Tuesday, 16-Apr-24, 8:45 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 02 The Greybar Hotel (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
02 The Greybar Hotel
Tina Date: Thursday, 11-Dec-14, 8:57 AM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

I loved the episode, liked it even much more than the first one. It could have been a bit more Jane, but that's the only think I complain about. I really loved the story.

Not many Jisbon scenes though ...I think it's good they do it that way, it would be weird if they'd be too much showing two love birds. On the other side, a bit more would be nice ...I have mixed feelings about it. On one side, I'd like to see some private moments with ...you know what I mean ...on the other side I really like the way they are handling it.

Stella was great! Very short appearance, but good. She's such a pretty girl.

And now let's see what next episode brings tongue
Should be fun.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 11-Dec-14, 11:52 AM | Message # 17
Fair Dinkum

Tina, I think Lisbon (aka the writers) decision of not showing display of affection or intimacy in public is partly for the reason she gave Jane during their conversation on the porch in ep1 (to let things settle down after the Pike affair), also partly because it shows the insecurity she is feeling regarding their relationship.
Remember what she said to Marie? That she's not sure he will stay? He has left her so many times before…
So Lisbon avoiding any touch must be written in the script to emphasize this feeling of uncertainty and insecurity.

Just my opinion. I understand you find it frustrating, but it's made on purpose.

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 11-Dec-14, 1:23 PM | Message # 18
Bee's Knees

DSP, I have been thinking the same thing about Lisbon's insecurity being the reason for keeping their relationship secret. I think it's very clever writing and I do look forward to watching Lisbon lose those insecurities.

AgentM Date: Tuesday, 30-Dec-14, 7:50 PM | Message # 19
Bee's Knees

Well...I guess I knew it would happen so I shouldn't really be surprised...but I am feeling a little bit disappointed. The premiere episode wasn't really up to standard and neither was this one. Yes, there were a few bits that I enjoyed and it is so good to have the show back again but at what cost? Lingering looks and the predictable 'oh no Lisbon may be in danger, Jane has to worry and save her' moments. Now y'all know I'm not a shipper and have been pretty much against putting the two of them together from the very start - I guess I should be thankful for small mercies in that they have kept it pretty subtle so far BUT the crime plots have not been strong enough so far either. I find myself more interested in the relationships between Vega and Wylie and Cho and believe they have been more entertaining and intriguing than Lisbon and Jane. I get that everyone else seems to love the idea and that they want to see more but it's just not doing it for me. I love the complexity of Patrick Jane and I know he is wandering into fairly new territory allowing himself to let down his guard and it is nice to see the fact that he is allowing these feelings to emerge. However, I just hope the writers don't start with the clichés of Jane in danger, Lisbon worried, Lisbon in danger, Jane worried, Lisbon sick, Jane nursing her, Jane sick (even though he never gets sick), Lisbon nursing him scenarios. The fact that Erica Flynn is coming back into the equation opens them up to more cliché of jealousy! Not especially looking forward to that idea. I know I sound really negative, and I don't mean to - I love the characters and the show and will be sorry to see it end, I just fear it won't go out with a bang but with a whimper and that would be a real shame. Hoping to see the magic return in the upcoming episodes.

Message edited by AgentM - Tuesday, 30-Dec-14, 7:52 PM

June Date: Tuesday, 30-Dec-14, 8:40 PM | Message # 20
Bee's Knees

AgentM, this is what I wrote about episode 1: "Weak, disappointing, one of the worst in the series. I can't believe that Tom wrote this. I admit that for a moment I was afraid that being the last season the writers had relaxed, I hope not. Anyway, I wait for more and "better" next Sunday". Yes, you sound a little bit negative but I understand perfectly what you mean. Keep the faith! biggrin

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 31-Dec-14, 4:43 PM | Message # 21
Bee's Knees

So far season 7 is so bad I'm not even keeping the DVR for a second look. I don't like the Cho/Vega war games, and now the Abbott situation. Please, give us the old Jane, now that the vest is back, bring back the smart and infuriating Jane and the tough bossy Lisbon. We've lost the oomph of the show, gone soap opera.

Wand6122360 Date: Wednesday, 31-Dec-14, 5:39 PM | Message # 22
Bee's Knees

I find that I'm actually rewatching episodes more than I had been doing in past years. I am really enjoying the subtle way in which Jane and Lisbon are evolving as people. I agree that the show is different in tone, but I appreciate the change and variety. I think the first episodes were probably the most difficult to write because the change in show dynamics was so great.
I look forward to seeing where the show goes from here.

Tina Date: Wednesday, 31-Dec-14, 5:51 PM | Message # 23
Fair Dinkum

I love Season 7 so far, I only complain a bit that there is not enough Jane in some episodes and I don't care much about the stories of the others. The Jane/ Lisbon moments are great. I like it that they changed the show...sometimes I miss RJ and Rigsby and Van Pelt but I think it was time to move on from the RJ story. Still my absolutely favorite show and I'm very much looking forward to the rest of episodes.

coral Date: Wednesday, 31-Dec-14, 7:04 PM | Message # 24
Cobber

I can't see any similarity to a soap opera, the thing about soap operas is that they tend to over-dramatise everything, but thankfully The Mentalist continues to develop its characters with subtle and understated artistry. Personally speaking, I'm very glad we haven't still got the 1-dimensional stroppy Lisbon, I only started to get interested in her once her other layers started to surface.

Juney Date: Sunday, 22-Feb-15, 6:02 PM | Message # 25
Bee's Knees

Quote sylvia5993 ()
So far season 7 is so bad

I agree with you Sylvia. I have been so disappointed with the series so far. I hope it picks up, also knowing the end as I expect we all do by now, I am not looking forward to the rest of the series.

I hope I don't stir up a hornet's nest here, but I don't think Lisbon was very convincing as a prisoner. She didn't have an air of authority when standing up to the prisoner who would just have told her to get lost or probably worse. Robin isn't tall enough or strong enough for that kind of role.

angel Date: Thursday, 26-Feb-15, 11:48 AM | Message # 26
Cobber

Loved this episodes from the explosive amazing beginning to the end. Cho is really becoming top brass material in the FBi loving him. And abbott wow when talking to the girl in interogation and suddenly he bellows in anger at her i nearly jumped out of my seat. He is now officially my fave boss next to minelli.

Loved how lisbon in trying to get friendly with her cellmate she talks about her boyfriend patrick it was so sweet as she was talking truly from the heart. What a scumbag the boyfriend was.

Kudos to wylie in trying to get vega to not use janes cup. What a hilarious scene and when she gets spooked when about to take a sip then decides to go back. Love it. The moment in the car when jane tells lisbon about taking a shower and to wear what was it the flip flops? they are adorable.

But the whole section when jane masterminds the breakout and to him desperately trying to find her when they lose her to his crafty trick with the light to get the gang to surrender and he was willing to sacrifice himself going in unarmed. Brilliantly written and acted out. Excellent stuff.

And kudos to Stella what a nice little scene she had. Memorable. Love the ending with the look on janes face when the file shows erika and his face just drops. Excellent episode

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 02 The Greybar Hotel (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz