Saturday, 18-May-24, 6:04 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1
Evy Date: Saturday, 16-Jun-12, 7:49 AM | Message # 166
Fair Dinkum

Hi Juney !!
To answer to your message of June 10th
What I meant was that he did not at all the same voice when he speaks French and normally! That's it! it was weird because the sound was very different. I guess it must be the same for everyone when we speak a foreign language! Anyway it was lovely

What I wanted to say it is that he had not at all the same voice in French and when he speaks normally! It made strange because the sound was very different. I suppose that it must be the similar for everybody when we speak a foreign language! In any case it was charming !!!
Excuse me if my english is not perfect !
Very friendly Juney bye

Fran Date: Saturday, 16-Jun-12, 11:10 AM | Message # 167
Fair Dinkum

15th June approx 11pm-12pm

@neirds
"Sitting in the hotel bar with @melaniemorris and Simon Baker #chantilly #mentalist"

Location is La Chapelle-en-Serval, Oise, which is about 6 miles from Chantilly.
The hotel is 'Tiara Château Hotel Mont Royal Chantilly' (beautiful!): http://www.tiara-hotels.com/hotel.asp?id_hotel=9

Photos tweeted by @neirds from the hotel:

Fran Date: Saturday, 16-Jun-12, 1:16 PM | Message # 168
Fair Dinkum

16th June
@ElleryMaddocks

"There will be photos, for gala tonight and the race tomorrow. Follow us from 8 for tweet pics and more professional photos from tomorrow!"

Juney Date: Saturday, 16-Jun-12, 1:47 PM | Message # 169
Bee's Knees

Sweetevy, is The Mentalist dubbed into French or do you have sub-titles? I'm sure he sounds great in whatever language.

bee Date: Saturday, 16-Jun-12, 2:18 PM | Message # 170
Fair Dinkum

No wonder Simon loves France so much the scenery is absolutely spectacular!

Evy Date: Saturday, 16-Jun-12, 5:02 PM | Message # 171
Fair Dinkum

Juney

Simon is dubbed into French by a French actor who has not experienced a very pleasant voice that is somewhat similar to that of Simon (musical and sweet)
For my part I watch the episodes in vo and sub-titled to lose nothing of Simon, I prefer it's more natural.
But in May after the (too brief) meeting with Simon, were released the first 2 episodes of season 4, and I confess that it was much funnier in French. I even laughed, what had not arrived at me in English version. When we do not practice the English language very well, I think we lose the subtleties. mobile

Regarding the coming of Le grand Prix de Diane à Chantilly with Simon, I never watch horse racing, it is very famous in France. For once I will not only look but I think I'll bet, maybe Simon will bring me luck up

Fran Date: Saturday, 16-Jun-12, 11:44 PM | Message # 172
Fair Dinkum

On Longines FB page (thanks to lenacr - http://www.facebook.com/Longines ), it says that Simon will "probably arrive at 13:00 at the race track in Chantilly"

@ElleryMaddocks

"#SimonBaker will present the Mademoiselle Diane for best dressed lady @Longines #PrixdeDiane tomorrow"

Reply to 'Will Simon also be one of the judges?' - "We will let you know tomorrow morning… We are pretty sure Simon will be though! Confirmation tomorrow..."

"Tomorrow morning @ElleryMaddocks, @MlleAnastasiaN & @audreyleighton are exclusively interviewing #SimonBaker! Follow here live..."

68Dove Date: Sunday, 17-Jun-12, 8:41 AM | Message # 173
Blow-In

The hotel looks absolutely decadent. I'm suddenly feeling like I want to hop a plane to France! cool

Fran Date: Sunday, 17-Jun-12, 10:32 AM | Message # 174
Fair Dinkum

17th June

@MlleAnastasiaN

"Frassy interviews Simon Baker" http://instagr.am/p/L95qLEyD8t/

"Simon loves his Longines" http://instagr.am/p/L96FDIyD82/

"Simon loves Longines because the watches aren't just fashionable they are works of art"

"One of Simon's favourite books is Lord of Flies. PS @audreyleighton "his hair is perfect""

"Simon loves France for it's authenticity, amazing cuisine, history and physical beauty. We agree with our new BFF"

Fran Date: Sunday, 17-Jun-12, 11:10 AM | Message # 175
Fair Dinkum

17th June

@neirds

"Just in an interview with Simon Baker #thementalist #charming #swoon"

lqnt Date: Sunday, 17-Jun-12, 11:52 AM | Message # 176
Ankle Biter

I guess this journalist is referring to the girl in the black dress (Frassy)

17th June 1:34 am

Jonathan Thompson @JT_MensHealth

"At French chateau. Simon Baker from The Mentalist just tricked US blogger in a ball gown into flashing her buttocks to all & sundry #cheeky"

@LibertyLndnGirl

"How did I miss this?!"

@JT_MensHealth

"you went to bed too early. Was hilarious!"

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 17-Jun-12, 2:53 PM | Message # 177
Fair Dinkum

I know a man who's having fun! happy

2:27 PM - 17 Jun 12 via Twitter

Hannah Fitoussi ‏@HannahFts
Rencontre Simon Baker http://yfrog.com/g0664vvj

Fran Date: Sunday, 17-Jun-12, 4:11 PM | Message # 178
Fair Dinkum

@AlysenCNN

"Interviewing Simon Baker (aka The Mentalist) for #CNNWinningPost at Chantilly Racecourse"

Fran Date: Monday, 18-Jun-12, 3:17 AM | Message # 179
Fair Dinkum

I'm told this is an interview with Simon but I can't view it, I think it can only be viewed in France. Perhaps one of our French members can tell us if Simon said anything interesting:

http://www.pluzz.fr/en-course-sur-france-3-2012-06-17-15h00.html

Fran Date: Monday, 18-Jun-12, 11:18 AM | Message # 180
Fair Dinkum

French Article: http://www.leparisien.fr/sports....528.php

Rough translation (GoogleTranslate):
While Eric Woerth, deputy mayor of Chantilly, arrived at 13:15, anonymously, on the racetrack through the village Longines, Simon Baker made a sensational debut thirty minutes earlier by the front door of the Hippodrome. Driving a Jaguar convertible, the hero of the series "The Mentalist" was greeted by a host of photographers and an impressive security service.

Having played along for the official photos, he then joined the private area for lunch with the leading figures in France Galop and Longines. While a large crowd was waiting for the fillies in the Prix de Diane Round presentation, Simon Baker was all smiles. After greeting Nelson Monfort, the journalist of France Televisions, he did not hesitate to reach out to the public, taking pleasure in dialogue with the punters and shaking many hands. "I love racing and I am delighted to be present, especially as the sun is here," said the Australian actor, while exhibiting a lottery ticket in his right hand. On this ticket (loser), you could read a trio formula unit: 3-7-9, for a bet of € 75. Before giving the trophies to the winners of the Prix de Diane, Simon Baker acknowledged that he had come Three days on the Hippodrome in locating the Condes(???). Then the new ambassador of Longines announced he was working on a draft feature film to be shot in France which should be on screens next year.

I believe this movie project in France was confirmed in the video interview above, but I'm not sure if 2013 is when its being filmed or when its due to be released (which would probably mean filming this year!)

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz