Tuesday, 23-Apr-24, 11:51 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 20 Red Velvet Cupcakes (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
20 Red Velvet Cupcakes
Fran Date: Wednesday, 03-Apr-13, 9:30 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

RIGSBY AND VAN PELT GO UNDERCOVER AS A COUPLE WITH RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS TO INVESTIGATE THE DEATH OF A WOMAN WHO RECEIVED ADVICE FROM A RADIO LOVE DOCTOR, ON "THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, APRIL 21

"Red Velvet Cupcakes” — Rigsby and Van Pelt go undercover as a couple with relationship problems to investigate the death of a woman who received advice from a radio love doctor, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, April 21 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Molly Hagan (Elizabeth Hennings)
John O'Hurley (Buddy Hennings)
Patrick Fischler (Gary Beinhart)
Chris Marrs (Kip Roberts)
Mina Joo (Receptionist)
Amy Motta (Missy Roberts)
Briana Barran (Shana)
Ace Gibson (Michael)
Bess Rous (Emma Cordry)
Sara Maraffino (Rosie Dunlap)
Samantha Esteban (Monica Suarez)
Chelsea Rendon (Girl)
Mitch Poulos (Manager)

WRITTEN BY: Rebecca Cutter
DIRECTED BY: David Barrett

Mcbabsi Date: Monday, 22-Apr-13, 10:40 AM | Message # 2
Jillaroo

Anyone else here who has already seen this? There's lots to talk about (but I don't want to spoil).

Let's just say: I LOVED IT! This could easily be one of my favourite episodes ever. hands

bee Date: Monday, 22-Apr-13, 2:44 PM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

This episode had humour and sadness and I enjoyed it immensely. From the moment we saw Jane holed up in his attic, refusing to come out until Lisbon, playing to his ego (she knows him so well), said "I need you" I was hooked. Never has Jane moved so quickly before! The look on his face when he said "It's nice to be needed" and "Anything for you Lisbon", was quite telling. Jane in the studio and going "on air" offering $10,000 dollars as a reward and then changing it to $20 and asking if the CBI have a website was hilarious! There were quite a few intimate glances between Jane and Lisbon in this episode I thought (perhaps that's just me), but I felt that they have become closer since the Lorelei and Lennon debacle. Lisbon seems a little more relaxed now Lorelei is out of the picture. However, I'm sure that won't last when RJ rears his ugly head again!

Rigsby with the cupcakes was funny and Rigsby and Cho trying to find some "sexy sandals" was amusing. Poor Rigsby seemed quite clueless, but at least Cho had the right idea! The saddest part was when Rigsby and Grace were "on air". From play-acting to suddenly talking about their true feelings for each other it became quite emotional, to the point where Lisbon felt guilty about listening in to their conversation. Jane, however, being Jane, simply told her not to be a prude! I wonder if he would have felt the same if it were him and Lisbon "on air" talking about their issues!!

Jane trying to find out Lisbon's fetish was quite funny. I guess he said "turtlenecks" because Mashburn often wore them. Jealous....maybe!

I enjoyed this episode more than the last two and didn't guess it was the wife. I have to say Amanda Righetti looked absolutely gorgeous in this episode. I'm now looking forward to the next couple of weeks although am feeling quite nervous at the same time!

Message edited by bee - Monday, 22-Apr-13, 3:07 PM

Hayseed Date: Monday, 22-Apr-13, 2:58 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

I really enjoyed this one, too. Very light and fun, and yes, I didn't guess the killer either. (I thought it was the creepy sound guy). Jane didn't get the killer either, btw. LOL

Jane was at his entertaining best - laughed a lot at his "DJ" stint.

And as a Jane/Lisbon shipper, it made my little heart glow. The look on Lisbon's face when he said he'd do anything for her was fantastic. Great job, Ms. Tunney. Yes, platonic, but "working toward it", yes?

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 22-Apr-13, 3:19 PM | Message # 5
Bee's Knees

A fun episode......LOVED the 'need you' bit.....she does.....and so does he!!

I would have LOVED for it to have been Jane and Lisbon on the couch there REALLY talking....but in that situation...Jane would be Jane, and you wouldn't get his true feelings anyway!!

I hadn't guessed the wife, I thought the Husband, but couldn't think why!!

Didn't expect the ending at ALL...but so glad....I was hoping that they wouldn't drag the 'will they/won't they?' saga on too long. and Hats off to Owain and Amanda....well acted...and perfect timing. Amanda DID look stunning, and she has got her figure back and more.

Add this one to the favourite pile,,,,it is getting pretty high now, so don't stand too close to it!! biggrin

Mcbabsi Date: Monday, 22-Apr-13, 4:38 PM | Message # 6
Jillaroo

Quote (Hayseed)
The look on Lisbon's face when he said he'd do anything for her was fantastic.

I agree, but he also looked at her quite tenderly. Lovely moment!

Evy Date: Monday, 22-Apr-13, 7:10 PM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

I have to review a second time to enjoy it again and appreciate all these situations ! cool

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 22-Apr-13, 7:57 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

Did anyone notice that Jane was reading "A Tale of Two Cities" in his attic room. I hope he doesn't pull a Sydney Carton on us. I don't think the writers are going there and maybe this is just Baker pulling a fast one. The Turtle neck scene in the car was funny. Lisbon so ill at ease at this mention since he is telling her he knows about Mashburn and probably will use that later on to tease her. I'm glad to see the Grace/Rigsby thing out of the way. Enough of the bumbling ineffectual lovesick puppy. To be part of this team one has to be really smarter than they let poor Wayne appear. Not one of my favorites but it seems we get a few lighthearted epis before the last 2 finale ones.

bunnyt Date: Monday, 22-Apr-13, 10:15 PM | Message # 9
Jillaroo

Wow!I loved this episode:it was really sweet in all the moments between Van Pelt and Rigsby and Jane and Lisbon!I agree that the beginning with the two phrases of Jane to Lisbon is special...
Definitely it was one of my favourite episodes! smile

AgentM Date: Monday, 22-Apr-13, 10:29 PM | Message # 10
Bee's Knees

I really like Rebecca Perry Cutter's writing! It was a very enjoyable episode for all of the reasons mentioned, and more. Touching moments between Lisbon and Jane - especially Lisbon knowing exactly what to say to get Jane moving - and the look exchanged in the 'It's nice to be wanted' scene - but the bit that gave me a lump in my throat was the tear forming in Rigsby's eye when he was 'on air' telling Grace "You know how I feel about you..." My heart swelled for him as I would love to have a guy display such obvious depth of feeling for me that way. Kudos to Owain Yeoman for playing a blinder! And yes, Amanda looked amazing!

Jane was so much fun in this episode, from stealing handfuls of sweets to teasing Lisbon about being a fan of the 'love doctor'. I got the killer right...I guess I'm just attuned to the fact now to expect the unexpected. That's what I love about this show...for many of the episodes I've always been on the lookout for the person Jane seems the most interested in (like Columbo) but there are also the times when the person he seems to pay the least amount of attention to is the killer -- I can't believe I got it right this time and he didn't! (Whooo, proud of me! tongue )

I loved the clever reference to Lisbon's little fling with Mashburn. Was I the only one wondering what Jane's fetish was?! tongue C'mon ladies, I bet I wasn't!

Sylvia, I did notice Jane's choice of literature ... I think the connection here is that one of the characters 'Dr Manette' developed a form of psychosis obsessed with making shoes!

Overall, a fun episode , not too taxing but most definitely needed in the lead up to the finale...my breath catches in my throat in anticipation!

marta75 Date: Monday, 22-Apr-13, 10:53 PM | Message # 11
Rip Snorter

Love this episode, already one of my favorites. Every scene were perfect. Owain/Amanda were fabulous, back to the first season. Very well written and played and I'm crazy about Jane's very smooth voice "on air". love

Tina Date: Tuesday, 23-Apr-13, 8:55 AM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

Pretty good episode, and I really liked the Rigsby/Van Pelt scenes. I loved the ending, they really are such a great couple, and it's great if they end up together again. It's obvious that Rigsby has never stopped loving her.
I loved the beginning, and me, loving Jane only in shirt and vest, was happy to see this at least for a few moments. Too bad that he almost all the time wears the jacket, loved that in the first 2 seasons to see Jane in the outfit with just vest.
The scene when he tells Lisbon that it's great to be needed and that he does anything for her was sweet. I'd love to see more of that.
But now I want to see real drama in the final 2 episodes. Just not enough RJ this season!

Lena Date: Tuesday, 23-Apr-13, 11:13 AM | Message # 13
Dinkie-Di

I enjoyed this episode from the beginning to the end because it was a good mix of humor and emotional feelings and I loved to see Jane lighter side.
It was very funny when Rigsby was interrogating a woman at the crime scene and Van Pelt arrived in late and he started to criticize her to be late due to a hot date with Duncan.
The scene where Rigsby called Jane to describe to him the crime scene, it has reminded me the episode "Blinking red light" where Jane asked to Lisbon to describe to him the crime scene while he was changing a wheel of his car, it made me smile when Jane said to Rigsby put the cupcake back.
There were very sweet moments between Jane and Lisbon in this episode, like when Lisbon asked to Jane to help her with the case because she needed him.
I also liked the scenes where Jane joking with Lisbon about her interest for the talk radio show of the "love doctor"
One of my favorite scene was where Jane talked at the radio.
It was so nice to see him sitting on the armchair and speaking with his calm and relaxed voice and it was a great funny when he offered reward and the chance to be a guest deejay for a day at the radio station and asked if the CBI has a website.
I also found a very emotional the scene where Van Pelt and Rigsby talked at the radio show about their relationship and their feelings for each other.
I wonder if Jane still suspect to Mashburn since that in the ending with Lisbon seems he refer to him.

Message edited by Lena - Tuesday, 23-Apr-13, 11:33 AM

angel Date: Tuesday, 07-May-13, 9:25 PM | Message # 14
Cobber

This was an awesome episode. Start to finish brilliant. So funny and emotional. Loved from start this going to be fun with Rigsby trying out the cupcakes of course. Meow to rigsby for chewing out grace, naughty boy. Jealousy rears its head. Cho as usual straight to the point. Loved the little rigsby grace moments like in the stakeout when slowly feelings are being revealed.

Jane ribbing lisbon over her love of the love guru. She was so embarrassed telling him she listened to the show. The producer deffo did not like jane and you just knew he was going to mess with him. Jane having fun live trying to get info on the car was so hillarious. Loved how he sent rigsby to find the victims shoes and said the gold sexy ones. Poor rigsby wanted to know what was sexy and jane said 'You'll know when you see it'.

But my fave scene was with grace and rigsby on the show as a couple and letting their real feelings out. So emotional yet when you cut to jane and lisbon listening was funny especially lisbon again embarrassed having to listen. I was convinced that the love guru did it and was so surprised when his wife showed up with a gun. Never saw that. Ending was just wonderful, so glad to see grace and rigsby back together. Yet another fave episode. Brilliant

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 20 Red Velvet Cupcakes (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz