Saturday, 27-Apr-24, 12:05 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Fran Date: Friday, 17-Feb-12, 0:26 AM | Message # 31
Fair Dinkum

The Mentalist’s Tim Kang aka Kimball Cho Talks About The Summer-Cho Moment, Hot & Heavy Scenes and Game of Thrones

http://www.tvequals.com/2012/02/16/tim-kang-interview/

Fran Date: Sunday, 11-Mar-12, 12:40 PM | Message # 32
Fair Dinkum

Fran Date: Wednesday, 14-Mar-12, 11:12 AM | Message # 33
Fair Dinkum

Lincoln Castellanos who plays Jeremiah in 4.20 Something's Rotten in Redmund, has some onset photos on his Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/media....1231078

He also posted some comments on twitter on 1st & 2nd March (@LincolnTheActor):

"SUPER excited to be a Guest star for an upcoming episode this week! & I'm Definitely looking forward to working w. Simon 8^)"

"Well...GREAT first day on set 4 @Mentalist_CBS Looking forward 2 the next 2 days! Feeling blessed, & getting prepared!"

"What's my morning been like? Just chillin' and dancin' in my trailer, waiting 2 get in costume 4 today's scene 8^) #Grateful"

"Simon Baker slapped me, and Emily Bergl ('Tammy' from "Southland") lifted the Macbeth curse I caused in the theater. Productive day so far!"

"and here we go...last day on set...I'm gonna make it the BEST"

Thanks to https://twitter.com/#!/Aleee_O

Fran Date: Thursday, 15-Mar-12, 2:28 AM | Message # 34
Fair Dinkum

Interview with Samaire Armstrong

http://www.shockya.com/news....ntalist

Excerpt of The Mentalist bit:

SY: Besides appearing in ‘Around June,’ you can also be seen on the current season of ‘The Mentalist’ as Summer Edgecombe. What was it about the character and the show that convinced you to take on the role?

SA: It’s so cool. I think to be a successful actress, and I mean successful, if you’re working and able to get jobs, is that you get a character description, or the opportunity to audition for a role. If you’re lucky, you don’t get confined, and you don’t just get the roles that you think they want to see. You bring your qualities that can potentially lead to their character.

With Summer, what appealed to me specifically was this bitchy sweetness, where she was clearly a sweet person that had this way of putting you down while smiling. In a lot of my relationships, with my friends or otherwise, I think I have that playfulness as well. So that was really exciting to me, to be able to draw on that.

SY: Were you a fan of the show before you got the role of Summer?

SA: I have watched it a few times. I don’t get the opportunity to watch much TV. Tim (Kang, who plays Special Agent Kimball Cho) invited me out, once I got the character, so that they could explain to me about the show. He also explained to me about his character, and the fact that he hadn’t smiled twice in the four years. I sort of uncovered what the audience sees in the storyline, and that sort of thing.

SY: Would you be interested in expanding your role as Summer, and appear more frequently on the show, if you were asked?

SA: It wouldn’t even be a question in my mind. I love the crew and writers and producers and actors on that set. When I got to the set, I heard several times, you’re going to love everyone. This is about being fun and doing your job well. They don’t tolerate someone who doesn’t go with the jive. Without a doubt or a question in my mind, would I be happy to participate further.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 27-Mar-12, 11:46 PM | Message # 35
Fair Dinkum

Excerpt:
TNT's telecasts of The Mentalist are scoring big growth, with Q1 deliveries up 24% among total viewers, 14% among adults 18-49 and 15% with adults 25-54 compared to last quarter.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012....2

Fran Date: Wednesday, 11-Apr-12, 12:09 PM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

4.21 Ruby Slippers – Spoiler Article from TVGuide Magazine

Murder’s a Drag

He’s not in Kansas anymore. The Mentalist’s Patrick Jane will suddenly find himself over the rainbow when a ghastly murder has him grilling female impersonators.

“The charred corpse of a young man is found handcuffed to the steering wheel of a car, and the main clue at the crime scene is the broken heel of a ruby slipper.” says exec producer Daniel Cerone, who also wrote the episode. “The discovery sends Jane into a nearby cabaret called the Pink Noir, where a male drag show is in full swing.”

The episode is peppered with references to L. Frank Baum’s The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and its sequels – some easily recognizable others strictly for Oz know-it-alls.

“We have fun but we don’t play the situation for laughs,” says Cerone. “This is a story about a victim of bullying and how that resonates with the drag queens who all grew up feeling different. That said, they are also among the murder suspects.”

The broken heel belongs to the club’s star attraction and resident den mother, Glennda Snow. After an extensive search, the role went to actor and life coach Carlton Wilborn, who was Madonna’s lead dancer on her Blond Ambition and The Girlie Show tours.

“It was a really tall order because we needed a force of nature – a brilliant actor who could dance and look fabulous in a bra and heels,” says Cerone. “We lucked out with Carlton. He’s not a drag performer, but he spent years working with one of the great divas of our generation.” Close enough!

The guest cast also includes real-life drag queen Shangela Laquifa Wadley, a popular contestant from RuPau’s Drag Race.

“This episode is so out there with its twists and turns that it could have gone wrong in so many ways” says Cerone with a laugh. “But each department really stepped up - hair, makeup, wardrobe, casting. We are really proud of this one.”

Fran Date: Thursday, 12-Apr-12, 11:43 AM | Message # 37
Fair Dinkum

11th April

Holly Ollis (@Hollidayo) tweeted that she'd checked in to Warner Bros Stage 12 for interviews with the cast & producers of The Mentalist for the Season 4 DVD Extras.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 17-Apr-12, 10:47 AM | Message # 38
Fair Dinkum

Filming 4.24 The Crimson Hat at Fremont, Las Vegas yesterday (Monday)

Thanks to @Aleee_O

justlook3 Date: Tuesday, 17-Apr-12, 6:02 PM | Message # 39
Bee's Knees

Is Simon in that top photo? I mean if you squint, there's a vaguely Simon shaped figure. LOL. If they weren't ided, you'd never know that wasn't just a street scene.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 17-Apr-12, 11:37 PM | Message # 40
Fair Dinkum

Quote (justlook3)
Is Simon in that top photo? I mean if you squint, there's a vaguely Simon shaped figure.

Yes, looks like Simon to me, standing on the kerb.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 18-Apr-12, 11:49 AM | Message # 41
Fair Dinkum

Filming 4.24 The Crimson Hat at Belasco, a downtown Los Angeles nightclub yesterday (Tuesday)

Fran Date: Wednesday, 18-Apr-12, 7:13 PM | Message # 42
Fair Dinkum

Interview with Currie Graham (Walter Mashburn)

http://reviewbrain.wordpress.com/2012/04/18/currie-graham-interview/

Excerpt of 'The Mentalist' parts of the interview:

Q14. Your chemistry with Simon Baker and Robin Tunney on The Mentalist was fantastic. Connor Davey @CJDavey ‏ wants to know, what was the best part of working with them?

Thanks I loved working with them both and I think that shows on screen. Simon is one of those actors that comes to work fully prepared with tons of ideas. He is fantastic in the role and never misses a beat. Much respect. He is also one of the most charming people I have ever met and that charm really puts people at ease. I always felt so comfortable doing scenes with him. Robin Tunney also has that same kind of charm. I loved working with her. Very easy going and personable. She’s the kind of women you just love hanging out with. She made my stay at the Mentalist a real joy.

Q15. In your two Mentalist episodes, were you given any particular instructions on how to play the character or was the script enough?

No notes or instructions. It was one of those jobs that was an offer and I think the producers knew what they were going to get. The first episode was directed by my friend Bill D’elia. We’d worked together before so we already had a nice short hand, which made the show very easy to do.

Q16. A little bird called Ashley Gable tells us you two met recently. Can we dare hope to see our favorite Mentalist guest star in Season four?

First of all Ashley is a terrific writer whom I have so much respect for. We’ve stayed in touch and will continue to do so. I would work on anything she wrote. As for future episodes, I'll let you know something when I know something.

Q17. Speaking of Walter Mashburn, if he had a theme song, what do you think it would be?

First thing that comes to mind is “Money” by Pink Floyd, Dark side of the Moon. But I would love to hear what the twitter folks think. Might be fun to get other people’s thoughts.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 08-May-12, 4:38 PM | Message # 43
Fair Dinkum

Finale Spoiler from Eonline, but nothing new.

You never give us any Mentalist scoop! Make it up to us by giving us info on the season finale please!
Your wish, our command! "It's definitely a heavy Jane episode, but he kind of drags us down with the boat a bit, so we'll see what season five brings," Amanda Righetti says of the season four finale. Translation: Prepare for one hell of a cliffhanger.

http://uk.eonline.com/news....4

Fran Date: Saturday, 12-May-12, 11:17 AM | Message # 44
Fair Dinkum

CBS Connect page for The Mentalist: http://connect.cbs.com/shows/the-mentalist

Fran Date: Thursday, 17-May-12, 8:24 PM | Message # 45
Fair Dinkum

Another offering from TVLine, but once again nothing new:

The Mentalist
Tonight is that night that Patrick Jane goes off the deep end, shoots one of the CBI’s own and then disappears to Sin City, where he catches the eye of Entourage’s Sloane – meaning, a cocktail waitress played by brunette beauty Emmanuelle Chriqui. Bonding at first over the topic of magic, “They have a nice little connection and hit it off right away,” Chriqui previews.

Alas Jane, when he meets the lovely Lorelei, “is not in the best place…. He’s at a seemingly low point in his life,” says Chriqui. “But that doesn’t intimidate her too much.” Hmm, just how well do the two relative strangers get along? Do they fall into bed post-haste? Chriqui giggles a bit, but only reveals, “They have ‘an encounter.’”

http://tvline.com/2012....poilers

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz