Friday, 19-Apr-24, 12:11 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Fun Stuff » Fan book "The Fabulous Baker Boy" for Simon Baker
Fan book "The Fabulous Baker Boy" for Simon Baker
Tina Date: Wednesday, 17-Sep-14, 3:23 PM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

Tanja, how long should the message be? Just thinking about a text ..always difficult for me to find the right words, especially in English cry

Tina Date: Wednesday, 17-Sep-14, 3:49 PM | Message # 17
Fair Dinkum

Okay, how about something like this ? Thoughts please wink :

Simon, this is Christina (45) from Germany. I want to let you know how much The Mentalist means to me! I've been a fan of this show since I saw the pilot and I've never loved a series as much as TM (I've also made wonderful friends who are fans too).
I enjoy watching your other shows and movies and I'm impressed by your talent to play so many different types of characters.
I'm very sad that Season 7 is the last season of TM but I'm looking forward to your upcoming projects ( hopefully "Breath", loved reading the book!).
Thank you so much for all the joy and happiness you give us, your fans! I wish you and your family all the best, with love from Germany xxx

Tanja Date: Wednesday, 17-Sep-14, 3:50 PM | Message # 18
Rip Snorter

@tinamarianne That sounds great! Very lovely message smile

bee Date: Wednesday, 17-Sep-14, 5:39 PM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

Tanja my message is:

"Simon, words cannot express how sad I am that The Mentalist is coming to its conclusion. Jane's gripping story has become part of my life for the past six years and saying goodbye to this wonderful Show will be difficult.

Simon, you have made Patrick Jane such an iconic character with your versatile and amazing acting ability..I've laughed and cried along the way with him, never missing a single episode. Your passion and commitment to the Show knows no bounds and although I will miss Patrick Jane dreadfully, thank you for what has been an emotional rollercoaster ride, which I shall never forget!

I wish you every success in all your future projects, be they acting or directing, and I look forward to following your career, as an older commited Baker fan, with great enthusiasm.

Thank you for making my life that much sweeter. Bee xx (England)."

Do you think that's OK Tanja?

Message edited by bee - Wednesday, 17-Sep-14, 5:40 PM

Tanja Date: Wednesday, 17-Sep-14, 5:45 PM | Message # 20
Rip Snorter

That's very nice @bee smile

Tina Date: Wednesday, 17-Sep-14, 6:47 PM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

That's wonderful bee! Wish I'd be so good with words.

syriana13 Date: Wednesday, 17-Sep-14, 9:42 PM | Message # 22
Dinkie-Di

This is my message smile
I wish I can write you in my language to express truly how much I admire you as a person and an actor, I look up to you and wish every woman can find a great man like you. Your personality is captivating whenever I see you on TV I'm hooked right away, even in movies that you had small parts in, you are always memorable, and all what you did and added to The Mentalist is actually what made it the way it's, charming and emotional, even more beautiful when you're directing.
Thank you Simon, I'm looking forward to your future work, I wish you the best.
Yara from Syria

Tanja Date: Wednesday, 17-Sep-14, 9:54 PM | Message # 23
Rip Snorter

Thank you so much @syriana13!

Deedee Date: Thursday, 18-Sep-14, 0:43 AM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

Have got a bit emotional writing this (glass of wine didnt help)!! so I hope this is ok Tanja Here goes.

Simon, I would like to thank you so much for giving us the character of Patrick Jane for the last 6 years. What a gift this has been and you have brought so much sunshine into our lives. Never before has a tv show meant so much to me and I will be very sad when it ends. But with your talent as an actor and director I know you will continue to charm and captivate us in your future roles.

Thank you for your shining personality and beautiful smile. All the very best from Dee (a lifelong fan from England)

After a litte thought I would like to use Simons quote from an interview in France in 2013. Its " I am Australian, I will always be Australian, its who I am, its in my heart".

Just thought it captured part of Simons personality - down to earth and true to his roots.

kim Date: Thursday, 18-Sep-14, 2:45 AM | Message # 25
Bee's Knees

“Manners, courtesy and decency, generosity of spirit are all enmeshed in this ideal, but instead of just talking about them, they're encapsulated by simple daily actions like opening a door for someone or saying 'after you'."

Dear Simon,
I want to thank you for your time, dedication and talent that has made the Mentalist a show worth watching. I enjoy watching it with my teenage son. It is one of the things we both love to do together. Thanks also for setting such a fine example for other men to follow, in how you strive to find balance between work, family and play. As you have said, its important to be a gentleman, hopefully others will follow your example. Although I am sad to say goodbye to Patrick and Teresa, I look forward to your projects in the future. Just don't spend all of your time behind the camera! Wishing you and yours all the best- Kim

Message edited by kim - Friday, 19-Sep-14, 8:34 PM

sleepylover215 Date: Thursday, 18-Sep-14, 2:53 AM | Message # 26
Ankle Biter

Nice idea Mila and Tanja. It would be a nice way to thank Simon for many wonderful years on the show.

Tanja Date: Thursday, 18-Sep-14, 8:25 AM | Message # 27
Rip Snorter

Thank you ladies for the great messages!!! We are so excited!! So many nice and lovely words!!! The love to Simon is in the air love

bee Date: Thursday, 18-Sep-14, 9:41 AM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

Tanja could you also please include a quote from Simon in an interview when asked about his "turn on"s. Unfortunately can't remember exactly when he gave the interview but this quote from him has always stuck in my mind.

He said "Hearing my kids laugh, a good cuppa tea, dancing with my wife".

Bee

Tanja Date: Thursday, 18-Sep-14, 9:47 AM | Message # 29
Rip Snorter

No problem @bee smile

Message edited by Tanja - Thursday, 18-Sep-14, 9:49 AM

flynns1 Date: Friday, 19-Sep-14, 8:28 PM | Message # 30
Blow-In

Great idea Tanja would love to join in thank you for letting us be part of it. Could it be a drawing of him that I could contribute

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Fun Stuff » Fan book "The Fabulous Baker Boy" for Simon Baker
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz