The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Videos » Interviews
Interviews
Tina Date: Thursday, 27-Aug-15, 8:06 AM | Message # 601
Fair Dinkum

It just seemed to me he was a bit tired in that interview, but not that he has lost all interest in talking about The Mentalist.

TM has done a lot for Simon, and I think he is grateful for that and that he really loved doing it. It's understandable that after 7 years he wants to move on, but as he said, if there hadn't been 22 episodes or more every year, he might still be doing it.

We don't know what Simon will be doing in the future, he is only 46 years old. I'm sure there is a lot more to come from him! He doesn't seem like the kind of man who wants to just sit back and do nothing.
And who knows, in a few years, maybe if there is a really good offer, he might consider doing another tv show.

bee Date: Thursday, 27-Aug-15, 3:10 PM | Message # 602
Fair Dinkum

Although Simon says in the interview that he personally felt the end of Season 6 was a good ending to Jane's story, I felt that he never lost his passion for TM throughout Season 7, even though he may not have entirely agreed with the ending and perhaps wanted to move on after Season 6. Seven years is a long time to be in one role for someone like Simon who embraces new challenges, especially with Breath on the horizon and finally becoming a reality. Even though I miss TM I can't wait for Breath and to see Simon in a new role, both in his acting and directing! biggrin

Tina Date: Thursday, 27-Aug-15, 4:44 PM | Message # 603
Fair Dinkum

I feel the same bee, I miss TM badly, but I'm so much looking forward to Breath and what's coming after that (hopefully such great stories like Breath), I know after 7 years it was time to do something else.

But I never had the feeling that Simon didn't like to play Jane til the end. And he was sad about the TM ending in this final week, that was obvious. Even though he wanted it to end and move on. He loved the crew, collegues and for sure he also loves the character of Jane.

Deedee Date: Thursday, 27-Aug-15, 5:37 PM | Message # 604
Bee's Knees

I think Simon was happy to see TM through to a fitting and satisfactory ending. Above all I think he wanted all the loyal fans of TM to be happy with the ending and they were lucky to be able to finish on a high. Simon has had seven wonderful years with TM which has given him great success and fame and I agree Bee, I can't wait for the next chapter in his career to begin.

June Date: Thursday, 27-Aug-15, 6:59 PM | Message # 605
Bee's Knees

I can watch the video but there's no sound. Reading your comments about if Simon seems to be tired of talking about The Mentalist, I would like to listen specially this interview. Could any of you download it and share with me and maybe others, please? Thanks.

June Date: Friday, 28-Aug-15, 6:23 PM | Message # 606
Bee's Knees

It's not that, Pipar. I don't know what the problem is. Sometimes, I hate computers. But thank you, anyway.

Fran Date: Monday, 31-Aug-15, 2:15 PM | Message # 607
Fair Dinkum

Quote June ()
I can watch the video but there's no sound.

Heh June, sorry I'm just dashing on, so haven't got time to try and find a way to download it. I had the same problem as you with the sound, but this link worked for me. May also work for you Kim:

http://c.brightcove.com/service....6044852

kim Date: Monday, 31-Aug-15, 3:23 PM | Message # 608
Bee's Knees

Yippee!! Thanks Fran- my Monday is set now that I've had a bit of Simon! You're the best.

ruuger Date: Friday, 18-Sep-15, 12:02 PM | Message # 609
Cobber

Sorry, for some reasonb this posted to wrong thread. Moving it to corect one.

Message edited by ruuger - Friday, 18-Sep-15, 12:03 PM

Fran Date: Sunday, 11-Oct-15, 4:22 PM | Message # 610
Fair Dinkum

I've put a low quality version of the 2015 Telestar interview on youtube:

http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/publ....1-0-397

Tassie Date: Sunday, 11-Oct-15, 5:12 PM | Message # 611
Bee's Knees

Thanks so much for this Fran, I've been hoping someone would put it on youtube.

Tina Date: Monday, 12-Oct-15, 7:51 AM | Message # 612
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Fran smile

Ivana Date: Monday, 12-Oct-15, 4:25 PM | Message # 613
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Fran smile

kim Date: Tuesday, 13-Oct-15, 2:24 AM | Message # 614
Bee's Knees

Thanks Fran! It was nice to be able to see it without trying to listen around the translation.

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 24-Nov-15, 5:24 PM | Message # 615
Fair Dinkum

Part of the Allocine interview in Cannes about the end of The Mentalist, I don't remember seeing it before, posted today on this site. At the end of the page there is also old interview.

http://www.allocine.fr/article/fichearticle_gen_carticle=18648593.html

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Videos » Interviews
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz