Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 11:26 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 11 Byzantium (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
11 Byzantium
Fran Date: Friday, 31-Oct-14, 3:33 PM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

7.11 Byzantium

JANE NEEDS TO DETERMINE IF HE’S FINALLY MET A REAL PSYCHIC OR A CUNNING KILLER, ON “THE MENTALIST,” WEDNESDAY, FEB. 11
“Byzantium” – A young man claiming to have psychic powers offers his help to the FBI in solving a pair of murders, but when he leads them to additional victims, Jane and the team begin to suspect that he is in fact the killer they’re hunting.

WRITTEN BY: Jordan Harper and Marisa Wegrzyn
DIRECTED BY: Nina Lopez-Corrado

Scroll down for full Press Release

Fran Date: Friday, 31-Oct-14, 3:36 PM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

Title provided by Jordan Harper in response to 'Will you be penning another episode before it's all said and done?'

"What the heck: 7x11 is called "Byzantium" and is written by me and Marisa Wegrzyn."
https://twitter.com/jordan_harper/status/526861941319294978

For info, byzantium is a shade of purple http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantium_%28color%29

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 31-Oct-14, 3:41 PM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Fran, didn't know this colour name.

kim Date: Monday, 26-Jan-15, 9:05 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

Press Release for 7.11

JANE NEEDS TO DETERMINE IF HE’S FINALLY MET A REAL PSYCHIC OR A CUNNING KILLER, ON “THE MENTALIST,” WEDNESDAY, FEB. 11
“Byzantium” – A young man claiming to have psychic powers offers his help to the FBI in solving a pair of murders, but when he leads them to additional victims, Jane and the team begin to suspect that he is in fact the killer they’re hunting, on THE MENTALIST, Wednesday, Feb. 11 (8:00-9:00, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Rockmond Dunbar (Dennis Abbot)
Joe Adler (Jason Wylie)
Josie Loren (Michelle Vega)

GUEST CAST:
Alex Saxon (Gabriel Osbourne)
Anastaia Phillips (Ree Osbourne)
Toni Trucks (Ranger Jill Ayres)
Flavia Watson (Megan)
Nick Fink (Donnie)
Shaan Sharma (Stewart)
Ziah Colon (Jeanette)
Marina Anderson (Agent Melissa Boone)
Blake Sheldon (Marcus Whitmer)
Matt Lasky (Brian Whitmer)
Zoe Cotton (Old Woman)
Melora Walters (Amber)
Rocky McMurray (Highway Patrolman)
Juan Monsalvez (Diego Cardenas)

WRITTEN BY: Jordan Harper and Marisa Wegrzyn

DIRECTED BY: Nina Lopez-Corrado

Fran Date: Thursday, 12-Feb-15, 1:46 PM | Message # 5
Fair Dinkum

Sorry but I have to get this off my chest. I've become extremely irritated by Lisbon angry . She's acting like Jane is behaving unreasonably for worrying about her safety. His concerns seem totally reasonable to me! And why isn't she worrying about his safety, working the way he does at the FBI. She doesn't give him an inch, no compromises, no meeting him halfway, its all about him sorting his head out and dealing with the fact that she's not prepared to change her job to one where she's not constantly in the line of fire. Doesn't sound like the basis for a good long-term relationship to me.

bee Date: Thursday, 12-Feb-15, 2:41 PM | Message # 6
Fair Dinkum

Oh! I do so agree Fran, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. Since Pike it has been all about her and how she feels! As you say no compromises on her part, she is not prepared to give up her job and that's final. She's also been very bossy where Jane is concerned! I've always been a shipper but recently I've gradually been changing my mind and have realised that perhaps Simon may be right about the ending (too late now I know). I didn't want him to die at the end, of course, but I'm beginning to feel that perhaps they are not meant to be together as a couple! Lisbon seems too set in her ways and up until now Jane has been making all the compromises. With Lisbon's past you would think she would have a little more empathy for Jane and his issues. He's told her enough times how he feels and Lisbon should realise that Jane will never completely heal. He's hurting but he's not receiving any comfort from Lisbon at all. We see Lisbon's tears at the end of Nothing Gold Can Stay but what about Jane...how was he feeling? I think they were closer and she understood him better before they became a couple. It seems she needs to have that adrenline rush of going out into the field. I cannot see how with just 2 more episodes everything will be resolved!! There....I also feel better now for getting that off my chest!

All this angst is driving me crazy. crazy

Message edited by bee - Thursday, 12-Feb-15, 3:22 PM

redbird Date: Thursday, 12-Feb-15, 3:11 PM | Message # 7
Dinkie-Di

I am SO glad that you raised this issue, Fran & Bee. I have been so bothered by Lisbon's complete lack of understanding about what Jane's issue really is and by her unwillingness to compromise even just a little. It is to the point that it's making me absolutely crazy. For heaven's sake - successful relationships are all about compromise. And I'll be honest, while I had always thought that Jane and Lisbon were good together in the past, I'm to the point where I can't see why Jane would even want to be in a relationship with Lisbon. I mean, they're still keeping their relationship a secret - at Lisbon's insistence - and I must say that after 3 months of being in a secret relationship with someone, my butt would be out the door and I'd never look back. How exactly are we supposed to get to a happy ending for these 2 in just 2 episodes? Yes, I've seen the spoilers so I know what's going to happen in the finale but I won't be specific because I don't want to ruin it for anyone who doesn't want to know in advance. I am so afraid that the finale of this show that I've loved for so many years is going to ruin the whole thing for me.

Fran Date: Friday, 13-Feb-15, 12:34 PM | Message # 8
Fair Dinkum

Glad I'm not alone in these thoughts Bee and Redbird. I feel as though with Lisbon's strong stand, they've backed themselves into a corner and I can't see how in 2 episodes they're going to fight their way out with a satisfactory, believable and fulfilling resolution.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the Finale, but I often find this with TM, most of the episodes are very good, some really excellent, Patrick Jane is a brilliant creation and of course Simon is wonderful, but the story arcs can be disappointing. I find it strange, because its almost like they're creating them for a different audience to the one that appreciates the well-observed detail and subtlety of the character and the individual episodes.

redbird Date: Friday, 13-Feb-15, 2:47 PM | Message # 9
Dinkie-Di

Fran-I've always thought that The Mentalist has had 3 very distinctive and different groups of devoted viewers. The group that was primarily just interested in Red John, the group that interested in how Jane's mind works and his mind games with Red John and the group that was interested in the personal relationships - primarily Jane & Lisbon. As I've watched the show and re-watched the show, it became fairly obvious to me that they've "played" to each audience at different times. And while doing that, the other groups of viewers have been deeply disappointed. For instance, this season is for the shippers - and so is the finale - even though I don't really think that the shippers have gotten what they so desperately wanted so far.

June Date: Friday, 13-Feb-15, 6:23 PM | Message # 10
Bee's Knees

Perfection doesn't exist. Seven years is a long time, some people stopped watching the series after season 3 because they were disappointed with the fake death of Red John. It wasn't me. Some expected a happy ending for Jane, some not. There are shippers and non-shippers. It's so difficult to make everyone happy or give what everyone wants! Even agreeing with you about some story arcs, such as the Blake association list, I think The Mentalist has been a great series, with more good moments than bad, one of the best and more enjoyable series in the last years.

marta75 Date: Saturday, 14-Feb-15, 1:56 PM | Message # 11
Rip Snorter

I agree completely with you Fran, Bee, Rebird, June about Lisbon's failure of character. That's very insensitive and not very realistic from a woman who knows so well Jane and has shared and suffers so much with him and because of him. I'm not a real shipper but if if it's done well, why not. My first focus is on the psychology of a man so destroyed after his tragedy and how he can survive and interact with his environment.
On the other hand, I think Byzantium is a great episode, uncharacteristically somber, sad and melancholic. The writers are trying to rise the tension before the last two episodes and IMO they do well. Remember : after the dark comes the light.

Tina Date: Saturday, 14-Feb-15, 2:53 PM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

Great episode! Well, I"ve said it before and I'm happy I'm not alone..I'm not a Lisbon fan. I had this little "rant" about her in season 6 as you might remember after this Pike thing started. She still doesn't know much about Jane or maybe she is too selfish and doesn't want to see the real him and how he feels. It's all the same again like in "The Guardian"! I really couldn't stand Lulu! And Lisbon acts that way now too...well, rewatching TM again and again...she doesn't treat Jane really friendly and caring most of the time...from the beginning.
But I still love the show and I try not to focus so much on Lisbon but more on Jane. I will miss this show so much. After 7 years it's still so good and it will always be the best for me. I can't wait to go on watching after the end of this episode! Loved it to see Cho in casual outfit for a change. I'm getting a bit worried...we've seen the promos for the finale..but with TM often things weren't like it seemed...will it really end like we think it will?
The beginning of the episode was so nice seeing Jane relaxed and happy. What is the meaning of the "three"?

Message edited by tinamarianne - Saturday, 14-Feb-15, 2:53 PM

marta75 Date: Saturday, 14-Feb-15, 10:12 PM | Message # 13
Rip Snorter

Three legs (it reminds a song of Paul Maccartney "my dog has three legs" !) and three loves (Angela, Charlotte and Lisbon) ? As Jane says, three is a number with so many senses (trinity in religious sense etc...) so a fake medium can't fail to hit a nerve.

Tina Date: Saturday, 14-Feb-15, 10:26 PM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

Thank you marta. I read that the dog had three legs? I have to watch again tomorrow.

I was just reading comments on instagram that some wanted to punch Jane in that episode about the way he treated Lisbon. Really? What about her??? Do they really think it's him who doesn't act right?

bee Date: Saturday, 14-Feb-15, 10:51 PM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

I've also read some negative comments on Twitter lately about how Jane has been treating Lisbon badly and this has annoyed me. They are saying that Lisbon is selfless and deserves better but I think she is being selfish and stubborn in her attitude towards him. He is really trying to come to terms with his fear by wanting to spend some time alone to work things out and I really can't understand why people are condemning his actions all the time. His fear of losing Lisbon is real and seeing her constantly in danger is not helping him to overcome this fear. Lisbon should understand this but she is beginning to act like his mother in the way she treats him and Jane seems to be constantly saying "sorry" to her like a scolded child!

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 11 Byzantium (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz