Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 6:23 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 14 Red In Tooth And Claw (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
14 Red In Tooth And Claw
Fran Date: Friday, 25-Jan-13, 1:58 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

5.14 Red in Tooth and Claw - Press Release

THE TEAM DELVES INTO THE SURPRISINGLY CUTTHROAT WORLD OF ACADEMICS IN A CASE INVOLVING A GRADUATE STUDENT AT A NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM, ON "THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, FEB. 17

Rob Benedict ("Supernatural”) Guest Stars as Paul Friedman, An Adjunct Professor
Zuleikha Robinson ("Homeland”) Guest Stars as Dr. Sonia Kidd, A Scientist At The University

"Red in Tooth and Claw” — The team delves into the surprisingly cutthroat world of academics in a case involving a graduate student at a natural history museum, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Feb. 17 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Michael Gaston (Gale Bertram)
John Rubinstein (Judge Manchester)
Judi Evans (Senator Eileen Dawkins)
Samantha Quan (Megan Parker)
Rob Benedict (Paul Friedman)
Zuleikha Robinson (Dr. Sonia Kidd)
Dakin Matthews (Professor Papadakis)
Rosalie Ward (Jeanette)
Casey Graf (Gregory Lewis)
Drew Rausch (Officer Ray Moran)
Shainu Bala (Bodega Clerk)
Bart Braverman (Bodega Owner)
Aaron Norvell (Moran's Partner)
Jen Kuhn (Linda Parfrey)

WRITTEN BY: Jordan Harper
DIRECTED BY: Randall Zisk

Fran Date: Sunday, 10-Feb-13, 0:20 AM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

From National Enquirer:

http://ocdephemera.blogspot.co.uk/2013....er.html

bee Date: Monday, 18-Feb-13, 9:41 AM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

A gentle episode with little action but pleasant enough. Loved the beginning where Lisbon faints with Jane trying to catch her. It would have been nice to have more mention of that, with Jane teasing her perhaps! We now know the reason for Grace's "disappearance". Enrolling for an advanced computer course is very fitting and it was a nice idea that Jane helps a grumpy Bertram with his poker skills in order to beat Judge Manchester and therefore "owe" Lisbon a favour! Rigsby and the tarantula, acting as a decoy while Jane unlocked the cabinet, was hilarious. It always seems to be Rigsby that "gets the short straw". Sweet that Jane bought gifts for the team (it's not the first time he has come bearing gifts) but he didn't appear to give Lisbon a gift!! WHY?

Jane doing "his thing" and quickly solving the theft in order to interrogate the victim's ex-boyfriend was clever. Seeing a role reversal with Lisbon lying on her couch and Jane sitting at her table was surprising, but cute. (She obviously got to the couch first!!) Jane's seminar on "Memory" in order to trick Paul Friedman was clever and I loved the little "dance" while blindfolded and Lisbon acting as his "glamorous assistant" was funny.

Dr Kidd talking to Jane and noticing his wedding ring and then Jane twiddling the ring was telling. I think he sees this as his protection and he also seemed to have a wistful look, perhaps thinking of his wife. Loved the scene between Cho and Rigsby with Rigsby admitting googling "dinosaurs" and Cho telling him that he's still in love with Grace. (I think so too).

The final scene with Jane and Lisbon playing poker was sweet. Now knowing that Bertram may have the upper hand, Jane now wants to help Lisbon in order to beat Bertram! Jane never did like Bertram!!

Great lines:

Jane: "Gather the troops, it's time to play bingo".
Jane: "It's easy to remember, when you never forget".

Cho to Rigsby: "You have no life, I win". After Rigsby admits to googling dinosaurs.
Jane to Lisbon: "I'm gonna smoke you".

Good episode although I would have liked to have seen a little more banter between Jane and Lisbon although the last scene with them playing poker for jelly beans was cute. The way Jane looked at Lisbon.....mmmm!

Message edited by bee - Monday, 18-Feb-13, 10:34 AM

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 18-Feb-13, 3:37 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

I enjoyed this episode too,it was light and fun, while pulling a few strands together....the poker game wasn't just forgotten and brushed under the carpet.

I had to smile when Lisbon fainted....I would have too, it sounded from the thump, that he didn't quite get to her in time!!!!

Jane was so on form this episode, sorting out the thief so that they could talk to the patrol man, and talking to the girl who was sunning herself and yelling 'Bingo'....fun.

Loved the ending where they were playing poker and Lisbon was showing off shuffling the cards.

I have to take my metaphorical cap off to both Rigsby....I couldn't have had that enormous spider crawling on me to save my life.....well done Owain!!!!.....and to the actress who played the corpse, when they were showing how the killer poured those maggots over her, I nearly had to hide behind the couch!!

Fran Date: Monday, 18-Feb-13, 8:34 PM | Message # 5
Fair Dinkum

As you've probably seen from the 'Tweets' thread, Jordan did a few live tweets when it aired. I thought this comment was particularly interesting, so am posting it here as well:

Last bit: Jane and Lisbon's card game was unscripted. She really dealt him those cards on the second take. Once she starts dealing all of the dialog was unscripted as well.

bunnyt Date: Tuesday, 19-Feb-13, 0:06 AM | Message # 6
Jillaroo

I think this was really a nice episode, full of funny moments, also between Jane and Lisbon!...by the way..has anyone noticed this sentence in the beginning when Jane meets Lisbon:"There you are, I should come by sometime when there's not a corpse here to meet us"...?
---WOW!!!It's not usual by Jane!

justlook3 Date: Tuesday, 19-Feb-13, 0:57 AM | Message # 7
Bee's Knees

I'm not surprised about Robin's dealing. She is known for her poker playing skills. I rank this one with Something Rotten in Redmund from last season. A very solid case episode (although the actual case was a bit weak) with lots of character moments. It's nice to have a light season 1 esque episode every once in a while.
Quite obvious that Amanda filmed her scenes in this episode ahead. And a nice way to write her out for a couple of episodes, send Van Pelt off for more training. No Visualize, no family crisis, nothing like that. Just some further education.
Alot of people were upset by Lisbon's faint. But ugh, I would have too. Even Jane looked unsettled by those things. Kudos to that actress playing the dead girl! Obviously those were not real, but still they were gross[Wait I read Jordan Harper's tweets and they were real bugs, "super worms" big worms that they sell at pet stores to feed reptiles. Eeew.]! And I'm pretty sure I've seen Lisbon make disgusted faces at bugs, dead animals before.
Loved Teresa on her couch. That table in her office is new this season isn't it? [I haven't just noticed it but I couldn't remember it before]

Message edited by justlook3 - Tuesday, 19-Feb-13, 1:00 AM

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 19-Feb-13, 2:18 AM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

Lisbon fainting was a rare event and Jane reacting to catch her shows how well they fit together. Her on the couch for a change, playing cards together (she even didn't need pointers from him). A lot of fun remarks, so-so plot but good to see the cast playing off each other so well. Was that a wistful look on Jane's face when approached by the professor or is he ready to go on with his life and maybe take off the ring? I'm glad we had this epi now to get us in the mood for heavier lifting soon.

Lena Date: Thursday, 21-Feb-13, 11:13 AM | Message # 9
Dinkie-Di

A nice episode with many cute and funny moments like Lisbon faint at the beginning. (I have to admit that when I saw this scene I covered my eyes too.)
Jane was so sweet when he bought presents for the team and also when he helped Lisbon to get money for the training program for Van Pelt.
Rigsby was funny when talked with student to discover who wrote the fake profile pretending to have understood what the student said.
I liked Jane at the museum when he does a seminary on memory tricks, talking about his memory palace and made his trick to find out who was the killer. Lisbon was funny as her assistant.
Lovely the ending with Jane and Lisbon playing poker and knowing that this scene and the dialog were unscripted made me appreciated this scene much more.

angel Date: Tuesday, 26-Mar-13, 5:07 PM | Message # 10
Cobber

Well what can i say. love love love it. Urk the opening with the tank and worms but so funny lisbon passing out. Thought it would be Jane.

This episode was great cos the cho rigsby dynamic came back. So funny that they had to find the person who did the profile by using certain words and the looks on cho and rigsby face. Rigsby was confused and cho was just bored with it. Then when Jane found her and waved the paer and shouted out BINGO was so funny. But the banter between cho and rigsby as to who was the most feared dsynasaur after Jane gave them a toy one. Poor rigsby doing everything possible to win and cho just bewildered by him. Cho said you spend last night googling dynasaurs, who is sad then. And when he called him out on grace after she left he was so tongue tied bless him. Also rigsby having to pick up the tarantula when jane was trying to steal the moth and taking longer then usual. priceless.

Can i say for the first time i actualy liked Bertram. When he was playing poker with lisbon and losing then when he dropped everything for a free poker lesson from jane to actualy winning and thanking lisbon even though jane was the one who though of it and cleared grace to go on her course. I actualy liked him. I so loved the little story that jane said to the class to catch the killer. I was so relaxed listening to it till he was interrupted.

I also loved the little scene at the end with jane and sophie where she noticed his ring. So sweet. But the end with the poker lesson with jane and lisbon was a wonderful way to end the episode. Oh jane really had his work cut out. Poor lisbon. Another great episode.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 14 Red In Tooth And Claw (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz