Friday, 19-Apr-24, 5:13 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Guardian » Discussion (Chat about The Guardian series)
Discussion
Tina Date: Tuesday, 18-Nov-14, 3:52 PM | Message # 166
Fair Dinkum

Enjoy watching this great show DaboGirl! I really love TG. Nick is so different to Jane. Simon is a fantastic actor who can play all characters extremely convincing.
When TM is over I hope I find the time to watch all episodes of TG again. I've seen them a few times, but now I always watch TM ...love both shows so much!

kim Date: Thursday, 20-Nov-14, 3:00 PM | Message # 167
Bee's Knees

I was feeling a bit nostalgic last night and re-watched ep 1.20 "Shelter". Simon is so good in this. I remember feeling hopeful that something really good would come next for Nick and the writers could let him emerge from the darkness a little.

Tina Date: Thursday, 20-Nov-14, 4:26 PM | Message # 168
Fair Dinkum

The episode before that one ..when Nick is standing on Lulu's party and is totally in shock after the shooting ...that was the moment for me I think that made me the real big Simon fan ...I felt so sorry for Nick and Simon did such a great performance in that episode. I couldn't stop thinking about it, and then it all started ... I checked out youtube for interviews, ordered the movies and also the TM DVDs ...I totally fell in love with Nick, Simon and Patrick ...

DaboGirl Date: Friday, 21-Nov-14, 4:32 AM | Message # 169
Jillaroo

No spoilers please I'm up to S01E14 and really really enjoying the show however some episodes seem to leave you wanting more like S02E14 Family. Do we ever find out what happenes to the family?

Tina Date: Monday, 25-May-15, 1:21 PM | Message # 170
Fair Dinkum

The first season of The Guardian will be available on DVD in Germany on July 9, 2015 biggrin
I have the US DVDs but might get the German version too...

Message edited by tinamarianne - Monday, 25-May-15, 1:30 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 25-May-15, 2:07 PM | Message # 171
Fair Dinkum

I don't know for you tina, but I've watched some episodes of "the Guardian" dubbed in french (it's the same french voice for Simon than for the Mentalist, and I can't stand it.
Had to watch all seasons in the original version, sadly without french subtitles (couldn't find any of them through peer to peer or torrent). I miss the subtitles sometimes, especially when they talk about law or technical business terms.

Tina Date: Monday, 25-May-15, 2:30 PM | Message # 172
Fair Dinkum

I prefer English but it's good to have the European version that runs in all players. I do have a codefree one but if it gets broke...and subtitles (or switching to German) will help because I don't understand anything all the time.

Hayseed Date: Monday, 25-May-15, 2:53 PM | Message # 173
Bee's Knees

I was feeling a bit nostalgic last night and re-watched ep 1.20 "Shelter". Simon is so good in this. I remember feeling hopeful that something really good would come next for Nick and the writers could let him emerge from the darkness a little.

That was my gripe about the whole series. Nick never, ever got a break. I can see why playing the character was exhausting for Baker.

kim Date: Tuesday, 26-May-15, 1:43 PM | Message # 174
Bee's Knees

Hayseed- I agree. I think that in some of Simon's interviews he alluded to that aspect of the show and how it left him feeling down much of the time. I think that we are really lucky that he reconsidered doing tv and took on TM at all.

DaboGirl Date: Monday, 22-Jun-15, 10:07 PM | Message # 175
Jillaroo

Are there any extras on the Guardian DVD Box set? Thanks

Tina Date: Tuesday, 23-Jun-15, 7:35 AM | Message # 176
Fair Dinkum

On the US version of Season 1, only the promo for the show, DaboGirl.
Unfortunately no extras, Season 1 doesn't even has subtitles.

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 23-Jun-15, 9:40 AM | Message # 177
Fair Dinkum

Have you ever read some of the nic73 stories on fanfiction.net? She writes about TM but also made a lot of fics about Nick Fallin and The Guardian.
She gave Nick a better life in some (with a girl friend to start a new life after the Lulu disaster), and is even writing a "Season Four" (here) at the moment…

redbird Date: Tuesday, 23-Jun-15, 2:43 PM | Message # 178
Dinkie-Di

I have read many of The Guardian fanfiction stories and I really enjoyed them. Originally I thought that Nick would be a hard character to capture in a story but after I really thought about it, he's the perfect character for fanfiction as a story allows readers to know what the character is feeling. Since Nick kept most of his feelings bottled up inside of him, fanfiction actually captures him quite well.

DaboGirl Date: Friday, 26-Jun-15, 5:55 PM | Message # 179
Jillaroo

On the US version of Season 1, only the promo for the show, DaboGirl.
Unfortunately no extras, Season 1 doesn't even has subtitles.

Thanks tinamarianner. Went a head and ordered from Amazon who is currently selling all three seasons for $50.00. Watched S01 and a good part of S02 so now I can finish up the series. I did watch it first run but for some reason don't remember seeing S03

Tina Date: Saturday, 27-Jun-15, 7:33 AM | Message # 180
Fair Dinkum

It's definately worth it to buy the DVDs DaboGirl. I love the show. Just watching it again. I love the scenes with Simon and Dabney Coleman!
Yes, there are not many funny scenes, but it's good to watch anyway. I love Nick.

Forum » Television Series » The Guardian » Discussion (Chat about The Guardian series)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz