Tuesday, 23-Apr-24, 7:40 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 08 The Whites of His Eyes (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
08 The Whites of His Eyes
Fran Date: Wednesday, 15-Oct-14, 12:29 PM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

7.08 'The Whites of His Eyes'

Written by Erin Donovan (Chris Long's wife).

JANE WORRIES FOR LISBON’S SAFETY WHEN THE FBI GETS BETWEEN AN ASSASSIN AND HIS TARGET, ON “THE MENTALIST,” WEDNESDAY, JAN. 21

“The Whites of His Eyes” – Jane worries for Lisbon’s safety when the team puts itself in the line of fire to protect the witness in a murder investigation from a skilled assassin, on THE MENTALIST, Wednesday, Jan. 21 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Can Jane watch Lisbon put herself in danger when the team protects a witness from a hit man? #TheMentalist 1/21 8pm http://bit.ly/1AqFF8E

REGULAR CAST:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Rockmond Dunbar (Dennis Abbot)
Joe Adler (Jason Wylie)
Josie Loren (Michelle Vega)

GUEST CAST:
Brendan Wayne (Lydon)
Tim Griffin (Agent Spackman)
Mary Kay Place (Belinda)
Devon Graye (Ethan)
Tyler Case (Caleb)
Alex Penavega (Lily)
Jeff Ward (Matthew)
Matthew Alan (Kelvin)
Burt Grinstead (Realtor)
Karolin Luna (Barmaid)
Juan Monsalvez (Diego)
Linda Burzynski (EMT)
Kathryn Taylor (Hotel Security)

WRITTEN BY: Erin Donovan
DIRECTED BY: Rod Holcomb

kim Date: Wednesday, 07-Jan-15, 0:39 AM | Message # 2
Bee's Knees

Press release: http://www.spoilertv.com/2015....is.html

Hayseed Date: Friday, 23-Jan-15, 4:58 AM | Message # 3
Bee's Knees

I loved this episode so freaking much. The Airstream scene. The foosball scene. Jane's talk with the couple. Jane and Lisbon's conflict at the end.

Season 7 is awesome.

#sorry #excited #blownaway

kim Date: Friday, 23-Jan-15, 5:46 AM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

Hayseed- I loved it too! #noneedtoapologize! I figured that since we have been getting really loving moments at each episodes' ending that they would switch it up at some point. I though the airstream scene was pretty funny. I am pretty sure that Simon was not excited to sing. I don't mind being let hanging a bit at this point in the season, just so long as they don't leave us hanging like this at the end.

KathyF Date: Friday, 23-Jan-15, 1:22 PM | Message # 5
Rip Snorter

I agree! It was an amazing episode, I felt like I was watching a movie, not a tv show. I'm going to miss the show so much! I love the way Patrick and Teresa interact with each other now, seems genuine- not like acting at all.

June Date: Friday, 23-Jan-15, 5:24 PM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

Another great, fantastic episode! This people are doing something wonderful this season. I'm speechless. As a fan I can't ask for more. Just more episodes but unfortunately, that's not possible. I look forward to the rest of the season, even knowing that it means to be closer to the end. The airstream scene is the best, Lisbon singing a Bon Jovi's song as a lullaby for Jane... Is there anything sweeter? I love it.

Tina Date: Saturday, 24-Jan-15, 8:50 AM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

Another fabulous episode! Love it! I was sitting biting my nails almost the whole episode.

The airstream scene is just sooooo good. And the two singing together. Jane in a pyjama! I really would have liked to see him more often without suit. That's what I'm so much looking forward to now that TM ends, to see Simon in other outfits then just a suit. I prefer men in casual clothes. Loved the vest-shirt look, but we hardly get to see this since Season 3.

I can understand that Jane is scared that something might happen to Lisbon and that he wanted her out of the danger. He just started to be happy again, to love, and he couldn't "survive" loosing her.

This season is very very good. It's a totally different show to the "old" TM, but I love it so much. I have mixed feelings. On one side I would have loved to get a 8th season, on the other side I'm so much looking forward to see Simon in another role that I can watch the episodes without being sad now, just enjoy them. But I know, when the final episode comes, I will get very emotional and the tears will come ...

AgentM Date: Saturday, 24-Jan-15, 10:15 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

Okay, so up until this episode, I've been feeling a little bit disillusioned with the show and the weak plot lines...Now, finally an episode I can get behind. smile Can't say I'm a fan of the airstream scene (although PJ did look cute in his PJs!). I knew it would only be a matter of time before they showed the two of them in bed together...I don't need to see that, however, it was done with enough humour to allow me not to be overly-bothered by it.

When I read the synopsis for this episode I was concerned that it was going to be the cliché 'oh no Lisbon is in danger' episode, but it wasn't...well, not really anyway. I fully understand the reason behind Jane's actions - when he pulled her off the detail to go check out the EMT on the 6th floor, I knew that the action would be happening without her. That's Jane all over...he wasn't there to protect his wife so now he is damn-well going to make sure he doesn't make the same mistake twice. I knew it was going to cause friction between them, and a small part of me was liking the idea - no more smooch, lovey-dovey looks and so on. When he said he would do it again to protect her, I got the impression that Lisbon was going to start feeling a little bit smothered by his over-protectiveness and to a degree she did...immediately throwing out a passive threat to their compatibility...

But...Jane's reaction to Lisbon getting a little bit riled and her questioning of how they would work together if he was going to insist on trying to deceive her to keep her safe made me love him even more and made me realise that he is most definitely in it for the long haul. Instead of getting mad back at her and having an argument about it, he simply deflated her annoyance by being diplomatic! Pretty much unheard of where Jane is concerned - he's never been one to even consider making any compromises before - it's always been about doing things his way. I still believe that he will continue to try to do things his way but that he is at least open to the idea that he may have to concede one or two things in order to do that. Obviously a lesson learned from his past experience. It seems he is not going to allow Lisbon to quit on him, or pull out of the relationship as easily as she may have done with past boyfriends and no matter how she may, now and again, allow those little barriers she has in regard to relationships to start to creep up again. His almost submissive demeanour at the very end of the episode was a small indicator that he may be willing to give in occasionally; that he knows a relationship has to be worked at in order to survive the little niggles that can sometimes create problems and barriers.

Despite my aversion to shipperdom, I do appreciate the affection that Jane and Lisbon have always held for each other and I have to say that I felt a certain 'je ne sais quois' feeling when Jane noticed the bullet hole in Lisbon's jacket. The expression on his face (Simon is so good at conveying so much in such little ways) allowed us to be able to read his thoughts for a change...I know there have been several moments of displaying his thoughts over the episodes this season but this one seemed to stick with me. Plus it was also a deja vu moment as it reminded me a little of the time Walter Mashburn noticed a bullet hole in Lisbon's shirt collar so long ago now! Clearly there was more depth of feeling in Jane's realisation, than in Mashburn's, and like I said, I've always enjoyed the caring bond between Jane and Lisbon - I just don't need them to be in a full relationship for that to be present.

Erin Donovan has rekindled my faith (I'm guessing that due to her husband's long-standing connection with the show, she has gained a pretty clear understanding of the way it should be and of the characters...and thank goodness she has too!)

She has used far more subtlety than previous writers this season to convey the feelings and the fear that Patrick is clearly struggling to control - that of losing someone very close...again - and has done it beautifully. Let's hope that it is not lost again in the final few episodes.

BTW I am loving the rapport between Vega and Wylie - reminds me of the playful nature of Jane and Lisbon's relationship - can't help but see the correlation between the Fussball scene - Lisbon being so competitive and whupping Jane's a** at it, and the Battleships scene with Vega taking on and probably whupping Wylie's a**!

For the moment, I am a happy bunny again. tongue biggrin Long may it continue!

Message edited by AgentM - Saturday, 24-Jan-15, 10:20 PM

June Date: Sunday, 25-Jan-15, 7:21 PM | Message # 9
Bee's Knees

By the way, Blake Neely's music is superb as always. I find interesting that the track used in the last scene is from "Blue Bird", when behind the door Jane tells Lisbon that he doesn't want her to leave and Lisbon replies him that he doesn't give a damn about what she wants and is all about him. Different circumstances but Jane returned to old habits and Lisbon's dissapointment was in her eyes. Sad.

Tina Date: Sunday, 25-Jan-15, 8:00 PM | Message # 10
Fair Dinkum

I agree June. Blake Neely did such a great job again. I love his music so much, especially the slower tunes.

June Date: Monday, 26-Jan-15, 12:59 PM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

I've just noticed you changed your avatar! Is it a baby Jane? Really cute. I guess you must have now a big collection of puppets. How many do you have?
I was thinking about buying The Mentalist tea cup as my birthday's gift that is in February. An iconic piece of Patrick Jane.

Tina Date: Monday, 26-Jan-15, 2:29 PM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

June, it's a very small knitted doll of Jane ( really don't know why I always end up knitting little Jane's or Simon's .... wacko ).
I made the whole team like this in the last days. Crazy, now I have problems with my neck and shoulder and have to stop knitting for a few days. I can't stop myself when I'm on a "TM mission of knitting".

I have 10 knitted dolls based on the book by Arne & Carlos, this are the biggest ones and the ones that take a lot of time to make, 6 of these very small ones, and 2 middle sized crocheted ones (Jane and Lisbon).

The tea cup is great, but CBS sells the wrong color. It's more blue than turqoise. I have that one too, but this one in my avatar I bought at ebay. That's the original color Jane has in TM.

bee Date: Monday, 26-Jan-15, 2:45 PM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

I also bought my tea cup from e-bay Tina. My dilemma now is do I actually use it or keep it safe on my dresser? blink By the way Tina I also love your new little Jane...so cute!

Message edited by bee - Monday, 26-Jan-15, 3:01 PM

Tina Date: Monday, 26-Jan-15, 3:08 PM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

Thank you bee smile

I use the cup from CBS, just drinking my camomille tea out of it here at my shop, and the original one is at home in my shelf.
I would love to have another one, but it cost so much income taxes ...and I had to pick up the one from CBS at the customs office.
I already searched in Europe, but I couldn't find Fiesta China anywhere.

bee Date: Monday, 26-Jan-15, 5:27 PM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Tina.....I think I'll keep my cup and saucer on my dresser, just to be on the safe side. tongue

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 08 The Whites of His Eyes (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz