The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon Says
Simon Says
Fran Date: Sunday, 17-Apr-11, 1:55 AM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

I always have this feeling that the river is going to run dry sooner or later and everyone is going to realise that I'm really not that good, and I'm always thinking what else I could do instead.

Fran Date: Sunday, 17-Apr-11, 1:56 AM | Message # 17
Fair Dinkum

For me a perfect role is the role that is not completely defined on the page, that I can bring something to it, and expand it myself. Then I feel involved and engaged, and it feels truthful and honest to me.

Fran Date: Sunday, 17-Apr-11, 1:57 AM | Message # 18
Fair Dinkum

What is the secret of a good relationship?

I don’t believe that there is a secret. Being in a relationship is work, and I think its all about compromise, give and take. There is no shortcut, there is no secret.

Fran Date: Sunday, 17-Apr-11, 2:00 AM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

I’m not officially qualified to do anything. I didn’t go to some sort of drama school and prance around in tights. I didn’t do the classics. I got a job and went to work. Made mistakes, grew up on the job.

Fran Date: Sunday, 17-Apr-11, 2:00 AM | Message # 20
Fair Dinkum

I hate waste. Let’s say I have three bananas and they’re getting really brown. The next day, I’ll drink three banana smoothies rather than throw them out.

Fran Date: Sunday, 17-Apr-11, 2:02 AM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

I'm incredibly in the moment, to the point where sometimes it's annoying to people because I want to go, `Let's do it, let's be here, come with me on this ride'. It can be fun, but it can also be very destructive. Bec is my grounder. It's very good, it's necessary.

Fran Date: Monday, 18-Apr-11, 6:14 PM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

We Australians grew up swimming with sharks, so Hollywood is nothing.

Fran Date: Sunday, 05-Jun-11, 1:37 PM | Message # 23
Fair Dinkum

Certain things happen in people's lives and they tend to become absent, they choose to be absent because they don't want to deal with certain things, and it's easiest. Rebecca was just someone who didn't allow me to do that, and forced me to wake up.

Fran Date: Sunday, 05-Jun-11, 1:38 PM | Message # 24
Fair Dinkum

Anything is going to be really hard if you go, 'Well, I want to do this but I don't want to change the way things are now.'
You have to be open to change and growth. If you're open to that and go, 'OK, we'll see what happens', then it can be really enjoyable. But when you fight it, it's not fun.

Fran Date: Monday, 27-Jun-11, 1:27 PM | Message # 25
Fair Dinkum

The idea of happiness is a lot simpler to me now than what it ever was when I was younger, before I had a family.

Fran Date: Monday, 04-Jul-11, 2:30 PM | Message # 26
Fair Dinkum

Re US/Australian citizenship (February 2011 interview - Adelaide Now):

"I'm an incredibly proud Australian, ridiculous to the point where my American friends get sick of hearing me say, `But in Australia it wouldn't happen like that'. I'm that guy. So it broke my heart when people were saying, `Ah, you don't want to be Australian'.

I was like, you don't understand.

There's no rejection of my Australian-ness. That's something you'd have to beat out of me with a stick."

Fran Date: Saturday, 04-Feb-12, 1:53 PM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

(September 2009)

“I love being onset and seeing how everything works. I love cameras, I love lights, I love all of it, you know? I love how all the different pieces come together and you end up with a story. I feel at home on a set.”

"I have to be near the water. If I get the occasional glimpse of the horizon, I know where I am. I’ve come to terms with the fact I have two homes: There’s ‘home’, the motherland, and the home where I tuck the kids in and watch the footy on Sundays.”

Fran Date: Saturday, 04-Feb-12, 1:53 PM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

(May 2011)

“I get such profound satisfaction working with Bruno, because he understands me and I understand him. It's really pure luck we found each other. It's very rare. I can be a real pain in the ass with the wrong types of people. The last thing I want to do is come to work each day and not be challenged. What's the fun in taking it easy? Let's push it!”

Fran Date: Saturday, 04-Feb-12, 1:55 PM | Message # 29
Fair Dinkum

(October 2011)

"I'm the guy who was told, "You can't be an actor. Don't be an idiot.' So, I really think I'm a lucky bloke."

“I never want to lose the feeling that I'm a lucky guy when I drive through the Warner Brothers gates in the morning.”

Fran Date: Saturday, 04-Feb-12, 1:56 PM | Message # 30
Fair Dinkum

(October 2011)

"Part of the strength of my relationship with my wife is we have some pretty strong opinions. The challenge has been to accept that we both have strong opinions. We have very healthy debates, but the key is we detach ourselves personally from these debates. It took time to get to that point, but we're there."

"Kids pretty much raise themselves. You just have to keep them safe and let them know they're loved."

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon Says
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz