The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Breath
bee Date: Monday, 14-Aug-17, 3:11 PM | Message # 436
Fair Dinkum

This is so sad and disappointing not only for us but mostly for Simon and all concerned! I agree Tina I hope a solution can be found!

tigglewink01 Date: Monday, 14-Aug-17, 7:57 PM | Message # 437
Rip Snorter

cry sad angry

Oh thanks for the info it is so sad why do people have to spoil things it sounds like the company complaining don't want to pay any more so they are making accusations. Well that's how it comes across to me. thanks Tina for the info.

Deedee Date: Monday, 14-Aug-17, 10:25 PM | Message # 438
Bee's Knees

That's a bit of a blow especially for Simon. It's disappointing to hear this but as was said the allegations are "completely without merit" so let's hope it's sorted quickly.

tigglewink01 Date: Monday, 14-Aug-17, 10:29 PM | Message # 439
Rip Snorter

I hope so too sorry I sounded so short but Simon is great and I'm on his side, I was so looking forward to see it. I'm with you and hoping it will get sorted.

bee Date: Tuesday, 15-Aug-17, 5:06 PM | Message # 440
Fair Dinkum

Apparently Breath is to be screened at the Toronto Film Festival to be held 7-17 September 2017!

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 15-Aug-17, 5:54 PM | Message # 441
Fair Dinkum

It made the TV news today August 15th - The Morning show

Simon Baker's film 'Breath' lands in hot water

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-mor....1

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 15-Aug-17, 5:56 PM | Message # 442
Fair Dinkum

Quote bee ()
Apparently Breath is to be screened at the Toronto Film Festival to be held 7-17 September 2017!

Find the info on twitter, thanks bee.

http://www.tiff.net/tiff/film.html?v=breath

Drumstick Date: Tuesday, 15-Aug-17, 6:02 PM | Message # 443
Blow-In

The movie is listed on the festival page, http://www.tiff.net/tiff/breath/?v=breath

Tina Date: Tuesday, 15-Aug-17, 6:19 PM | Message # 444
Fair Dinkum

Just found the info, too. Yeah! Let's hope it's really true! Maybe Simon is saying something about it at the Longines event.

tigglewink01 Date: Tuesday, 15-Aug-17, 6:42 PM | Message # 445
Rip Snorter

I hope there is good news thanks for giving me the info.

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 15-Aug-17, 9:17 PM | Message # 446
Fair Dinkum

Australian talent headed to Toronto including Simon Baker’s Breath
Screen Australia, 16 08 2017

https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/sa....toronto

It was announced overnight that Simon Baker’s feature film directorial debut Breath will have its world premiere at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) competing in Contemporary World Cinema. Breath joins two previously announced Australia films in this year’s line-up – the North American premiere of Warwick Thornton’s Sweet Country, which will close the Platform competition, and the world premiere of Violeta Ayala’s Cocaine Prison competing in TIFF Docs.

“There is no doubt that TIFF sets Australian films on the path to international success, as we saw with Lion and The Dressmaker. It is an incredible achievement for Simon Baker’s directorial debut Breath to be selected. The screen adaptation of this much-loved Australian classic not only showcases our industry’s creativity but also our country itself,” said Graeme Mason, Screen Australia’s CEO. “I’m thrilled to see Warwick Thornton’s Sweet Country garner further and well-deserved festival recognition, and special congratulations to the Cocaine Prison team for bringing a story of such global significance to the screen through an Australian gaze.”

Based on Tim Winton’s award-winning novel of the same name, Breath follows two teenage boys hungry for discovery, in mid-70s coastal Australia, who form an unlikely friendship with an enigmatic man and his wife, who push them to take risks that will have a lasting and profound impact on their lives. Director Simon Baker also stars in the film, alongside an impressive cast including Elizabeth Debicki, Richard Roxburgh and Rachael Blake, and introducing Samson Coulter and Ben Spence.

Breath has been adapted for the screen by Gerard Lee (Top of the Lake), Tim Winton and Baker, who also co-produced with Oscar® and Emmy® Award–winning producer Mark Johnson (Breaking Bad) for Gran Via Productions and Jamie Hilton (The Little Death) for See Pictures. International sales are being handled by Embankment Films. The film received major production investment support from Screen Australia, Screenwest and Great Southern Development Commission, in association with Autumn Productions and Deluxe Australia. Distributed locally by Roadshow Films, Breath will be released theatrically across Australia on May 3 2018.

“From an early age I was both seduced and terrified by the ocean. The Australian coastline raised me; it's enmeshed in my identity. Tim Winton’s book Breath authentically captured the rawness of growing up on that coastline,” said Simon Baker.

“I'm eternally grateful to everyone who committed to this incredible journey. Their support and encouragement is all there, where it should be, on the screen. I'm immensely proud that Breath will represent Australian cinema at the Toronto International Film Festival, and for the opportunity to share with the world the power, beauty and wisdom of the Australian landscape.”

tigglewink01 Date: Wednesday, 16-Aug-17, 8:26 AM | Message # 447
Rip Snorter

Wow I cannot wait. Thanks for sending me this your an angel. Thanks again smile

Deedee Date: Wednesday, 16-Aug-17, 8:52 AM | Message # 448
Bee's Knees

Now ThAT is such great news!!

tigglewink01 Date: Wednesday, 16-Aug-17, 9:14 AM | Message # 449
Rip Snorter

I agree with you.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 17-Aug-17, 6:18 PM | Message # 450
Fair Dinkum

Thinking about the legal dispute between the Arclight company and Breath Productions, the article just says that Arclight "threatens" to sue the Breath producers (Mark Johnson, Jamie Hamilton and Simon Baker).
Could be only a matter of Arclight taking advantage of a grea area about their supposed deal to blackmail the producers and looking to cash in on this. (but I'm a bit biased tongue )
This said, I know American business lawyers are fierce sharks. dollar

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz