Monday, 13-May-24, 6:32 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1
Green Date: Sunday, 25-Aug-13, 6:20 PM | Message # 1111
Surfie

I, too, was looking forward to seeing him in Breath - Oh well, just hope he will be happy in whatever he does - and gets some projects worthy of his talents.

Fran Date: Monday, 26-Aug-13, 0:21 AM | Message # 1112
Fair Dinkum

Quote (DS_Pallas)
Simon's answer about Breath is really "me concentrer sur la réalisation" wich means "focus on the directing". Maybe things have changed, as he doesn't consider the role of Sando for him anymore?

Thanks for the confirmation. I hope the interviewer has understood correctly, because Simon directing the film would be some consolation for him not playing Sando. Although to be honest I'm still hoping that the interviewer has misunderstood Simon's comment about not acting in the film. I know its a longshot, but its not unprecedented and forever the optimist, I won't give up hope until I hear it from Simon's lips, or until the movie gets made without him in the cast list wink

syriana13 Date: Monday, 26-Aug-13, 12:58 PM | Message # 1113
Dinkie-Di

Another photo BTS of episode 6.04

http://instagram.com/p/ddJCBZF8Hh/

Fran Date: Tuesday, 27-Aug-13, 7:03 PM | Message # 1114
Fair Dinkum

Thanks syriana, another nice one smile

Fran Date: Thursday, 29-Aug-13, 1:15 PM | Message # 1115
Fair Dinkum

French interview for LeFigaro: http://tvmag.lefigaro.fr/program....ak.html
google translation: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/transla....&u=http

After his vacation, Simon Baker has taken the path of the Warner Brothers studios in Burbank, Los Angeles. Since late July, the Australian is shooting the first episodes of season 6 Mentalist - perhaps the ultimate ... Meanwhile, from his home in Hollywood, the actor reveals the secrets of the fifth season, which starts on TF1, and discusses the future of the series.

Simon Baker, last year, we told that you have spent holidays in France, incognito, in Lyon. Have you repeated the experiment this summer?
I just did a little jump in July at the Prix de Diane in Chantilly, with a detour to Paris, and then I went on vacation in Australia with my wife and our three children. I also went surfing in Indonesia, right in front, a paradise for fans of surfing, like me.

Season 5 Mentalist is eagerly awaited, as we get closer to the revelation of the identity of Red John, the Enemy No. 1 Patrick Jane, your character hunts for years ...
We are not far from the goal, a list of seven names of the characters will be revealed and among them is the real Red John. I myself was surprised by some of the names proposed, frankly they'reunexpected ...

But do you know from the beginning that is Red John? Bruno Heller, creator of the series, had he told you?
No, and even better: I've never asked! And I do not know if my fellow actors know the answer - I have not asked them either. In fact, I try to guess by myself who is Red John. Besides, I'm getting a pretty good idea. I will not tell you that, I can just say that, if I am right, the fans will be both pleased and shocked by the revelation ...

The Americans will they know this before the end of the year, During season 6?
Yes!

Will the revelation of the identity of Red John will mark the end of the series?
Hum ... "Maybe" (he said in French), but it is not definite. Obviously, this chapter, or rather the Red John saga will indeed close. And if there is a sequel, a season seven, the investigations are likely to be different. Patrick Jane and the CBI could remain continue his consulting work, who knows? Everything will depend on how the American public will react to this season 6 it will be based on the ratings. The future of the series has more to it than the resolution of the plot of Red John.

Some fans think that Red John has psychic powers. What is your opinion?
I do not think he has such gifts.

The departure has been announced, but not confirmed, of actors Amanda Righetti (The Van Pelt agent) and Owain Yeoman (Rigsby the agent)?
It is difficult for me to comment, I do not know and I do not even know if it's true. You know, in any case, some actors are dependent on the scenario and do not really have the choice to stay or not. Then there are those who go through weariness.

Episode 100, the fifth season 5, we will take a leap of eight years back: we will discover as Patrick Jane has never seen, just after murder of his wife and their daughter committed by Red John ...
The fans should not miss this episode, which I especially love. It was very fun to play because it is a change to the usual which intrigues me. And I was able to explore a new facet of Patrick Jane, who then undergoes more things he is. I do not know how the production did, was rejuvenated us eight years simply by changing our hair style: a true miracle! (Laughter.)

What would you do if the series ended at the end of season 6?
What do I do if the series ended in a year or two or three years - who knows? That's a good question. I have not really thought. I'll try to make The Mentalist end with a halo of success and that it maintains interest until the end. Then when it's over, I think a break from the small screen, take a well-deserved vacation, traveling around the world, and probably produce some films.

Would you come back on TV?
I'm not against it, but later and in different roles, even though I love the character of Patrick Jane . It's really part of me since 2008, but if I ever did a series, I will allow time for the public to forget a little TheMentalist .

You again directed an episode this season five ...
And I'll direct again in the 6th season, I love it, it is really my thing. Besides, I really want to make a film and I know I will as soon as possible! It's really one of my goals in life.

What are your plans with your production house, Windalong?
I still intend to make an Australian novel about surfing: Breath by Tim Winton ( Breathe , ed. Shores). It looks pretty good and the author will endorse the script of the film if the project succeeds. I have other things in the fire, I'm full of ideas that I want to develop!

You're not the kind of actor to have an account on Twitter and share photos of your children or scenes ...
Definitely not, indeed! It's not even by choice: I've never taken the time to look at the social networks or how they work or interest. And to be honest, I do not think I'm interesting to "follow" on Twitter, I do not think my life or what I think worthwhile to be followed every day ...

Actress Naomi Watts, your best friend and compatriot, slipped into the skin of Lady Di, for the film Diana . What famous person would you like to play if you had the choice?
Ernest Hemingway: the literary genius has always fascinated me. He is a man of contrasts.

[Not much info here, but link for Windalong Inc, Production Company which according to this site was created by Simon in 2010: http://companies.findthecompany.com/l....ills-CA ]

Tina Date: Thursday, 29-Aug-13, 2:30 PM | Message # 1116
Fair Dinkum

So it's true that Season 7 depends on the viewers. They all say it's not definately the final one this year. I really hope it will go on.
I also like it that he doesn't say he will never make another tv show. So I guess if in a few years after TM, if he gets a good offer, he might do another show.
Thanks a lot for this interview!

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 29-Aug-13, 2:35 PM | Message # 1117
Fair Dinkum

Fran, didn't see you've posted this translation, 'cause I've posted mine here:
The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)

Sorry if it's a duplicate!

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Thursday, 29-Aug-13, 2:35 PM

bee Date: Thursday, 29-Aug-13, 3:16 PM | Message # 1118
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for this. So the fate of the series depends on the ratings. Hope the "powers that be" take into account the "death slot" it's been allocated!! In my opinion the series has far more mileage in it other than the RJ saga. The series deserves to run on and on until Bruno and Simon finally decide to call it a day. Also nice to know that Simon isn't adverse to doing another series down the line and hasn't been put off with "typecasting". It's so nice to be able to see him on a regular basis. biggrin

Fran Date: Friday, 30-Aug-13, 0:10 AM | Message # 1119
Fair Dinkum

Quote (DS_Pallas)
Sorry if it's a duplicate!

Yes it is a duplicate, but no problem, I'm sure yours is a better translation than mine smile

syriana13 Date: Monday, 02-Sep-13, 5:26 PM | Message # 1120
Dinkie-Di

Simon in TVGuide's Photobooth for TCA

http://twitpic.com/dbk38o

syriana13 Date: Monday, 02-Sep-13, 9:36 PM | Message # 1121
Dinkie-Di

The girl just tweeted the actual source http://tvguidephotobooth.tumblr.com/post/60015767413
I was hoping the photo will be bigger sad

Fran Date: Tuesday, 03-Sep-13, 1:00 PM | Message # 1122
Fair Dinkum

National Enquirer article is posted here: http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/forum/7-73-26

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 03-Sep-13, 1:10 PM | Message # 1123
Bee's Knees

Now that's dedication, Fran. Sadly, I think I can even relate to that fan.

Tina Date: Tuesday, 03-Sep-13, 2:32 PM | Message # 1124
Fair Dinkum

What a story! Yes, can relate to it too. What's a car compared to meeting Simon.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 04-Sep-13, 12:40 PM | Message # 1125
Fair Dinkum

syriana, I've deleted your post as the onset pic was already posted in the Season 6 Location thread, as I thought that was the most interesting thing about it smile

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz