Friday, 03-May-24, 8:52 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 16 There Will Be Blood (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
16 There Will Be Blood
PJaneloke Date: Tuesday, 12-Mar-13, 7:04 AM | Message # 16
Surfie

I really enjoyed this episode, in fact, I think it is one of the best.

The torture was brutal but I think it set the tune for the rest of the episode - intense, dark and brutal.

I've wondered if Pj will ever torture someone physically (if he knows he can get away with it) in order to gain information on RJ, but this episode set my fear aside. He is different frm Lorelai. He understood why she did what she did but he didn't agree with her method.

I don't think he was cold at the ending. He has two weeks to prepare him self. Yet when he walked away frm the scene, he cant even walked straight. He knew she is going to end up dead. In a way, he can see his own future in hers. "She had it coming", is that what he wish Lisbon will say when she found his body in the future?

On the side note, I agree the smiley look kind of out of sort.

The are so much to think about in this episodes. I'm going to rewatched it soon.

Evy Date: Tuesday, 12-Mar-13, 9:33 AM | Message # 17
Fair Dinkum

"She had it coming"

Lorelei knew RJ eliminate all witnesses. Jane had warned. She knew what could happen to her : it was inevitable ! her fate. cry

Tina Date: Tuesday, 12-Mar-13, 9:59 AM | Message # 18
Fair Dinkum

I really loved the episode. Yes, it was brutal sometimes, but I don't mind this in a tv show like that. I was happy to finally see an episode really dramatic and not light. I love the dark side of Patrick, and I love how this episode really made me sit very tense all the time. I really didn't expect that Loralei gets killed in this episode! I was shocked about the ending. For me it seems Patrick was shocked too, he felt something for her, and he was sure sad about her death. But I guess he knew that she wouldn't be able to kill RJ.
I really wonder who he is ..
I didn't even see the carnival props. Watched it only once, because this was enough for one day. Watch it again today.
I don't think Patrick could torture somebody like Loralei did. He is not that cold. Deep inside he is a caring good man. He has no violence in him.
I'm curious what they do next episode. It would be odd to see a normal light episode not reffering to what happened this week ...

Thrill Date: Tuesday, 12-Mar-13, 10:57 AM | Message # 19
Dinkie-Di

Wow - all I can say is that Simon's performance I think was award quality for depth and intensity - I was gripped.

Robin was also the most compelling that I have seen her........

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 12-Mar-13, 9:59 PM | Message # 20
Bee's Knees

I noticed too that his clothing is not only getting darker but cleaner looking. I'm not sure I like the new hair style. So proper. I miss the old unkempt and slightly shop worn Jane. As the show gets darker, he seems to turn into a Jekyll persona, more brutal and unforgiving. I suppose there is a reason for Bruno to fastigiate, there is indeed an ending in sight.

angel Date: Saturday, 06-Apr-13, 11:06 AM | Message # 21
Cobber

Glad quite a few liked this epis. I lived it from start tp finush. Opening yes gritty but rhus was meant to be a hard epis. I deffo hate kirkland now. Jane making it ckear to lisbon he had some feeling for lirelei ut do anything to get rj. But lisbon reaction hit him and he was sorry byt sticking by his guns. Wow the lirelei shootout. Kst hakf epus so fast and fyll adrnikin no time to think. Noticed how she stipped so not to hurt kids and she did nit try to kill anyone. But then jane asked to stay office and he did but as soon as fugyred what lorelei was doing he rushed there. Way he helped rigsby bfore go in. Jason seemed genuin scared but when jane caught him out god hoe he turned creepy and awfuk. I would have shot him. But did not expect lirelei to shoot him. The scene jane desperate to revive him and anguushe when kurkland kicked him out of ambulance was heartbreaking. Glad not jyst me but the smikey at end hit me same way. It was different so agree i think kirkland killed her to silence her but so did not expect her death. Great epusode

Juney Date: Saturday, 06-Apr-13, 5:08 PM | Message # 22
Bee's Knees

Brilliant episode. Really breathtaking even though I'd read spoilers so knew more or less what to expect. (Must admit I'm glad Lorelei has gone). wink

Tassie Date: Saturday, 06-Apr-13, 6:28 PM | Message # 23
Bee's Knees

Really enjoyed this episode once I got over the violent beginning. Thought Lorelei had some redeeming features, but after her actions have no sympathy for her. Felt sorry for Patrick that yet again his search for RJ seems to have come to a dead end.

AgentM Date: Saturday, 06-Apr-13, 11:33 PM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

Been thinking about what PJ meant when he said, "She had it coming" after walking away from Lorelai's body. Instead of it being a cold-hearted response I'm thinking that he's reminding us that everyone he feels close to gets hurt ---- remember in 3x01 when he was pushing everyone, especially Lisbon, away and she called him on it? He warned her that being around him was going to end up with her or other members of the team getting hurt. I believe that he feels Lorelai's death was to be expected because he had perhaps let his guard down a little and let her get too close. Jane has been letting himself let Lisbon get too close of late --- do I think he's going to pull back a little more??? I don't know -- I think he would want to in order to protect her , but at the same time, I think, despite his protestations about only telling her about 30% of what he's up to, he's come to rely on her and needs her.

Because of this, a thought that keeps crossing my mind, and that I can't shake, is that something is going to happen to Lisbon in the finale - can't decide what yet, on account of the fact that she's already been shot previously (maybe abduction?) Oh I don't know, -- trying to figure out Bruno's way of thinking is driving me mad! wacko --- guess I'll just have to bide my time and wait to find out...soooooooo difficult!!! cry

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 07-Apr-13, 12:47 PM | Message # 25
Fair Dinkum

I haven't seen this ep yet, but seems very interesting, regarding Lisbon/Jane relationship.

@AgentM, i like your comments about Jane's character! You should write fan fictions… happy

AgentM Date: Sunday, 07-Apr-13, 1:03 PM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

Quote (DS_Pallas)
@AgentM, i like your comments about Jane's character! You should write fan fictions…

lol DS Pallas! happy Thanks for the advice ! wink If only people would read them...

Message edited by AgentM - Sunday, 07-Apr-13, 1:05 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 07-Apr-13, 3:55 PM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

I do. Ok, I'm a lazy reviewer… sorry. cry

AgentM Date: Sunday, 07-Apr-13, 8:29 PM | Message # 28
Bee's Knees

Quote (DS_Pallas)
I do.

I know you do! book And thank you so much for doing that!

Quote (DS_Pallas)
Ok, I'm a lazy reviewer… sorry.

I wasn't having a go, lol. no No apology needed - I thank you for the reviews you have given. You've done way more than most and I really do appreciate it. kiss

Anyways, I'm just about to put the kettle on, get my cup of tea and settle down to watch this episode again on channel 5*. Yay! hands We really do need a new smiley - one drinking from a cup and saucer :teadrinker: teehee LOL.

Message edited by AgentM - Sunday, 07-Apr-13, 8:35 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 07-Apr-13, 9:50 PM | Message # 29
Fair Dinkum

Earl Grey for me, thanks. No sugar. biggrin

(no milk neither - sorry Jane)

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Sunday, 07-Apr-13, 9:51 PM

Juney Date: Monday, 08-Apr-13, 5:00 PM | Message # 30
Bee's Knees

AgentM do you write Nicfic. Where would I find them?

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 16 There Will Be Blood (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz