Friday, 26-Apr-24, 1:29 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 1 » Season 1, Episode 3: Red Tide (Episode discussion)
Season 1, Episode 3: Red Tide
fangs4fun Date: Thursday, 12-Jul-12, 4:16 PM | Message # 1
Jillaroo

Season 1, Episode 3
Red Tide (14 Oct. 2008)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1256265/

Christine 'Chris' Tanner (15) body washes up on the Santa Monica beach, found drowned in ditch water, with a surf board head-wound. Dad Jack Tanner, a construction worker whose wife died in a truck crash, claims the decent surfer crowd turned her away from drugs, but Philip 'Flipper' Handler has an assault record. Her old friend Darlene said she also saw an old creep. Jane helps the CBI investigate surfers and Danny's father's construction firm, both with discrete other activities. They find a worker's corps and links, Patrick uses hypnosis his way and taps into a web of lies he then sees through.

Highlights
- Jane building sand castle. He's so loveable here. He looked so relax and happy. And the lighting highlights his blonde curls and tanned skin. I noticed his shirt riding up showing taut tanned abs for a bit when he was reaching for the bucket. And no vest!
- Jane finding the keys! I love that it looked like he and VP are dancing. Oh, I would have swooned if I had Jane's attention like that. I love Jane's giddy smile when he found the keys. I also live Cho and Rigsby's banter during this time. Cho trying to find out how the tricked work while Rigsby is just so entranced with watching the trick.
- Jane lying down on the beach without a care for his suit. So pretty.
- Jane playing chess and drinking beer with Flipper. Love the smiles when he won.
- Jane pissing off the icky rich dad. Is this the first time he got punched? I loved how Jane's arrogance casually saying he has no superiors. Hah, if I knew him he meant he has no betters and not he does not have any boss.
- Cho's deadpan lines. "looking for someone who doesn't like orange rabbits".
- This episode that the CBI team are capable of solving a case without Jane only it would take them a lot longer. Jane got to Flipper before Lisbon and the others.

Lowlights
- The story and plot did not engage me. Weak writing. How can 1 girl convince 3 boys to kill someone? I find that hard to believe unless they are all psychopaths. And they didn't even do it quick and painless, they drowned the girl.
- Lisbon's backstory was poorly written or executed or both. Was her tripping supposed to show me how affected she was by the drunk dad? Lame.

Mentalisms
- Jane reading VP's reactions to find the keys.
- Jane fake hypnotizing the kids and planting the suggestion of who might be the killer.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 1 » Season 1, Episode 3: Red Tide (Episode discussion)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz