Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 0:49 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 1 » Season 1, Episode 7: Seeing Red (Episode discussion)
Season 1, Episode 7: Seeing Red
fangs4fun Date: Monday, 23-Jul-12, 6:49 AM | Message # 1
Jillaroo

Season 1, Episode 7
Seeing Red (18 Nov. 2008)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1256268/

A wealthy woman is killed in a hit-and-run. The investigation leads the CBI to a psychic woman the victim regularly visited, whom Patrick, being an ex-psychic himself, suspects of being a con woman.

Hello Kristina Frye. The most talked about scene in this episode is the last scene:
Kristina Frye: Ever since your wife and daughter were killed, there's a question that been tormenting you, yes?... Yes?
Patrick Jane: Yes.
Kristina Frye: Your wife wants you to know that your daughter never woke up. She didn't know what happened. She wasn't scared. Not even for a second.
Patrick Jane: You're done channeling? That's it?
Kristina Frye: That's it.
Patrick Jane: Thanks.

Amazing acting by Simon here. At the beginning he was amused, flippant then slowly as Kristina is talking, he becomes angry, sad, so very sad. I hated Kristina for what she did. It doesn't matter if she's real or fake. I felt that it was not her place to do that. What was her goal? Did she want to help or was she being vindictive?

I did enjoy Jane's interaction with Kristina. He was trying hard to debunk her.

The delivery of the daughter killing the mom is pretty weak, especially when they showed the flashback. Yes, the daughter seemed upset to me when the mom didn't answer the call, but she didn't seem angry enough to kill.

Cho had some great lines here that had me laughing like this one:
Wayne Rigsby: All I'm saying, you can't say there's no such thing as a psychic just because you've never met one.
Kendall Cho: You're right. I've never seen a zebra, doesn't mean they don't exist.
Wayne Rigsby: Never seen a zebra?
Kendall Cho: Nah.
Wayne Rigsby: Never been to a zoo?
Kendall Cho: Yeah I don't get zoos. You pay money to look at animals, why?

I also enjoyed Jane's interactions with Van Pelt. I wish there is more of this in Season 5. I kinda miss this. I like these 2 people, having 2 oppposing views discuss issues like the after life and faith. I liked this scene between them:
Grace Van Pelt: It's really important to you that Kristina's a fake, isn't it? Because if she's not. If she does have a gift, everything you mock, everything you discredit, everything you stand for gets turned upside down.
Patrick Jane: Um
[Jane clears his throat]
Patrick Jane: Yeah. True. Unlikely, but true.

I wasn't mad at Van Pelt. After all, Jane was relentlessly attacking her personal beliefs even when she was being diplomatic about it. I felt sad for him, but he kind of deserved it.

Is this the first episode we see Jane's car? I also love how he planted the suggestion of the merry-go-round to the kid. I love it when Jane is sly and subtle like this.

Another great scene was when the daughter was crying and saying that parents are supposed to protect their children. Then we see Jane looking stricken, thinking of what happened to his daughter.

All in all, a good Jane episode. The case of the day was boring but I enjoyed Jane in this episode.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 1 » Season 1, Episode 7: Seeing Red (Episode discussion)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz