The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Breath
Tina Date: Wednesday, 24-Aug-16, 8:10 PM | Message # 391
Fair Dinkum

Thank you kim. Hopefully it will be published next year. I guess we will see Simon in Cannes again since he said it will debut there. He must be very excited and now the next book is waiting to come to the screen.

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 24-Aug-16, 8:27 PM | Message # 392
Fair Dinkum

Cool Kim, thanks for the update! biggrin

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 31-Dec-16, 11:01 PM | Message # 393
Fair Dinkum

On its Twitter account, Screen Australia put a new video online. At the end at 1:53 starts the part "Bring on 2017!". We got ONE second of Breath with Simon and the two boys.

Look back on an incredible year of Australian stories and creativity

https://twitter.com/ScreenAustralia/status/812076018408140800

Picture Source

A gif with the very short Breath extract here

Tina Date: Sunday, 01-Jan-17, 0:10 AM | Message # 394
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Marie. Really a "long" clip tongue . But very exciting. Can't wait to see this movie !!!
Happy New Year.

Wand6122360 Date: Sunday, 01-Jan-17, 5:36 AM | Message # 395
Bee's Knees

Thank you DSP. That's a very short teaser. But it looks great!

Deedee Date: Sunday, 01-Jan-17, 11:33 AM | Message # 396
Bee's Knees

Thanks DSP. That's great just seeing that. Can't wait for the film!

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 01-Jan-17, 12:07 PM | Message # 397
Fair Dinkum

Quote Tina ()
Thank you Marie. Really a "long" clip tongue . But very exciting. Can't wait to see this movie !!!

Yes, long indeed! biggrin We re so deprived of any info about the film that we are happy with a one second clipping!! wacko

Lariki71 Date: Sunday, 01-Jan-17, 12:24 PM | Message # 398
Jillaroo

Thank you! Looking forward to see "Breath" this year!

bee Date: Sunday, 01-Jan-17, 7:23 PM | Message # 399
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the clip. Hopefully not long now before we hear more news!!

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 02-Jan-17, 11:25 AM | Message # 400
Fair Dinkum

Surfing on the silver screen - Article about the young Samson Coulter and Breath in last issue of "Covered" magazine

Read on line (page 14): http://www.allbasescovered.com.au/issues1/

Transcript:

Surfing Onto The Silver Screen

A Northern Beaches junior surf champion is appearing in a lead role in a soon-to-be-released major movie, directed by Mentalist actor Simon Baker.
COVERED. caught up with to 17-year-old Samson Coulter on his winning year and plans for the future.

Surfing for as long as he can remember, it is not perhaps surprising that Samson is winning titles at a both a local and national level.
Samson is currently the winner of the Skullcandy Pro Junior Under 18s and the NSW Under 18s State Titles. And it is partly this talent that landed him a main role in the movie Breath, produced by actor Simon Baker and based on the novel by Tim Winton.

Friends of his parents heard the film was looking for a young surfer and suggested Samson, who attends St Augustine’s College, in Brookvale, try out. “I’d done drama at school but never thought I’d do anything like this,” he adds.

Beating literally thousands of hopefuls to get the part, Samson then had to spend more than three months living in the small coastal town of Denmark, in Western Australia, where filming took place.

FIRST TIME FILMING

His parents took turns to live with him and Samson had a term off school which he is now making up with tutors.
“I knew I would be surfing some big waves but when I got there everyone was super cool and I had a really good time.
“It was just a small town and everyone was super chilled and there were some amazing waves. I was surprised at how hard the acting was but it was really enjoyable and I met some really cool people.”

One of which was actor Simon Baker, who Samson describes as ‘pretty cool’ and ‘amazing at what he does so I was lucky to work with him’.
“He surfs a lot and I think back in the day he would have ripped a hole in it. I was pretty impressed,” he admits. The movie is due out later this year.

STILL SECOND TO SURFING

Samson maintains he loves surfing too much to swap that for acting but would definitely consider doing it again. But in the mean time he is concentrating on his school work with HSC exams looking next year. And surfing.
His family all surf and dad Steve competed in Iron Man events in his younger days. But Samson says that it was when he joined the Queenscliff Boardriders Club that he got the competing bug.
“That’s when I fell in love with competitive surfing. I think the first competition I did was when I was nine and it was the Occy’s Grom Comp and I just got right into it from there.
“I’m a really competitive person and I really like the travelling you get to do as well with the competitions,” adds Samson. He’s been all over Australia surfing and overseas to Hawaii.

His sponsors include Future Fins, FarKing Surf and Liive Vision Eyewear and he says C-Skins Wetsuits Australia have always kept him kitted out.
At home, Samson surfs at Queenscliff and cites Snapper Rocks, in Queensland and Sawtell, in NSW, as other favourite spots.
So for now it’s head down and studying, then as much surfing as possible and who knows what next…

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 06-Jan-17, 9:07 PM | Message # 401
Fair Dinkum

12 Exciting Australian Films To Look Forward To In 2017
by Glenn Dunks 6 January 2017

Link: http://junkee.com/12-exciting-australian-films-look-forward-2017/93139
[…]
Breath, dir. Simon Baker

Simon Baker became a star as one of those affected crime solvers that boomed in the 2000s in The Mentalist, but now returns to Australia — sadly not to his Logie-winning home on E Street — to direct and star in this adaptation of Tim Winton’s best-selling novel. While oft-mythologised beach culture of the ‘70s has been well-covered — including The Turning, another Winton adaptation — the chance to see Baker’s debut as director as well as having The Kettering Incident’s Elizabeth Debicki on board with a major role make this a really interesting proposition.

Breath does not yet have an Australian release date.

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 03-Apr-17, 8:10 PM | Message # 402
Fair Dinkum

A bit of news from "Breath":

Harry Gregson-Williams Scoring Simon Baker’s ‘Breath’
Posted: April 3, 2017 by filmmusicreporter in Film Scoring Assignments

Harry Gregson-Williams is scoring the upcoming Australian drama Breath. The film marks the feature directorial debut of actor Simon Baker (The Mentalist) and stars Elizabeth Debicki, Richard Roxburgh and Rachael Blake.
The movie is based on Tim Winton’s best-selling novel of the same title and follows two teenage boys, hungry for discovery, who form an unlikely friendship with a mysterious older adventurer, who pushes them to take risks that will have a lasting and profound impact on their lives.
Baker also co-wrote the screenplay with Winton and Gerard Lee (Top of the Lake) and is producing the project with Mark Johnson (Breaking Bad, The Notebook, Rain Man) and Jamie Hilton (The Little Death).
Gregson-Williams has previously scored the Johnson-produced first two installments in The Chronicles of Narnia series. Breath is expected to premiere later this year.

Gregson-Williams’ recent projects also include Niki Caro’s The Zookeeper’s Wife, which opened last weekend and is now playing in theaters nationwide.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017....-breath

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 03-Apr-17, 10:52 PM | Message # 403
Bee's Knees

Great news. Thanks, DSP.

Tina Date: Tuesday, 04-Apr-17, 8:05 AM | Message # 404
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Marie. Hopefully Breath will come to the theaters this year!

emmyderidder Date: Tuesday, 04-Apr-17, 8:14 AM | Message # 405
Dinkie-Di

Thanks,DSP.Waiting for the movie.I saw some of the making of.....in Denmark Live Saving Webcam Ocean Beach in april 2016,
Nice to see

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz