The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Breath
tanjaontour Date: Friday, 25-Mar-16, 8:12 PM | Message # 211
Jillaroo

emmyderidder, You just put the name of user in your message. Then the user knows you talk to her. I hope I could help.

emmyderidder Date: Saturday, 26-Mar-16, 10:10 AM | Message # 212
Dinkie-Di

tanjaontour, Thank you so much !

Tina Date: Saturday, 26-Mar-16, 10:44 AM | Message # 213
Fair Dinkum

Thank you for all the articles Ivana. I too hope there will be a "Jimmy Gadd" or "Karl Sonnenberg" among the people involved and give us some info on twitter and instagram.

Only Date: Saturday, 26-Mar-16, 11:22 AM | Message # 214
Blow-In

In one of the last articles there was a phrase: "I thought that he had made some decisions on [omitting] some key moments and characters that I thought needed to be in there".
What do you think: is it about Eva?
They don't speak about this character at all. :-(
It would be very sad.... wacko

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 29-Mar-16, 4:45 AM | Message # 215
Fair Dinkum

Film producer Johnson a breath of fresh air

To lovers of Australian literature and film the idea of a Hollywood producer adapting Tim Winton’s beloved surf classic Breath is as irksome as Americans making a movie about Phar Lap.

But it was not Winton who insisted Breath be made in WA but legendary US filmmaker Mark Johnson, whose remarkable CV includes The Natural, Rain Man, Donnie Brasco, Quiz Show and the TV series Breaking Bad.

“When Tim sold me the rights to Breath he said that of all of his books this is the one that doesn’t need to be set in Australia,” Johnson said in Perth last week. “He said we could make it in California.

“I was offended. This was the great protector of all things Western Australian — the land, the water — happy to move his beautiful coming-of-age story to California. I said, ‘Absolutely not’.”

It was also Johnson who lured Mentalist star Simon Baker, whose series The Guardians he had produced.

Baker is playing the charismatic surf svengali Sando and is also directing.

“The initial idea was for Simon and I to produce Breath, not for him to direct,” Johnson said.

“We spent a couple of years developing it then both came to the same conclusion that Simon would be the perfect director. He’s learnt from the best in the business.”

So far Baker is the only actor named for Breath, which will be shot in Denmark and surrounding areas over the next couple of months. Two boys who fall under the spell of Sando will be played by first-timers.

Johnson says making a film in Australia with the support of various government agencies and a generous tax system is a wonderful break from the commercial pressures of Hollywood, where the first priority is to make money.

“Nobody says you have to go out and make a hit movie. It has to make money,” he said.

“The directive, the mandate here is to make a good movie.

“That’s remarkable.”

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest....esh-air

thanks to https://twitter.com/Homeat90049

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 29-Mar-16, 5:48 PM | Message # 216
Fair Dinkum

Quote Ivana ()
“Nobody says you have to go out and make a hit movie. It has to make money,” he said.

“The directive, the mandate here is to make a good movie.

“That’s remarkable.”

I appreciate those last sentences!

coral Date: Tuesday, 29-Mar-16, 6:42 PM | Message # 217
Cobber

Quote Only ()
What do you think: is it about Eva?
They don't speak about this character at all

I don't know, but I do feel that too much emphasis on the deviant sex scenes could spoil the film for me. Having said that, I've always thought Naomi Watts would make a great Eva.

bee Date: Tuesday, 29-Mar-16, 6:50 PM | Message # 218
Fair Dinkum

Great minds Coral....I too thought Naomi Watts would be great for the character of Eva! Hopefully we'll learn the cast list soon!

emmyderidder Date: Tuesday, 29-Mar-16, 6:55 PM | Message # 219
Dinkie-Di

Ivana, Hello Ivana....I wonder if Simon or mr. Johnson did see the movie Chasing Mavericks.....It's so funny,the man who teaches the boy how to surf is looking a bit like Simon......Cheers Emmy. sorry if I make any mistakes in writing,you know ,I am from Holland and I learned it at school.

emmyderidder Date: Tuesday, 29-Mar-16, 7:16 PM | Message # 220
Dinkie-Di

DS_Pallas, Hello....I wonder if Simon,mr,Johnson and you did see the movie Chasing Mavericks.I saw this today and it's a true story.....It's so funny,the man who teaches the boy how to surf is looking a bit like ..Simon how he is now at this moment.....CHEERS Emmy.Sorry if I make any mistakes in writing,I am from Holland and learned English at school.Still don't know how to upload my picture,tried several times.....HELP !!!!!! biggrin

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 29-Mar-16, 8:25 PM | Message # 221
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the tip emmyderidder, I haven't heard of that movie but will look it up :)

Yes DSP, it's so good to hear that Simon has such support and sympathy from people, film industry and even state. He is making good vibe about this project and it makes it so much exciting. respect

As for the rest of a cast, we should be hearing very soon, as they said, some big names and I can't wait to hear who they are.

Tina Date: Tuesday, 29-Mar-16, 8:44 PM | Message # 222
Fair Dinkum

I'm so happy the film will be shot in Australia! I'm very curious about the other actors. it's great that in Australia it's not all about the money and that quality is more important. After all this waiting, the start of shootings will soon be here biggrin !

tanjaontour Date: Tuesday, 29-Mar-16, 9:53 PM | Message # 223
Jillaroo

I watched Chasing Mavericks! That is a great movie and I can imagine maybe Breath will be a little like that. Watch it guys! It's worth!

Only Date: Wednesday, 30-Mar-16, 4:31 AM | Message # 224
Blow-In

Quote coral ()
I've always thought Naomi Watts would make a great Eva.

Wow! It would be wonderful! thumb
I quite agree with you about sex scenes, but there is flashback in the novel where the beginning of Sando and Eva relations is described. To my mind it must be very entertaining and moving.
And they speak a lot about surfing, but keep silence about freestyle.... sad

emmyderidder Date: Wednesday, 30-Mar-16, 12:14 PM | Message # 225
Dinkie-Di

My brother was a filmmaker and went to theaters with actors nobody knew about and made a movie and he got a price in The Netherlands. And was invited with his film in Chicago long time ago.Still sad he died too young.The film is called The Faillure in Dutch: De Mislukking. My brothers name is Hans de Ridder. So you can find actors everywhere.Love Emmy

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz