Saturday, 18-May-24, 12:34 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1
bunnyt Date: Saturday, 23-Jun-12, 1:24 PM | Message # 211
Jillaroo

...also in Italy it's the same thing...even if "The Mentalist" has a good success on TV!...Juney is right:Simon is a too clever person...

Fran Date: Saturday, 23-Jun-12, 5:27 PM | Message # 212
Fair Dinkum

Paris Match article (June 2012): http://www.parismatch.com/People-....-405673

I recognise quite a lot of this information from previous interviews and from Paleyfest, and some of it has been interpreted slightly differently from the original. So probably best not to accept everything as completely accurate. But here is a rough translation:

Simon Baker: Gentleman and Detective
While in Paris, the hero of "The Mentalist" has been turning heads ... Women.

A host of admirers, smartphones in hand. Nothing to do with the fans of the prepubescent teen Justin Bieber. Here, women are smart and mature. Simon Baker walks on the cobblestones in the courtyard of the Chateau de Chantilly, where there’s an organized dinner, and his attendance at the Prix de Diane horserace for Longines. Resembling Prince Charming, with the allure of a gentleman, Simon has everything to please us. Even women who "do not like blondes" are in love.

At 42, the Australian actor, born in Tasmania, is the latest darling of our TV screens. For nearly four years, he’s played Patrick Jane, a handsome fake psychic who has converted to be an investigator for the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI), in the series "The Mentalist". A sexy and trendy version of Columbo. Sometimes arrogant, cynical, sometimes a player, quizzical, always likeable, the charmer unmasks murderers and thieves. His secret weapon: an almost animal instinct which enables him to anticipate human behavior and stop the bad guys in fifty-two minutes. Just one slips through his hands: Red John, the murderer of his wife and daughter. Will he succeed in finding him?

In the U.S., over 18 million viewers follow his adventures. In France, they are 9 million looking forward to the launch of the fourth season, in September, on TF1. Stardom for Simon Baker came late, at age 38. Accustomed to supporting roles in "The Devil Wears Prada" alongside debutante Anne Hathaway and the amazing Meryl Streep. He would like people forget his appearance as a gogo-dancer in a music video in Australia in the early 90s. Yet it is his physical grace as a surfing champion that got young Simon spotted. He appeared in the series "Hearbreak High" and some other domestic soaps before going in 1995 to the United States. He’s appeared in several movies, then in 2008 he became "The Mentalist".

Since then, the actor smiles: "Now I can choose or reject films. Good things come to those who wait!” A perfectionist, pragmatic and impatient, he continues: " I would like to progress from here. I’d like to get into film-making, it would be a logical step in my career. One must improve, progress. And what a joy to put your ideas on a white sheet, share them with a team and create a movie!" His blue eyes light up, piercing, unsettling. His eyes are laughing, his dimples, childish. His hair wavy like the waves he loves to surf, is another of his assets. He himself confesses: "I'm lucky. I spend very little time in front of my mirror. I don’t like to spend time on my hair, and, thank God, my locks are always well positioned." Simon has manageable hair. And a natural elegance.

Simon Baker is an exception in Hollywood. Married for twenty-one years with Rebecca Rigg, an Australian actress, they have three children together: Stella, 18, Claude, 13, and Harry, 10 years. Simon again: "Without the love of my family, I would not be here today. Rebecca supports me in everything I do, constantly stimulates me, provides stability and gives me valuable advice. She is amazing, she is my rock! "Their love is genuine, sincere, almost unnerving. Simon adds: "What makes me most happy is to watch my children laugh. When they play without fighting, that is a real drug. I do not like being away from them. "

His frantic pace leaves little time to enjoy it. At social gatherings he prefers family meals, the Australian beer Victoria Bitter and salty ham and butter sandwiches, his little weaknesses. "It's become obsessive, he admits. When I set foot on French soil, I'll eat one. "A good excuse to visit France frequently, alone or with relatives. "I love your attitude, your authenticity, your outspokenness. Above all, I admire Jean-Paul Belmondo. I have seen and reviewed several times "Pierrot le fou". "

Another surprising confidence, Simon acknowledges having consulted clairvoyants. I think clairvoyants have a talent. I’ve been to them sometimes to cheer me up. Early in my career, I went there more often. "So what should a medium could predict for him now? " I want to stay as I am. With my family happy and healthy. If I can continue to be excited by my work, it will be perfect! "Happiness is very easy for him:" Enjoying a good wine, watching the sun go down, be with my family, plunging into the ocean and drying in the sun. "In short, a simple life.

Evy Date: Saturday, 23-Jun-12, 6:32 PM | Message # 213
Fair Dinkum

Or simon always repeats the same answers (and it is normal because indefatigably the journalists always ask him the same questions !! They have no imagination. Poor Simon .... cry ) or the journalist of Paris Match "plagiarized" the other articles, because the declarations of Simon those are already appeared, exactly word for word, in other magazines. I have already read them somewhere else.

lqnt Date: Saturday, 23-Jun-12, 6:46 PM | Message # 214
Ankle Biter

Fran, I've corrected a few things in the article, so you can post it in the Articles section if you want. Some words were a bit difficult for me to translate with the exact meaning, but I tried my best.

And regarding the (lack) of attention from the tabloids, I'm sure he and his family prefer it this way, rather than being filmed or photographed in their private time.

Fran Date: Saturday, 23-Jun-12, 7:14 PM | Message # 215
Fair Dinkum

lqnt - Thanks very much up

Not sure about this - article seems to be saying that Simon was at Ascot today.

Excerpt:
Black Caviar wins heart-stopper
BLACK Caviar has sealed her reputation as the greatest sprinter in racehorse history with a dramatic win at Royal Ascot.
About 500 Australians and New Zealanders left central London yesterday aboard eight double-decker buses bound for Royal Ascot. "Last year we had about 120 people in this group," Fanatics tour leader Phil Van Bentum said. "This year we've got close to 500. It's all about Black Caviar and the strong Aussie dollar helps."

Australian celebrities such as Simon Baker and former politician Andrew Peacock had been seen among the crowd during the carnival.

Australia's leading thoroughbred auctioneer Inglis was also there to help fellow Aussies toast the hoped success of their most memorable sale. Five members of the Black Caviar syndicate were expected on track, including part-owner Jill Taylor, who had the surprise invitation to meet Prince Charles and wife Camilla only days earlier.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad....6512530
Article only opens from Google Search.

I've checked the Longines site (they were official timekeepers), and no mention of Simon, so I think the above information is incorrect.

lqnt Date: Saturday, 23-Jun-12, 7:23 PM | Message # 216
Ankle Biter

Fran, I don't think they are saying that Simon was in Ascot, I think they are only mentioning him as being in the Prix de Diane as they say "across the channel, ... ". They are only including a commentary about the races in Chantilly in this article about Ascot.

You're welcome wink

Message edited by lqnt - Saturday, 23-Jun-12, 7:24 PM

Fran Date: Saturday, 23-Jun-12, 7:42 PM | Message # 217
Fair Dinkum

lqnt - that's a different article, because this one is definitely about Black Caviar winning at Ascot (if you put "http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/millions-watch-dash-to-history/story-fn6bfkm6-1226406512530" into Google Search, the correct article comes up).
But anyway, I think the information about Simon is incorrect, so I've edited the post. smile

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 24-Jun-12, 11:14 AM | Message # 218
Fair Dinkum

Quote (SWEETEVY)
Or simon always repeats the same answers (and it is normal because indefatigably the journalists always ask him the same questions !! They have no imagination. Poor Simon .... ) or the journalist of Paris Match "plagiarized" the other articles, because the declarations of Simon those are already appeared, exactly word for word, in other magazines. I have already read them somewhere else.

I think you're right, the last part of this interview is indeed made up with another one. I too have already read the same answers elsewhere.

Fran Date: Monday, 25-Jun-12, 11:17 AM | Message # 219
Fair Dinkum

25th June
@SundayLover72 (Australia)

"So my friend tells me this morning that Simon Baker from The Mentalist was sitting right behind me at lunch yesterday."

Fran Date: Tuesday, 26-Jun-12, 12:04 PM | Message # 220
Fair Dinkum

Blog from LibertyLondonGirl about her attendance at Longines Chantilly event.

Just one mention of Simon:

"With only an hour or so until dinner, I sprinted to the pool, pausing only to gaze, glance at the Longines ambassador Simon Baker playing squash against himself on the Château’s court."

http://www.libertylondongirl.com/2012....-page-1

JeanT Date: Tuesday, 26-Jun-12, 2:02 PM | Message # 221
Jillaroo

On Five* Home and Away yesterday at 6.30 pm in the advert break they say that they want views to vote for their fav actor from past shows. I guess it's while the show goes on it's break. They showed Simon and Danni Minogue and asked views to vote, regret didn't see where to vote but it should be on again today at 13.15 & 18.00 on Channel 5.

Hope this is good news so we maybe see Simon in his swimming-trunks.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 26-Jun-12, 2:17 PM | Message # 222
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the heads-up JeanT.

You can vote once per day for Simon's episode here: http://www.channel5.com/shows/home-and-away/from-day-one-on-5/1994

More info about this event is here: http://www.channel5.com/shows....to-vote
Excerpt:
We've shortlisted three of our top Home and Away episodes for every year from 1989 to 2012 inclusive. Now we're asking you to help us decide which episodes play out on air, by voting for your favourites from our shortlists. You can vote once per day in each of the year's categories.

After voting closes (the deadline is 23.59 on Sunday 8 July), the two most popular episodes from each year will play out as daily double bills on 5*, in date order (1989 episodes will be screened on Tuesday 31 July, and so on); the episode that ranks in third place will be available to watch exclusively on Demand 5.

So, what are you waiting for? Check out the full list of episodes here, vote for your favourites, then tune in to 5* every weeknight at 6pm between Monday 30 July and Friday 31 August to see if yours made the cut.

pip Date: Tuesday, 26-Jun-12, 11:03 PM | Message # 223
Cobber

I hope Simon's episode wins cos I;ve seen a brief view of it loads of times and often wondered if I'd ever get a chance to see more of his earlier work. Have seen bits and peices when time allowed me to sit on my laptop and work my way through youtube episodes of things like E street (even watched most of Book of Love this way)! Not seen anything on the bigger TV screen though. smile

lenacr Date: Wednesday, 27-Jun-12, 8:29 AM | Message # 224
Dinkie-Di

What do they mean one vote per day? I voted yesterday evening (lthough I do not live in the UK). I tried again this morning and was not allowed to vote with response that I am only allowed one vote per day.
Like Pip, I just watched the Book of Love and Secret Men's Businness bit by bit on Youtube.
I hope we can have this early work in a more suitable format.
Thanks to all helping.

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 27-Jun-12, 10:29 AM | Message # 225
Bee's Knees

I've just had the same problem lenacr, I don't think it is because you don't live in the Uk, as I do.......maybe they mean in 24 hours....will try again this evening!!.....I am determined to do my bit biggrin

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz