Saturday, 11-May-24, 7:19 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Deedee Date: Wednesday, 28-Jan-15, 6:16 PM | Message # 886
Bee's Knees

Thanks Fran for this news. So looking forward to seeing season 7.

Deedee Date: Friday, 30-Jan-15, 12:16 PM | Message # 887
Bee's Knees

Just seen the Channel 5 promo for TM. So looking forward these final episodes.

Tassie Date: Friday, 30-Jan-15, 12:52 PM | Message # 888
Bee's Knees

Me too Deedee-it's exciting but sad at the same time.

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 04-Feb-15, 11:29 AM | Message # 889
Fair Dinkum

Robin Tunney on Late Show with David Letterman - Feb.03/2015

Robin is such a funny and nice woman! Mentions of Simon at the end… (from 4:04) smile

Tina Date: Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 4:32 PM | Message # 890
Fair Dinkum

Hm, she only talks about how handsome he is ...a frangrance model etc., one of the best looking men ... But he has so much more to offer than just looking good.
I would have liked it if she had more talked about HIM, the person he is, not how he looks like ...and as if she thinks she is not pretty! Like "nobody looks at me when I stand next to him" ...she doesn't believe this herself! She knows how many fans she has!
And Letterman kind of talks not so nice about him/ Australians ...like they take jobs of Americans and only the good looking Aussies make it in the US ...
They kind of reduced him to this ....no word about how great and extraordinary he is as an actor.

But I have to say ...she is looking very pretty. On the photos of her promotour to NY! Beautiful. So she really doesn't have to talk like that as if she is not nice to look at!

The youtube link doesn't work anymore, but I watched on this site:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video....diframe

Message edited by tinamarianne - Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 4:33 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 6:13 PM | Message # 891
Fair Dinkum

I agree with your comments Tina. It was meant to sound funny but it's very reductive of Simon's qualities, and Letterman had already once told Simon that Aussies were stealing the jobs of American actors in an old interview, and I've found that a double-edge remark, could be taken as an attempt at American humour, but also as an insult. *sigh*

amanda Date: Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 9:16 PM | Message # 892
Cobber

Thanks DS but the video doesn't work ... sad

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 10:17 PM | Message # 893
Fair Dinkum

It has been deleted because of copyrights. Try Tina's link:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video....diframe

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Thursday, 05-Feb-15, 10:17 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 06-Feb-15, 2:55 PM | Message # 894
Fair Dinkum

They are currently setting the stand for Jane's DS at the TF1 head office… 6 feb. 2015

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Friday, 06-Feb-15, 2:58 PM

Tina Date: Friday, 06-Feb-15, 3:03 PM | Message # 895
Fair Dinkum

I feel a little bit sad ...seeing Jane's car there in France ... sad

bee Date: Friday, 06-Feb-15, 3:49 PM | Message # 896
Fair Dinkum

Me too Tina...I'm quite envious of the French at the moment. I wonder where it will be kept? unsure

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 06-Feb-15, 7:49 PM | Message # 897
Fair Dinkum

How the DS went there? By flying !

flynns1 Date: Friday, 06-Feb-15, 8:19 PM | Message # 898
Blow-In

Im a little sad to I must admit, I thought that warner bros would have kept it for the tours, but seeing it given away makes me sad that they may never be a opportunity of a return one day.

marta75 Date: Friday, 06-Feb-15, 10:44 PM | Message # 899
Rip Snorter

Bravo DS Pallas. I wonder how long the DS will stay in the TF1 building ? I was quite upset today because my flat is about 500 meters from TF1 but I was invited to a party and I couldn't wait for Simon. I just went past the main entrance with my bike about 7:15 pm and I saw the big black limousines and the neon red lettering "Mentalist" reflecting on the road. A very cold biting wind was blowing. I think Simon was already with Claire Chazal tongue Too bad for me...

coral Date: Saturday, 14-Feb-15, 0:48 AM | Message # 900
Cobber

The Mentalist” Series Finale: Simon Baker reflects on “loving the experience”

Excerpt:

Iconic Episodes: We asked series star Simon Baker to share his thoughts on the series’ most iconic moments: “I still think the pilot is the best episode and it should have been. It had the most money and most time spent on it, and it had the introduction into the series and I think that would probably be my favorite still.” His second favorite would be an episode he directed, Season 6, Episode 9, “My Blue Heaven.” Baker says, “That episode is the catalyst that precipitated what was done from that point on. I like it because it was almost a spinoff, almost like a pilot.”

As For The Finale: “I think it is satisfying,” Baker says. “I really enjoyed [being a part of the series] and I want to leave loving the experience and I want the show to finish with people loving the experience.” When we asked him how would it go if he could write the ending for his Patrick Jane character, he confessed: “I pretty much wrote the ending anyway. I didn’t write the script, but I definitely wrote the last scene. That’s not uncommon; just do it. I just called Bruno [Heller, creator and executive producer] and said, ‘I think this should end it, and what do you think?’ And he said, ‘I love the idea.’ And he wrote a draft and I fiddled with that draft.”

Finale Spoilers in full article http://www.channelguidemagblog.com/index.p....n-baker

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz