Friday, 26-Apr-24, 11:33 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 3: from 1 May 2017)
Simon News, Articles, Info
bee Date: Saturday, 06-Apr-19, 11:00 AM | Message # 331
Fair Dinkum

I agree Tina that it is sad we have no news of Simon lately but having said that he is probably having some private time for himself and his family which he deserves away from the cameras. However, Breath has still not been released in the UK (not even on DVD) which is sad and I'm not holding out much hope for High Ground being released here either. Sorry to be so disheartened but it's how I feel at the moment. sad

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 06-Apr-19, 2:23 PM | Message # 332
Fair Dinkum

I agree with you, news are scarce and it's frustrating, some updates on his projects would be welcomed. Would be nice if his PR attaché was active on his behalf on social medias.
But I absolutely understand that he needs privacy, as all of us, I think he's had his share of media exposure after the mad years of The Mentalist…

As far as I know, he said in a recent public appearance he was back to work with "The Shepherd's Hut" screen adaptation.

Anyway, I'm glad "BREATH" won all these awards from the cinema critics, they are deserved! hands

bee Date: Saturday, 06-Apr-19, 3:44 PM | Message # 333
Fair Dinkum

I've read The Shepherd's Hut, although not really the type of book I'd normally read it would explain the scruffy beard look! Glad he's had so much success with Breath and that he seems to be keeping busy with other projects. smile

Tina Date: Monday, 08-Apr-19, 9:20 AM | Message # 334
Fair Dinkum

Do you think Simon will act in The Sheperd's Hut? But which part? I thought it's an older man.

I liked the other book he has rights on with Rebecca more and I would love to see him as the main character. That would be an interesting role for him.

Breath was not in the theatres here in Germany, too. And I doubt that Higher Ground will be in cinema here ...hopefully it will be out on DVD soon.

I'm glad too that Breath was so successful and won the awards biggrin . So well deserved. Simon has put so much into that movie.

bee Date: Monday, 08-Apr-19, 11:07 AM | Message # 335
Fair Dinkum

I'm not sure if Simon would be directing The Shepherd's Hut or perhaps acting and directing. He could play Sid Clackton (the father at the beginning of the book) or Fintan MacGillis the old fella living in the hut. With that beard and make-up (even dyeing his hair grey/white) he could look a lot older!

I also prefer Man In The Corner. Perhaps his next project?

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 03-May-19, 7:51 PM | Message # 336
Fair Dinkum

Cicero by Kee Chang

A book of film knowledge from prominent industry players, spanning a decade of a journalist’s career, arrives this summer.

Datz Press is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Cicero, a 10-year compilation of film knowledge by journalist Kee Chang,
featuring portraits by acclaimed photographer Reto Sterchi.
Cicero is a tribute to all the directors, actors, and creative polymaths who have sat down with Chang for a conversation in his career
as a journo, including Simon Baker, who graces the front and back covers of the book—a surrogate for the Roman orator.

http://anthemmagazine.com/spotlight-cicero-by-kee-chang/

bee Date: Friday, 03-May-19, 8:00 PM | Message # 337
Fair Dinkum

Thanks DSP. Interesting that he picked a photo of Simon for the front and back covers of his book.

Tina Date: Saturday, 04-May-19, 8:11 AM | Message # 338
Fair Dinkum

Wow, thanks for the info Marie. How cool is that! Simon on the cover, what an honor for him.

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 05-May-19, 8:58 PM | Message # 339
Fair Dinkum

May 5th, on Instagram (Simon with Claude and Harry supporting his fave Rugby Team): Source

theparraeels
Parramatta Eels

Big shout out to Eels fan and actor Simon Baker @snappytoes who joined us in the sheds of @bankweststadium after the win tonight!

Deedee Date: Sunday, 05-May-19, 9:14 PM | Message # 340
Bee's Knees

Thanks for the info on the book DSP. That’s quite something having pics of Simon on both covers and what a great pic too. Quite atmospheric.
It’s so good to see him again as it feels like ages since we’ve had any info or pics. Would be nice to find out what he is busy with at the moment. Anyway he is looking really good and nice to see him with his boys.

Tina Date: Monday, 06-May-19, 1:36 PM | Message # 341
Fair Dinkum

Thanks a lot for the pics Marie biggrin smile .
The boys are young men now, and I'd say Claude looks a lot like Simon. Nice to see he had a great time with his sons.

Yes Deedee ...very rare to get info or new pics of Simon these days. I miss him!

bee Date: Monday, 06-May-19, 6:55 PM | Message # 342
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the pics DSP. Lovely to see Simon with his sons, they are such a close family.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 16-May-19, 10:12 AM | Message # 343
Fair Dinkum

Simon will be welcomed as "Ambassador of Elegance" Longines at the french horse race Prix de Diane 2019 in Paris, Sunday June 16th
He will reward the prize winners of the Race, and he will present the «Mademoiselle Diane par Longines» Prize to the female spectator who has distinguished herself by the elegance of her outfit.

Source Twitter

"Nous sommes ravis cette année d’accueillir en tant qu’Ambassadeur de l’Élégance : @simonbaker_ ! Il remettra notamment le Prix « Mademoiselle Diane par Longines » à la spectatrice qui aura su
se distinguer par l’élégance de sa tenue. #PrixDeDiane @Longines

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 16-May-19, 12:55 PM | Message # 344
Bee's Knees

Thanks, DSP!

bee Date: Thursday, 16-May-19, 7:17 PM | Message # 345
Fair Dinkum

Thanks DSP. Hopefully there will be some new pics.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 3: from 1 May 2017)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz