Wednesday, 24-Apr-24, 11:18 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 1 » Season 1, Episode 2: Red Hair and Silver Tape (Episode discussion)
Season 1, Episode 2: Red Hair and Silver Tape
fangs4fun Date: Thursday, 12-Jul-12, 5:45 AM | Message # 1
Jillaroo

Season 1, Episode 2
Red Hair and Silver Tape (30 Sep. 2008)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1256263/

The body of Melanie O'Keefe is found at a Napa Valley vineyard. Teresa believes that the murder is the result of an argument between lovers.

Highlights
- pretty Jane
- rock, paper, scissors. Again, is Jane psychic? Was he reading the sheriff and can tell what his next move will be?
- getting trapped in the room by the psycho wife and hubby. It showed Jane's plans doesn't always go right.
- Lisbon tackle! and Jane not knowing what to do when the perp was running with a bolo knife towards him.
- Jane's scenes with the little brother, especially the one where Jane was talking about revenge. Did he really believe what he said? He seems so gung-ho on killing Red John in later episodes.
- Jane eating ice cream.
- Jane hypnotizing the girl. Cho allows him and later gets reprimanded by Lisbon while Jane just merrily walks away.
- Jane talking about Cho the graphologist.
- This scene and dialoque:

Patrick Jane: I made a booking for two for this afternoon. Could you put us on the terrace? It's more romantic. Thanks... Yeah, Patrick... Lovely. See you then. Don't fret, I wouldn't seduce you over a meal. That'd be very sophomoric.
Teresa Lisbon: I didn't think you were trying to seduce me.
Patrick Jane: Come on, how could that thought not have entered your head?
[Lisbon stares speechlessly at Patrick]
Patrick Jane: Your denial that it did intrigues me.
Teresa Lisbon: Bite me.

Lowlights
- Don't really get how the level of butter one consumes is a sign that one might be a psycho killer. Anyone here overindulges in butter? Killed anyone lately?
- Apparently, CBI agents are the shoot to kill type of people. Surely they're taught to maim only? I was surprised by Lisbon's violence here. Lucky for them, they have a witness.

Mentalism of the day
- The rock paper scissors bit. I am assuming Jane was reading the Sheriff's reaction.
- Hypnotizing the girl. I thought at first it didn't work.

Message edited by fangs4fun - Thursday, 12-Jul-12, 5:52 AM

Fran Date: Friday, 13-Jul-12, 4:29 PM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

For me, the most important thing about this episode is that it provides the turning point for Lisbon’s trust of Jane’s theories on cases. Her dismissal of his ideas nearly got him killed, and required extreme action on her part to save him.

In my mind, whenever Lisbon is tempted to disregard Jane’s ideas as fanciful, she thinks back to those awful moments outside the motel room, and the dreadful feelings she must have had when she realised that her lack of trust could have tragic consequences.

fangs4fun Date: Saturday, 14-Jul-12, 5:28 AM | Message # 3
Jillaroo

Quote (Fran)
For me, the most important thing about this episode is that it provides the turning point for Lisbon’s trust of Jane’s theories on cases. Her dismissal of his ideas nearly got him killed, and required extreme action on her part to save him.

In my mind, whenever Lisbon is tempted to disregard Jane’s ideas as fanciful, she thinks back to those awful moments outside the motel room, and the dreadful feelings she must have had when she realised that her lack of trust could have tragic consequences.

I didn't think of it this way. Very good point. Lisbon can be very protective of Jane.

Message edited by fangs4fun - Saturday, 14-Jul-12, 5:28 AM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 1 » Season 1, Episode 2: Red Hair and Silver Tape (Episode discussion)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz