Saturday, 18-May-24, 11:30 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
amanda Date: Tuesday, 17-Mar-15, 4:18 PM | Message # 691
Cobber

I don't know if it is the right thread to post this article (in french)

La série "Mentalist» a-t-elle été victime de la «malédiction Clair de Lune» ?

Is "The Mentalist" victim of "Moonlighting curse" ?

http://www.slate.fr/story....r=RSS-2

sleepylover215 Date: Wednesday, 18-Mar-15, 2:59 AM | Message # 692
Ankle Biter

Great article! This is more of the way I see the Jane/Lisbon relationship. I especially like the writer's take on the "real" couple of the show being Jane and Red John and that there was really not much sexual tension between Jane and Lisbon for many reasons. This is a refreshing and honest view of the show! Thanks for sharing!!

Fran Date: Tuesday, 24-Mar-15, 11:14 AM | Message # 693
Fair Dinkum

Short French article about Casual Chic launch: http://www.lesoir.be/830364....al-chic

google translation:
What was the launch of Gentleman Only Casual Chic
I meet only the irresistible Simon Baker, hero of the series "The Mentalist" still lends his smile to the new perfume Givenchy Gentlemen Only Casual Chic. But I'm not the only one ...

In confidential place reserved for the famous fashion house to present its new men's fragrance, as well as its new cosmetic line, Givenchy brought together a hundred journalists from around the world. The room is electric and the largely female assembly. Thierry Mom, Chief Givenchy perfumes, plays twice the new commercial starring Simon Baker that carries beautiful strangers on his bike with orange wheels. We hear "whaou" and "oh" fuser from all sides. But when the actor finally takes the stage, the panic wins. Suddenly gathered in one place, the guests strafed it. Flashlights crackle as on the Croisette.

Simon Baker plays the game, disarming, lends himself well to selfies. And we entrust after the final episodes of "The Mentalist" in 2015, he will produce his first film, in which he will also play. Then he disappears as quickly as he arrived, but the charm continues to operate. Upstairs, behind the stands designed as caskets, Philippe Labro, director Givenchy for Benelux, presents his new perfume. I distinguish cardamom and ginger, elegant, woody scent. A little further, too pressed journalist relies on instant natural tan powder spray directly on her face and her white blouse! Makeup artist struggling to suppress his laughter. Better to use it before dressing, he whispers before helping. It's time to go home. The taxi waiting. I would rather walk away with Simon Baker, sitting sidesaddle on his beautiful orange bike!

syriana13 Date: Wednesday, 01-Apr-15, 2:23 AM | Message # 694
Dinkie-Di

new German interview at Casual Chic launch
http://www.monat.at/People/2015-04-01-simon-baker-28332

Tina Date: Wednesday, 01-Apr-15, 9:22 AM | Message # 695
Fair Dinkum

He said in the interview that shootings for Breath start at the end of the year and that he will also act in it biggrin
The rest is what we have read before.

I'd translate it but I'm only online with phone and I have no dictionary. If nobody else is doing it I will translate the whole interview when I'm back home the week after Easter.

Message edited by tinamarianne - Wednesday, 01-Apr-15, 9:51 AM

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 01-Apr-15, 9:01 PM | Message # 696
Fair Dinkum

Vanity Fair italy (issue nr 13) - sadly, the text interview is not complete. Don't know if we can find an online version of the article…

kim Date: Wednesday, 01-Apr-15, 11:30 PM | Message # 697
Bee's Knees

Hopefully someone will be able to get the whole text of the Italian interview. Along with the German one above, any translation help would be great! Although it's unlikely to yield anything new, still it is fun to read anything Simon. biggrin

Tina Date: Thursday, 02-Apr-15, 5:41 PM | Message # 698
Fair Dinkum

Okay, I start translating the German article, it's a bit difficult with no computer only with the phone but I'll try:

On a drink with SB. Actor, family man and fragrance ambassador - SB identifies completely with his roles.
We have met the charming man from Down Under to a "tete-a-tete" in Paris.
From hobby surfer to world star. If SB hasn't started out in the movie business he sure would still be surfing the waves on the Australian coast.
The break through came for the father of three as the slightly excentric PJ in the US crime show The Mentalist. The finale is finished, to the regret of the fans. If he has break free from his "alter ego", how it is to be the face of a commercial campaign for a men's fragrance and what represents a modern gentleman, the Australian ladies man told us in an exclusive interview in Paris.

MK: How do you handle the end of TM? Is it as emotional as the end of a love affair?

S: No, it's not that dramatic. The series ran for 7 years, 151 episodes, that is pretty long! It was time to say goodbye to my character PJ. Of course it would be possible to go on forever, but I want to enhance and explore new things.

MK: Talking about new things: You are also the ambassador for Givenchy and represent a modern gentleman for the new mens fragrance. How does one recognize a gentleman these days?

S: The basic rule: He never claims to be a gentleman (laughs). It might be an old-fashioned title, but being polite, with charme and good manners is timeless. That's what I try to pass on to my two sons. A gentleman is somebody who is always punctual, who looks a woman in the eyes while talking...

MK: And to offer a lady a seat on your bicycle how you demonstrate in your new commercial spot?

S: Right! ( laughs )The shooting in Paris was extremely enjoyable. The city has no bad corner, it's extremely photogenic.

MG: With what flavors do you connect your childhood memories?

S: Whiskey and cigarettes. My grandfather smelled like this. And sun cream. The flavor reminds me on beaches in the home country and my surfing adventures.

MK: You are married for more than 17 years with the actress Rebecca Rigg and that without any scandals. Very uncommon in Hollywood. What's your marriage secret?

S: That's true indeed and I'm very happy about it! There is no real recipe. Trust is the most important, and every relationship means hard work. There are always things that are annoying on your partner, that's how it is in a movie.
But with time one accepts these little flaws more and more until one doesn't even see them anymore.

MG: Your next project is in full progress...?

S: Right after I finished shooting TM I started a new project that's very important to me. At the end of the year we start shootings in Australia for my own movie in that I will also act. And yes, there are surfers! (laughs)
A pretty risky thing, but I like challenges.

Message edited by tinamarianne - Thursday, 02-Apr-15, 6:57 PM

Deedee Date: Thursday, 02-Apr-15, 6:37 PM | Message # 699
Bee's Knees

Thanks for the translation Tina. Much appreciated

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 02-Apr-15, 6:41 PM | Message # 700
Bee's Knees

Thanks for your hard work, Tina.

bee Date: Thursday, 02-Apr-15, 7:05 PM | Message # 701
Fair Dinkum

Many thanks for the translation Tina. flower

kim Date: Thursday, 02-Apr-15, 8:22 PM | Message # 702
Bee's Knees

Thanks much Tina! He is always so gracious.

ruuger Date: Thursday, 02-Apr-15, 8:23 PM | Message # 703
Cobber

Robins-green-shades on Tumblr has translated the Italian article:

http://robins-green-shades.tumblr.com/post....iew-for

Ivana Date: Thursday, 02-Apr-15, 9:24 PM | Message # 704
Fair Dinkum

Thank you all for translations and updates, I was without PC these days and it's nice that I can catch up with lot's of new stuff

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 03-Apr-15, 10:21 AM | Message # 705
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Tina for your translation, and to Ruuger to find the Italian one.

Love the way Simon tries to avoid answering the journalist's question about his dark side (conscioulsy or not)!. And love the journalist doing her job and asking: "Are you trying to mislead me so you don’t have to answer to my question?" biggrin

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz