Friday, 29-Mar-24, 2:56 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 10 Nothing Gold Can Stay (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
10 Nothing Gold Can Stay
PJaneloke Date: Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 3:28 PM | Message # 16
Surfie

I agree, a good episode. One of my main problem with PJ and TL relationship is I don't see how PJ can tolerate TL facing danger every day in her work. (I mean, it is true, everyone is facing danger everyday, even when we are just doing mandate things like driving, taking flight, etc and things can just happen. But with PJ history, I'm sure he will be even more paranoid than most) I thought the show is not going to deal with that. Im glad it proved me wrong once again..even though I really doesn't want to see anyone in show has to go...but I understand why it has to be the final push.

redbird Date: Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 3:56 PM | Message # 17
Dinkie-Di

I love this whole Jane/Lisbon/Danger storyline. I do think it's a valid place for the show to go but I'm not sure that I'm happy with the way that it's being handled. For weeks now it's seemed as if Lisbon had "forgotten" the overwhelming tragedy in Jane's life and yet in this episode, she was the one that brought it up. First, I question how she could have forgotten and second, I question why she doesn't seem to understand what her job is putting Jane through. On many websites, the commenters are all siding with Lisbon in this argument but I really think that I side with Jane on this one - with the exception of his really stupid comment in this episode that his death wouldn't cause him pain. It just seems to me that Lisbon want's it all - the guy of her dreams and the job that she's always dreamed of having - and relationships just aren't like that. Jane's fear isn't something that can just be dismissed by saying that she could just as easily get hit by a bus or die in a car accident. Losing the most important person in his life isn't just a concept or a "what if" for him - it's his reality. How can Lisbon be so close to Jane and not see that he's becoming paralyzed by fear? Why would she hold so firm on her position about this issue and let that happen to the only guy she's ever loved in her life? It's not like she has to give up being a cop or being an FBI agent. There are other units at the FBI that don't require putting yourself in danger with every case ...........

sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 4:46 PM | Message # 18
Bee's Knees

I'm not a shipper and this new version of TM is not what I was expecting. Simon said it best when he didn't like the direction the show was taking. His comment about Patrick being a guy tortured with guilt, looking for redemption but unable to find it even when revenge was his. That is the role he signed on for and was so great at showing the angst of his character. He is becoming whimpy and whiney. This is my opinion, that's why I always go back to season one and the comments at that time by Bruno and Simon on how they were fleshing out this troubled man.

bee Date: Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 5:54 PM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

I haven't seen the episode only Jane's last speech (on Twitter) so I may be a little biased here but I agree with Redbird about Jane being paralyzed with fear about Lisbon being hurt or killed and I don't understand why she can't see this, especially when he told her in Blue Bird he was terrified of getting close to anyone! Has she forgotten already? Jane is still emotionally damaged and in my opinion will never fully recover from the deaths of Angela and Charlotte but Lisbon lately seems to gloss over this fact and is only concerned about how she feels. From Nothing But Blue Skies she has had her own way, keeping their relationship secret regardless of how Jane feels and she doesn't appear to have noticed his subtle hints when he tries to talk about their future together away from the FBI but has constantly found fault with any ideas he has put forward. I cannot see that by telling Jane there will always be danger and they could die at any time serves to help him to overcome his fear.

I know Lisbon lost both her parents when young but, if anything, she is the stronger of the two and she should realise that not everyone is the same. We all grieve differently. I feel for Jane and can only hope that they work things out although personally I could never watch him walk away like Lisbon did while he was so upset! She simply said "where will you go" not even thinking about going with him. I've become a little disillusioned with Lisbon and the way she has treated Jane since the Pike incident and am having second thoughts about their relationship, something I would never have envisaged before.

With regard to Jane's comment about "his death wouldn't cause him pain" I think he referred to the fact that he would rather die than see Lisbon in constant danger. Of course once I've watched the ep I may change my mind but I don't think so!!

Message edited by bee - Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 5:57 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 6:32 PM | Message # 20
Bee's Knees

I enjoyed the episode more than I thought I would, and found the sad parts to be bearable. I agree that it would be nice if Lisbon showed more understanding of Jane's trauma, but perhaps she's hoping it will just go away gradually. Perhaps she's reacting to the fact that Jane is very sensitive about it, considering how quickly he yanked away when Pete mentioned the ring in the previous episode. As for the final scene, I think she was in shock, and didn't know what to do next.

marta75 Date: Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 10:33 PM | Message # 21
Rip Snorter

A one more very good episode filmed in an unusual way with many slow motions and a very different tune of music. I love Vega's character wonderfully played by Jossie Loren and I'll miss her. I'm rather surprised by Lisbon's insensitive attitude to Jane's suffering and fear but the logical evolution to the cathartic decision of Jane is well conducted. I think the problem is that Lisbon's character is written in a much less complex way than Jane's. Anyway, something must be done after that terrible event and we can count on Jane not being passive.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 10:51 PM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

What an impressive episode. Packed with action, suspense… and angst.
I shed a tear for Vega, loved the character. I'm sad they had to sacrifice her to serve the storyline just to back Jane into a corner and made him take extreme decisions.
Poor wiley, and we even witnessed Cho crying.

I've already told about the previous ep that I thought Lisbon was off regarding jane's fears, well it's confirmed here. But i agree that she was in shock after the funeral, she didn't see it coming. Yet Jane had sent signs, and she didn't want to see them.
She clearly has a lot to learn about being in a relationship, especially since she decided to be with a broken man like Jane.
It's rare in TM, but the episode ends with a massive cliffhanger. Nah, Jane cannot leave just like that, right?

A powerful and moving episode, one of the best of the season.

DaboGirl Date: Friday, 06-Feb-15, 12:08 PM | Message # 23
Jillaroo

When we first saw Vega I never thought I would grow to like her as much as I did and was so sorry to see her die. I think Lisbon is not facing the truth about her relationship with Jane. And he has been honest with her but she doesn't seem to want to talk about it. Now that it has come to a head both of them must learn to trust each other if they want this relationship to work.

And we have only thee episode to get it all done. oy vey

Tina Date: Saturday, 07-Feb-15, 3:23 PM | Message # 24
Fair Dinkum

Fabulous episode. I really loved Vega and it's sad she had to go. But I always liked the tragic episodes where we see Jane showing some of his emotions and this was just an episode like this.I was always a fan of the RJ episodes.
I can very well understand that Jane couldn't survive loosing somebody again. I don't get it why Lisbon still doesn't know him very well...she should understand how how he feels.
These last few episodes are so extremely good...even better than Season 6...it makes it even harder to say goodbye and to loose this show...
I'm very touched at the moment...it was good to know that this happens to Vega...otherwise it would have totally shocked me.
Need to watch again later...

Juney Date: Saturday, 18-Apr-15, 3:38 PM | Message # 25
Bee's Knees

Have just watched this episode in the UK. I don't know if anyone else feels the same as me but I was really disgusted that Jane didn't wear a tie to the funeral - so disrepectful. I don't know who would have decided on the dress for this scene, director or Simon himself but shame on whoever it was. Everyone else was dressed appropriately except Jane.

I know things have changed these days but surely a black tie at a funeral is usual.

Wand6122360 Date: Saturday, 18-Apr-15, 3:48 PM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

I live in Canada, and I have never heard of a black tie being mandatory at a funeral.

Juney Date: Saturday, 18-Apr-15, 3:56 PM | Message # 27
Bee's Knees

Quote Wand6122360 ()
I live in Canada, and I have never heard of a black tie being mandatory at a funeral

Not mandatory but usual and more respectful than an open necked shirt surely.

bee Date: Saturday, 18-Apr-15, 6:24 PM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

Perhaps I'm being a little over critical but I was a little disappointed to see that whilst walking, following the coffin, Lisbon appeared to have her hands in her pockets as if going for a casual stroll and whilst there are obviously no set rules on how to behave in such a situation it just looked a little "off" to me. Her hands were still in her pockets when she found Jane crouched by the tree.

Message edited by bee - Saturday, 18-Apr-15, 6:39 PM

Juney Date: Sunday, 19-Apr-15, 4:03 PM | Message # 29
Bee's Knees

I noticed that too bee. Both of them were very casual. Such a shame. I'm glad I wasn't the only one to be disappointed with this attitude to a colleague's funeral.

redbird Date: Sunday, 19-Apr-15, 4:25 PM | Message # 30
Dinkie-Di

I find the observations about Jane and Lisbon at the funeral mostly because I didn't notice them. My thoughts during the funeral mostly centered around how difficult it must have been for both of them - particularly for Jane. During the funeral it seemed to me like he was in some kind of trance that had him barely putting one foot in front of the other .............

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 10 Nothing Gold Can Stay (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz