Thursday, 18-Apr-24, 4:54 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Final bets! (The big showdown coming up, who do you think it is?)
Final bets!
Who is Red John?
1.Gale Bertram[ 1 ][4.17%]
2.Bret Stiles[ 3 ][12.50%]
3.Ray Haffner[ 3 ][12.50%]
4.Reede Smith[ 0 ][0.00%]
5.Thomas McAllister[ 2 ][8.33%]
6.Brett Partridge[ 8 ][33.33%]
7.Robert Kirkland[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.Neither[ 7 ][29.17%]
Answers total: 24
kul65 Date: Monday, 28-Oct-13, 11:34 PM | Message # 1
Cobber

I know we have a thread like this already, but the poll options are no longer up to date, so I thought a new one would be in order. Discussion can be kept here or in the other thread, each to their own, but the idea is this is where to make final bets on the identity of Red John before the reveal.

Obviously, as some now, the names on the list aren't entirely consistent with the ones we got in 5.22 anymore, but since not all have watched the latest episodes yet, I've chosen not to adjust to the changes. Fans of a particular theory relating to episode 6.04 can vote for the name that would be most accurate by nature of that theory. wink

I'm really interested to see what we end up with as the clock counts down to red. Off it goes. smile

Fran Date: Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 0:46 AM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

Good idea kul65, I'm also interested to see who the popular choice is at this late stage of the game. Should be no surprise to anyone that I'm sticking with my long-held theory that it's Partridge.

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 9:17 AM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

My bet is Bret Stiles

Peithon Date: Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 10:02 AM | Message # 4
Rip Snorter

On twitter Jenny Cooney who interviewed SB wrote Simon was surprised who RJ was but very satisfied. If he was surprised, ut oh, Thing that favors Partridge, hands tied in front instead of back when he fell out of cabinet, and how about Michael Kirkland? Tho being Archangel Michael who casts the bad guys into the fire in Revelation, that would be odd. McAllister still viable. As you can tell fellow fans, I am waffling... biggrin

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 1:11 PM | Message # 5
Bee's Knees

I'm sticking with Partridge too....I'm nothing if not loyal...... cool If not him then Haffner as RJ with Brett Stiles in charge of the 'Organisation' within law enforcement......Not long now!!...This is MUCH better than 'Who shot JR' back in the day.... biggrin

Tina Date: Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 1:25 PM | Message # 6
Fair Dinkum

I agree with you Mossibecca. I won't give up the Partridge theory until I see him dead or until I know who RJ is.
Haffner is my No. 2 now that Kirkland is out of the game.
I still can't see Bertram as RJ ...but who knows ...Stile is the one with a lot of influence and scourses, if I hadn't seen the finale of S 2 I'd say it might be him. But he just doesn't fit. And the voice ....for me it sounds a lot like Partridge, but absolutely not like Stiles, Smith or Bertram.

PJaneloke Date: Wednesday, 30-Oct-13, 7:09 PM | Message # 7
Surfie

Still Patridge for me.

Evy Date: Wednesday, 30-Oct-13, 9:08 PM | Message # 8
Fair Dinkum

I can't believe that RJ is one of the 7 suspects. But I know I'm wrong because Bruno Heller said he is !!!.
I don't know what to think.
None suits me ! cry

Sun Date: Thursday, 31-Oct-13, 0:47 AM | Message # 9
Cobber

The same with me, Evy! None of them is RJ for me. Maybe Partridge, but he is out. (Is he???)
I'm very curious to find out what Bruno Heller has planed to convince me at the end to accept his choice. dry

ester10 Date: Thursday, 31-Oct-13, 12:13 PM | Message # 10
Blow-In

Maybe, all of them?

June Date: Thursday, 31-Oct-13, 1:31 PM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

Partridge is still my first option but I'm not sure at all. I've decided to stop thinking about it and enjoy the game. The only thing that would bother me is that Red John wasn't an only person. I'd feel cheated.

flynns1 Date: Thursday, 31-Oct-13, 2:58 PM | Message # 12
Blow-In

Im sticking with Partridge said it from day one.Theres somthing not quite right with his death.Plus the murders after have been sloppy not RJs style after his death .

shoelady Date: Thursday, 31-Oct-13, 4:46 PM | Message # 13
Jillaroo

They are all members of that RJ cult hiding in Visualize. Timothy Carter was one also and Patrick has already dealt with him so now the need is to expose the bunch of William Blake coconuts.

bee Date: Saturday, 02-Nov-13, 12:43 PM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

Out of the 5 remaining suspects I'll stick my neck out and say Bret Stiles although he is probably way too old. I think he is the only one who has any sort of charisma and the where withall necessary in order for all of RJ's disciples to willingly give their lives for his cause. Also, bear with me here, in "Red John's Footsteps" in the barn just after Sheriff Hardy was shot we saw a shadow pass by and a blue cup and saucer (as at Rosalind Harker's house), there were also blue cups and saucers at Timothy Carter's house and we also saw a blue cup and saucer sitting on the desk of Bret Stiles when Jane interviewed him in "The Blood on His Hands ". I know this is slim (to put it mildly), but Stiles also knew where Kristina Frye could be found and seems to know a great deal about RJ in general. I'm probably putting way too much thought into the "tea" theme here but honestly I'm only guessing because I haven't a clue!! With all that brain power I think I'll go and have a lie down with a

AgentM Date: Saturday, 02-Nov-13, 12:56 PM | Message # 15
Bee's Knees

I've said it before and I'll say it again, and I'll keep on saying it until I'm red in the face! PARTRIDGE is RJ.

Fake deaths have been used in TM a few times so why not one more? Also in North by Northwest (the Hitchcock movie that Jane and Stiles were watching in the cinema in 'Red Sails in the Sunset') The penchant for including homages to Hitchcock in the show would suggest it might be a subtle clue.

I still believe that Stiles is Jane's biological father and Partridge's biological father thus making them half-brothers. The shared mannerisms that RJ has with Jane could come from genetics in some way (we've all heard of twins separated at birth, living completely separate and yet identical lives). Both having a liking for drinking tea from a cup and saucer maybe something they witnessed when growing up. It's possible that they were around each other as small children at some point. But isn't anything possible?!

Once more, just to be clear (lol) Partridge is our man, I'm sure of it!

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Final bets! (The big showdown coming up, who do you think it is?)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz