Friday, 19-Apr-24, 10:05 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 3: from 1 May 2017)
Simon News, Articles, Info
Deedee Date: Saturday, 02-Jun-18, 1:32 PM | Message # 241
Bee's Knees

Great interview. Thanks for posting DSP.

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 06-Jun-18, 10:08 AM | Message # 242
Fair Dinkum

Simon is in LA, supporting the release of Breath. There was a screening yesterday night at the Creative Artists Agency (his agent).

Breath is opening today in LA and June 8th in other US cities.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 07-Jun-18, 11:14 AM | Message # 243
Fair Dinkum

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 07-Jun-18, 3:58 PM | Message # 244
Fair Dinkum

Radio interview :

Griffin Dunne Talks with Simon Baker (Breath) for the Talkhouse Podcast

Australian actor turned writer-director Baker gets grilled by another thesp now behind the camera
as his new movie Breath hits theaters.

By Griffin Dunne | June 7, 2018

https://www.talkhouse.com/griffin....twitter

bee Date: Friday, 08-Jun-18, 6:50 PM | Message # 245
Fair Dinkum

Interesting interview, thanks for posting.

Deedee Date: Friday, 08-Jun-18, 7:33 PM | Message # 246
Bee's Knees

I thought that was a great interview. Thanks DSP.

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 12-Jun-18, 10:47 AM | Message # 247
Fair Dinkum

From the Facebook page of a great photographer:

Henry Diltz Photography

Here is a really nice guy named Simon Baker . In 1998 he was filming a movie called "Sunset Strip," in which he played a music photographer.
I was hired to show him the moves. Later he was in a t.v. series called "The Mentalist" which I really enjoyed. He has a new movie coming out,
"Breath," in which he plays a surfer. They didn't ask for my expertise on that... good thing.

Source

Meanwhile, on If.com.au: Box Office report

[ … ] Simon Baker’s Breath collected $210,000 in its sixth weekend, advancing to $4.16 million, a very good result for Roadshow.

https://www.if.com.au/bo-repo....twitter

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 16-Jun-18, 12:59 PM | Message # 248
Fair Dinkum

KCRW radio interview in "The Business" broadcast.

As a director, Simon Baker rides the waves and takes a ‘Breath’

After seven seasons starring in the CBS series ‘The Mentalist,’ Simon Baker made his feature directing debut
with the coming-of-age film, ‘Breath.’ Shot in part in the wild waters off the West Coast of Australia, ‘Breath’
stars two teenagers who had never acted, but were excellent surfers. Baker tells us how compared to surfing,
acting is the easy part.

Simon's interview starts at 00:08

http://www.kcrw.com/news-cu....-breath

••••\\\••••

KPCC Radio interview on "The Frame" - Movies, music, TV, arts and entertainment, straight from Southern California, Hosted by John Horn

Simon Baker works both sides of the camera for "Breath"

The actor directed a few episodes of "The Mentalist," the TV series on which he starred. Now he's making his feature film
directing debut with "Breath," which he co-wrote and also stars in.
Guest: Simon Baker

Interview starts at 08:20

https://resound-media.scpr.org/c363_TH....website

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 22-Jun-18, 10:37 AM | Message # 249
Fair Dinkum

New video interview here:

http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/forum/13-5-26037-16-1529660308

•••\\•••

From The Mentalist to the coach? Simon Baker joins Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler at a training session
for the NSW Blues... ahead of the second State of Origin clash

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb....es.html

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 22-Jun-18, 8:36 PM | Message # 250
Fair Dinkum

From People Magazine interview:

The Mentalist's Simon Baker Opens Up about His Happy
20-Year Marriage - and Why They Won't Celebrate Anniversary

https://people.com/movies/simon-baker-happy-20-year-marriage/

Simon Baker is a pretty fortunate guy.

In addition to a successful and lengthy Hollywood career, including his well-received directorial debut Breath, Baker is coming up
on his 20th wedding anniversary with wife Rebecca Rigg — though he’s not yet planning to celebrate it.

“We’ve never really been big on it,” Baker, 48, tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue. “Anniversaries, they’re an odd thing, aren’t they?
I have some friends that are very strict about anniversaries of everything. There was one year, I think, that we went out to dinner
and I bought a gift, and we had an argument. Because I think we put too much pressure on it. It’s not like that with us. We’re a team.
Most of the time, 99% of the time, we’re really great friends. So I don’t need to mark it with great things.”

Simon Baker and Rebecca Rigg during Rebecca's birthday party on December 31, 2017

Baker and Rigg, 51, met almost three decades ago when they were semi-set up by friends around 1990-1991 and then went on
to star together on the short-lived Aussie soap E Street. They have three children: Stella, 24, Claude, 19, and Harry, 16.
The former Mentalist star says he and Rigg like to keep things spontaneous.

“When we put too much pressure on something, everything gets a little clipped and we don’t feel like we’re ourselves,” he explains.
“And I think the most important thing in our relationship is that we’re both able to be ourselves. I think it’s probably the most
important thing in most relationships, isn’t it?”

Baker credits his wife’s honest opinions and no-nonsense advice for helping convince him to take on adapting Breath for the
big screen.

She said, ” ‘Look, honey, there’s so many crap films made these days, so what if yours is just another one? Just go and make it,’ ”
he recalls with a laugh. “She’s pretty great at taking the piss out of me and supporting me at the same time. Which is a real skill.
One of her other great ones is, ‘You’ll be fine, honey, just don’t be yourself.'”

With their kids growing up — Stella is a Yale School of Drama graduate — Baker felt he could dedicate the time to make Breath,
filmed on Australia’s west coast. “I feel really proud that we actually were able to pull it off,” he says of the movie, which has
already earned him an Australian Directors Guild award.

Next on his to-do list? Some R&R with his family — “We live by the beach and get into the water most days” — and some free
time to put into his new hobby: growing veggies.

“I like gardening,” he says. “It’s nurturing. As my kids get older, I have to find things to put love into, and gardening is good for that.
And my dog. And my wife. And maybe another film.”

bee Date: Saturday, 23-Jun-18, 10:58 AM | Message # 251
Fair Dinkum

Nice article. They have such a great relationship and are such a lovely down to earth couple.

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 26-Jun-18, 4:13 PM | Message # 252
Fair Dinkum

This week Telestar (French TV mag) article about Simon after The Mentalist.

Simon Baker: "The Mentalist left a scar that is still opened"

Nothing new in this French article, he says he is not missing the endless and exhausting hours of shooting of The Mentalist, but when he looks at pictures, he's missing the crew badly. Every time he comes to Los Angeles, he visits Robin because they are still very close friends. And he's also regularly in touch with Bruno Heller, and they are working on several projects together. (??)
He also says that now (sort of) entering his mid-life crisis, he's gonna work on new cinematographic projects, but his family remains a priority, and as his wife didn't hesitate stopping her career to raise their kids, now in turn he's going to be attentive to her desires and needs.

I'm curious about the Bruno Heller part. As I'm rather suspicious about the value of Telestar articles in general (you know TV press, it's a lot of gossip), I wonder if Simon really says that. BUt if it's true, well it's really exciting!!

Deedee Date: Tuesday, 26-Jun-18, 4:46 PM | Message # 253
Bee's Knees

Well that’s a fascinating bit of news re Simon and Bruno Heller! Only time will tell to see if it’s true. Certainly food for thought. Thanks for posting DSP.

Wand6122360 Date: Wednesday, 27-Jun-18, 0:05 AM | Message # 254
Bee's Knees

Definitely interesting news re Heller. Thanks, DSP.

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 27-Jun-18, 9:58 AM | Message # 255
Fair Dinkum

Simon related news:

‘Tell Me Your Secrets’: Stella Baker Cast As Series Regular In TNT Thriller Drama

https://deadline.com/2018....2417763

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 3: from 1 May 2017)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz