM | Message # 130
Rip Snorter

Thank you DS_Pallas, Thank you for this interview, very interesting!!
To be honest, I'm non shipper and always glad to read the stuff like that wink

kim Date: Thursday, 27-Nov-14, 5:29 PM | Message # 131
Bee's Knees

I love that the origami is back! I am just super jealous that the Canadians get the first look. My cousin better be watching!!

Juney Date: Friday, 28-Nov-14, 8:05 PM | Message # 132
Bee's Knees

Quote Tanja ()
To be honest, I'm non shipper

I'm a non-shipper too Tanja, I think we are in the minority. sad

Tanja Date: Friday, 28-Nov-14, 11:04 PM | Message # 133
Rip Snorter

Really?? So happy about it Juney. I know it's hard for us. But we have to hang on .

kim Date: Saturday, 29-Nov-14, 0:08 AM | Message # 134
Bee's Knees

Tanja and Juney-shipper or non-shipper we still love ya!

Wand6122360 Date: Saturday, 29-Nov-14, 1:08 AM | Message # 135
Bee's Knees

Well said, Kim.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 SPOILERS (Spoilers, from reputable sources, about unaired episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz