Friday, 17-May-24, 3:22 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1
Fran Date: Thursday, 04-Apr-13, 7:22 PM | Message # 766
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the translation DS_Pallas - MUCH better smile

Fran Date: Thursday, 04-Apr-13, 7:36 PM | Message # 767
Fair Dinkum

Vigna Dominique‏ @VignaDominique
Avec notre nouvel ami Simon Baker Petites confidences entre Beauty addicts https://twitter.com/VignaDominique/status/319834433995808768/photo/1

Béatrice Grignola ‏@Beagrignola
Simon Baker en exclu pour gala https://twitter.com/Beagrignola/status/319823954372096001/photo/1

Fran Date: Friday, 05-Apr-13, 0:46 AM | Message # 768
Fair Dinkum

The Paris-Match article (mainly old photos!) (Thanks to DS_Pallas)

English transcript (thanks again to DS_Pallas): http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/load....1-0-200

Juney Date: Friday, 05-Apr-13, 5:12 PM | Message # 769
Bee's Knees

Thanks for that you two. What a lovely warm man and the complete professional.

marta75 Date: Friday, 05-Apr-13, 8:48 PM | Message # 770
Rip Snorter

It's a very good and direct interview and Simon's answers are very honest. He seems a bit fragile but he's a real man !

Fran Date: Friday, 05-Apr-13, 11:23 PM | Message # 771
Fair Dinkum

This French article is dated October 2012, but I can't remember if it's already posted here or not!

Simon Baker, le perfectionniste: http://madame.lefigaro.fr/celebri....-299424

Mrpf Date: Friday, 05-Apr-13, 11:40 PM | Message # 772
Ankle Biter

Thanks Fran for the scan. I read the interview of Paris Match in French. It's a wonderful interview. Simon is very honest. He talks about his insecurity, how others perceive him, his wife ...And the reporter makes a beautiful description of Simon. Unfortunately my level of Englis is very bad for translate it.

Fran Date: Sunday, 07-Apr-13, 2:35 PM | Message # 773
Fair Dinkum

I've replaced the Paris-Match scans above with much better versions very kindly provided by DS_Pallas flower

Fran Date: Monday, 08-Apr-13, 9:50 AM | Message # 774
Fair Dinkum

Google translation of interview from French magazine FEMME ACTUELLE (posted by Evy on the HomePage)

Part 1

Simon Baker: "Living in France?, Fans ask for my personal number!"
By Frank Rousseau, April 7, 2013

Simon Baker, the charismatic hero of "The Mentalist" turned between two seasons of the series, "Marriage in English" - a comedy well done smoothly we suggest that our friendly Australian is still riding the wave of success.

Simon Baker, his marriage to the French
He has blond hair and wavy sand dunes reminiscent of Tasmania where he was born. He is blind as a bat but paradoxically embodies a detective able to detect the most microscopic clues. Ironically, his name translates as "baker" in French, and yet in the series which is know around the world, that he does not chase butchers, bloodthirsty. No need to go further in the sketch. You guessed it, it's Simon Baker.

In "Marriage in English" by Dan Mazer, you play a kind of playboy Guy will make every effort to seduce a married woman ... played by Rose Byrne ("My Best friends", "Damages"). Question. To crack a lady she is most effective approaches for you?

Do not calculate. Do not premeditate. Remain natural. Do not try to play a character. Be seduced is not bad either. It is left to the initiative of women. It changes. It is refreshing. I think seduction also requires the ability to listen to the woman who is in front of you. Get too far ahead it is a serious handicap in my humble opinion. Now if oysters and cheese soufflés on the table, you will maximize your chances! Finally, if you do not ask the lady to pay the bill, this is a definite plus! (Laughs)

It is often said that you are one of the hottest actors in the world. How do you perceive this simplistic image?

You just said yourself, this is a simplistic image. Look, I have more than forty years, I have three children and especially I'm married. This means that I am not on the market! The word "sexy" means nothing to me. It's just a label that sticks to the skin of the actors and actresses to sell paper. If you knew how much I pass over the head! When I shave in the morning and I see my face in the mirror, I say instead: "Have you seen your rings! What do you look tired buddy! "And not" What lady-killer! "(Laughs)

You met Rebecca, your wife in 1992 and then you got married in 1998. Since it is always the happiness rate your relationship. Is there a secret behind this union that lasts? A recipe?

No! Desire above all else. An obvious complicity between us then. Finally three children who permanently cemented our relationship ...

"This Year's Love" is a romantic comedy "very" offset. It is also an opportunity for you Simon to the garage temporarily DS Patrick Jane aka "The Mentalist" and out of your nose surveys. For more than five years that you play the same character. In the long run no risk of it not rub off on you?

I would love to answer in the affirmative! It would be great to say that enough for an actor to embody just once, hold a chess champion for example, then inherit its qualities and put a beating Kasparov. Unfortunately, it does not work like that. Patrick Jane has no influence on me. Certainly it has given me a financial base and opened doors but I've never asked him to do some research on my inner truth! Know what's in me! I'm not good at this kind of introspection! And then I'll make a confession: the only thing I'm trying to concentrate are replicas that I have to learn in "The Mentalist" and that, you see, it is already a lot of work.

Simon Baker, his character
What are the predominant traits of Simon Baker?

I am a law. I like honesty. I do not like people who abuse or take advantage of the weaker. I do not beat around the bush. I am a front. When I compete with someone, I can be ruthless. Quite simply because I do not like losing. Ask my wife, she could speak for hours and hours! Some say that my blood boils for a yes or a no. I would say that I temperament.

Is it true that when you make episodes of "The Mentalist", you can easily turn into Mister Jekyl?

No! Still not. That said, I love all control when I start something. I have a vision and I know exactly what I want and what I expect of others. To me, the most important thing is the story. She always comes first. My job as director is to encourage everyone to be creative. I always listen when someone comes knocking on my door to infuse new ideas. You know, the competition is fierce in the world of TV and film. If you do not train, you stay on the platform! I would say that I am finally demanding with myself than with others.

Fran Date: Monday, 08-Apr-13, 9:50 AM | Message # 775
Fair Dinkum

Google translation of interview from French magazine FEMME ACTUELLE (posted by Evy on the HomePage)

Part 2

Turn Paris is it a perspective that you like?

Obviously! But must still find a plausible reason to justify the coming of Patrick Jane in France. A pattern that is not far-fetched. It would be my dream to play opposite Jean Paul Belmondo. My idol forever!

Did you ever consider coming you settle for good in the land of Voltaire?

France is bursting with amazing surf spots, that would be great! I also like that in French it is the distance that they take over the job. In France, we work to live, not live to work! I also love French culture and gastronomy. With very simple products, you can do things that make me mouth water just talking about it. As a ham sandwich with butter for example fresh baguette. It does nothing better on Earth! Same with soufflés. When we were in Paris with my wife in April, a French chef taught him how to prepare them. On the other hand I think that if you propose tomorrow my wife to move to France, on a sudden she would be delighted, and reflecting with much hesitation she ...

Ah yes, why the hesitation?

Because the French fans sometimes ask me my personal phone number!

And that is ... ???

OK! You what note? This is the 555 ... uh ... thin, I forgot!

Simon Baker, French soon?
At the French where you stand?

I know how to say "shit" and basic words. I therefore not likely to go far!

In fact, how it acclimates, it's an Aussie transplanted into the home of Barack Obama?

Never losing contact with my friends and family. By choosing real priorities. The first is to escape the Hollywood circus when I have the chance! For four years now, I have a property in Australia. I visit family at least twice a year! I have three children and I want to make sure they do not lose their Australian culture. However, I do not force them. Just what it takes to keep that good mental health!

What do you miss most now that you live in Los Angeles?

Something stupid, the tea worthy of the name. Americans drink their tea in mugs (note: large cups) whereas in Australia, the tea ceremony as religiously prepared in England, is still very present in our culture! Personally, I like this approach civilized! Drinking tea in a mug cup, this is heresy! It's like trying to eat a tart with mittens!

When traveling abroad, it is with his wife and children in your package?

Yes! When I can and when it is compatible with their school holidays. This is important for my balance and important for my family it finds that I am present. I am not a current of air. I grew up in a small town. A cramped. Very early I thought that if I had children, I would give them the opportunity to travel, to open up to others to see landscapes, people other than those they can see by looking out the window their room. My luxury, this is it! I can be with them in New York, go to Paris for the weekend via Rome or London. My kids are amazing experiences that I had never known when I was a kid! My generation was quite a homebody at the bottom. There was a strong probability that you study, work, fondiez a family in the city where you have grown! Today my children can if they want to study in Los Angeles, in England or elsewhere in the world. The possibilities are endless for them ..

In what environment did you grow up when you were a child?

I did not grow up with money, but with the great outdoors. Those offered by the north coast of New South Wales (Australia). When I was a kid, I had an idea in mind, surfing the waves. The problem is that I could not swim! For my parents, it was out of the question that I buy a board. It had before it that I pick up at least a bronze medal in swimming. So I took the course. Meanwhile, I practiced a lot cricket on Saturday. To pay my surfing, I picked up the bottle of Coca recorded and that I revendais a wholesaler! I also sold flowers to tourists on the roadside. With fifteen dollars collected, I could offer my first surfing.

Simon Baker, his Hollywood debut
Do you remember your first contact with Hollywood?

Yes it was with the casting director Mali Finn. My impresario at the time insisted that I go meet this influential woman in Hollywood. When I met her she told me immediately "Mome, I want you to read this script." And the scenario in question was that of "LA Confidential", the masterpiece of Curtis Hanson, based on the best-seller by James Ellroy. Initially, she wanted me to audition for the role of Detective Edmund Jennings 'Ed' Exley. But this is Guy Pearce who will get it. My disability, I think this was my Australian accent! A cut with a knife! Anyway, I finally played a smaller role. That Matt Reynolds. I think I was in a pub English, the King's Head in Santa Monica having lunch with my wife when I heard the news. I pushed a "Yeeahh" in the middle of the room. Not very discreet I agree. I will not hide the fact that we then shindig ...

Us, you do not play James Bond would see one of these four? You have the middle class and ...

But not the passport, I am Australian! This work, we generally file the English. Second, Daniel Craig is the holder of the "license to kill" and I must admit that the spy costume suits him pretty well. Apart from that, I've always liked the 007 saga as well as productions of the 60s and 70s. Films like "The Thomas Crown Affair" or Hitchcock. Thrillers where romance, the little game of cat and mouse, we throbbed from the beginning to the end. A time.

We already told you that you look like a young Michael Caine with your glasses on?

No! This is the first time I said that! The more difficult for a squint on a plateau, is not to eat a camera.!

You do not wear contact lenses?

No! And it's better. When you look at the eyes of Patrick Jane you think he focuses, he observes, but in fact it is because I see blurry!

You're not Mister Magoo?

Not yet, I margin!

http://www.femmeactuelle.fr/culture....1

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 09-Apr-13, 11:59 AM | Message # 776
Fair Dinkum

Link to FRANCE INFO CINEMA rss page, a little radio interview of Simon Baker this morning, dated April 9th, in this broadcast:

La culture et vous 09.04.2013

It's obvioulsly in french, Simon voice is overdubbed but you can still hear him. He starts at 1:50 and pays hommage to Jean-Paul Belondo for his 80th birthday!

Clic on the mp3 link under the line "Fichiers média ":

242042201424.mp3 (iTunes Document, 4.3 Mo)

or directly here
242042201424.mp3

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 09-Apr-13, 12:34 PM | Message # 777
Fair Dinkum

Oooh
Absolutely love this one:

Fran Date: Tuesday, 09-Apr-13, 1:33 PM | Message # 778
Fair Dinkum

French interview published today at Gala.fr

http://www.gala.fr/l_actu...._287790

Google translation:
Simon Baker: "My children know where I come from"
The actor never leaves his family, even promo

Known for his role of Patrick Jane in The Mentalist, Simon Baker, muse of Givenchy perfume Gentleman Only is the poster's Love, Dan Mazer. As he told Gala, he wants to regain control of her film career.

Gala: Did you shoot this film's Love while continuing to play in The Mentalist?

Simon Baker: No, I stopped filming The Mentalist each year in mid-April and I returned on board this series towards the end of July. I have three free months that allow me to do absolutely what I want. Last year, at the end of the season, The Mentalist, I took the first plane to go to London and turn this romantic comedy that I liked with Rose Byrne and Anna Faris. After spending a month in England for this film, I had time then from a month in Australia.

Gala: It's been seventeen years that you live in Hollywood. You drew a line on the Australian culture?

SB: No, certainly not. For four years, we have a house in Australia and we go there twice a year. My kids love this country. I always make sure that my children keep a healthy dose of Australian culture. It's good for your health! I often travel with my children and it is important for me they realize that I grew up in a small town (Launceston) despite my success in Hollywood. They see me in this environment and they understand better and who I am and where I come from. In Australia, I kept my childhood friends. I knew them when I was only 7 or 8 years now and my kids are friends with their children.

Gala: You said you have trouble traveling without your family. Is this true?

SB: Yes, I avoid as much as possible. I always make sure to travel with my children and my wife. When I turned to the English Marriage, in London, I did not hesitate from a weekend in Paris or Rome with my family. I do not want my children only know life in Los Angeles: Los Angeles school, the university in Los Angeles, Los Angeles to work ... I want them to go explore the world.

Gala: How was your last stay in Paris?

SB: It was great but still too short. I was able to also see Chantilly horse racing . I could eat my weakness: the soufflé. I was also able to walk to Montmartre. I went to Lyon and then to Castle Bagnolles with my family. I regret not having time to go then go surfing in Biarritz. My children and my wife have continued to visit France but I had to leave my filming in London.

Gala: Do you feel that your success changed you?

SB: Each artist search success, but still, I do not really know what it is. For me, it is a word totally abstract. My life has certainly changed and would be very different without this reputation but I firmly believe that when one door closes, another opens. I am an eternal optimist and I think I could explore other avenues if I had not become an actor. Success has changed my professional and personal life, but it is impossible to quantify what has changed in my life.

Gala: But you remain the same?

SB: Yes, I think. I'm very lucky. I have a very good life. Despite the success, I continue to work very hard and always keep a positive approach on things. I am always curious about life and I just want to keep learning. I firmly believe in the integrity and honesty of individuals. I was raised by these two principles. I hate people who lie and cheat in general.

Gala: It seems as though you were a fan of Lance Armstrong. Have you been disappointed when discovering the truth about these athletic performance?

SB: I'm mostly sad. I think this is the spirit of competition that drives unfortunately some people to cheat at this point. It's really sad and I feel sorry for him. I hope people will also remember him for everything he has done in the field of charity. You realize? Seven towers of France! It is the complexity of sport where one side you have the pleasure of sport and the other side of the demon of competition.

Gala: You are the idol of millions of women worldwide who want to know you better. Who is the real Simon Baker?

SB: Someone who has good and bad sides like any human being. My wife would spend whole hours to make you a list of all my faults. So if you want to know my bad sides of my personality, you should contact my wife because she loves to criticize me. For my qualities, I am an honest person. I like people who are as honest with themselves. I do not like people who take advantage of the kindness of others. When I feel that I feel abused, I become cold, distant, and I can even get excited. I am someone who has a strong character.

Simon Baker is the face of Givenchy perfume Gentleman Only, discover our photo series in Gala, on newsstands until tomorrow!

Lena Date: Tuesday, 09-Apr-13, 3:01 PM | Message # 779
Dinkie-Di

Another great interview, thanks Fran. I love it when he talks about his children and that he often traveling with his family. He is a lovely man.

DS_Pallas, thanks for the radio interview and the nice photo.

marta75 Date: Tuesday, 09-Apr-13, 10:22 PM | Message # 780
Rip Snorter

I saw Simon on TV show Canal + "Nulle part ailleurs" this evening. It's one of the most popular show in France, very trendy. All the team of Canal was charmed by Simon, specially Laurence Ferrari of course, even if Simon didn't talk very much. Just at the end he sailed "Merde" without accent ! It was funny. It was a little joke because last year on TF 1 (the big concurrent network)he failed to say a single word in french.
He smiled a lot very nicely but it must be very hard for him to feel comfortable and to respond quickly with a earpiece for translation.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz