Friday, 26-Apr-24, 9:46 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 17 Silver Wings of Time (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
17 Silver Wings of Time
bee Date: Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 5:15 PM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Raven but for some reason I have no sound.....very frustrating. Does anyone else have that problem or is it just me? cry

Raven Date: Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 5:25 PM | Message # 17
Dinkie-Di

Quote bee ()
Thanks Raven but for some reason I have no sound.....very frustrating. Does anyone else have that problem or is it just me?

Strange, I don't have problems with the sound.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 5:26 PM | Message # 18
Fair Dinkum

No prob with the sound neither.

RAven, thanks for the link! Very interesting…

Evy Date: Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 5:27 PM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

thanks Raven

I watched the video ................ with sound !!!

I think it's better to see it without sound........... because I don't like what I heard !!! wink

Another link on SpoilerTV for those who had no sound with TVLine
http://www.spoilertv.com/2014....10.html

Message edited by Evy - Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 5:34 PM

Raven Date: Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 5:30 PM | Message # 20
Dinkie-Di

I put the video on youtube Bee. Hope it works for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKW0qUJ3d7M&feature=youtu.be

bee Date: Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 5:36 PM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

Thanks so much Evy and Raven I can hear it now on the SpoilerTV site and on YouTube. Strange that I couldn't hear it on the TVLine site.

Message edited by bee - Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 5:43 PM

Hayseed Date: Monday, 14-Apr-14, 2:03 PM | Message # 22
Bee's Knees

This was such a wonderful episode. I love the new Abbott/Jane dynamic, and how funny was Lisbon, holding that fake baby by the arm? Cho's "my brain would explode" is a quote for the ages, and the Star Trek guy was very good. I knew who did it but it didn't matter - loved the scheme to get the reveal.

But of course, as a shipper, the only thing that really mattered was that they ripped my heart out with that last scene.

AgentM Date: Monday, 14-Apr-14, 7:10 PM | Message # 23
Bee's Knees

I'm not a shipper, but even my heart has splintered a little...Are they deliberately using a filter to shoot the scenes in the last two episodes of Jane on his couch? They seem to have a greyness about them, like he has no colour in his life - maybe symbolic to represent his loneliness? Whatever...I still reached out to the screen to comfort him. sad He really does need a hug.

The ploy of fiddling with time to catch the murderer was always going to be there as soon as Wiley's wonderful reminder kicked in and there being a deadline to execution. I guessed the killer immediately, but as Hayseed said, that didn't really matter...it was how the plan played itself out that was the interesting bit. They are really playing up to the Columbo-style this season.

Loved the opening scene with Jane looking towards Lisbon's arrival and the ol' 'my car wouldn't start' excuse she gave him. C'mon Lisbon, you can do better than that - why are you lying to the man when you know damn-well he knows you are lying?! tongue

Cho always gets the best lines - have thought so since day one of the show and Tim Kang delivers them with such skill. He really is hilarious.

I also loved the way Lisbon wanders in with fake baby 'Is this your baby?' - biggrin But I really loved the way she was standing outside the window ready to catch the fleeing accomplice who was claiming to be putting on some pants but was really climbing out the window - "Those pants look alright to me!" There was a touch of Cho about her delivery of that line.

Wasn't the husband played by the same guy that was in The Guardian - the one where Nick found disturbing photos in his desk drawer of his daughter in various poses (turned out he was abusing his daughters)? Knew he wasn't the bad guy this time around but loved the scenes between him and Jane - in some ways they are so alike, especially when discussing how it felt to learn the person you thought killed your wife was dead. I could hear the cogs whirring in Jane's head.

As for the end... *gazes wistfully into space thinking of ways to comfort Jane* I think he is very torn - he so wants Lisbon to be happy, but at the same time it feels as though maybe he realises that he has missed his chance. Regret is etched all over his face. I bet he was thinking about what Wayne said about how he and Grace thought Jane and Lisbon would end up together. Just for the record...I think y'all know by know I don't want that, never have, but I'll say it again...sounds stupid, but I think it would ruin the closeness and the bond that they share. However, it would seem Lisbon is feeling Jane's lonely pain - again it is etched on her face - the guilt, and possibly the regret that she wanted Jane to make a move but he never did...Pike could be her way of maybe pushing Jane into doing something and making his feelings known, or it could be that she is resigned to the fact that she could be waiting forever for that to happen and is trying to move on instead of wasting her life in some endless waiting game (been there, done that...a painful waste of time and before you know it, life has passed you by... sad )

I guess we'll find out soon enough. There is still a ticking clock...

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 14-Apr-14, 9:41 PM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

Loved the episode, I too guessed the wife did it, but as you all say, it doesn't matter.

Jane's face when Lisbon was speaking to Pike on the phone was so sad, and he seemed a little off kilter when he had walked into the house, you could see him pulling himself together.

I like Abbott....I know he lied to Jane at first and he rode roughshod over the whole team, but I like how he handles Jane, he respects him and values his talents, but doesn't see him with rose coloured glasses....I like how they react to each other.

The end....Simon can say so much with so few words.....and as you all say, Lisbon didn't look so comfortable either...I did wonder if she went to her desk deliberately so Jane would see her all dressed up.

marta75 Date: Tuesday, 15-Apr-14, 0:56 AM | Message # 25
Rip Snorter

Lost time and sorrow are the two keys of this beautiful episode. Poor Jane, he seems unable to react ! Congratulations to the writers and to Blake Neely.

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 15-Apr-14, 11:31 AM | Message # 26
Fair Dinkum

Great episode, loved the whole concept of the custody and fixed countdown. Again, the supporting cast was perfect.

The team dynamics is getting better and better, it has hugely "humanized" itself. I think Cho shows more that he has a fondness for Jane, and Abbott really appreciates his "asset" now, and takes the time to talk with him at the end of the case.

In parallel, Lisbon and Jane relation is deteriorating with a new tension and more frustration coming to the surface.
I still think Jane knows and has aknowledged that his feelings for Lisbon are beyond simple friendship, from the moment he took the decision to leave Venezuela. But since the conversation they had on the plane, he's decided to let her the space she needed, and genuinely wants her to be happy, while he kept giving her subtles clues showing his love for her, avoiding to force things on Lisbon. He looked also relaxed and more at peace with himself in "Violets".
Alas, things changed, as Pike appeared.
And now, as marta75 noticed, lost time is the key. Clock is ticking, and Lisbon won't wait eternally for him to make a move. I notice the way Robin is acting, she's showing a Lisbon challenging Jane to say something or do something, because she needs to know where he stands (in the scene at Feinberg's house entrance with her "What?", and in the last scene).
The problem is, apparently, Jane doesn't know, torn between his want for Lisbon's happiness and what he feels for her. But his "I'm not starting. You're beautiful" spoke volumes. And Lisbon is clearly shaken by Jane's openness.

in "Silver Wings of Time", personal stories and case of the week enterwined nicely. That the TM we love! Thanks Szentgyorgyi & Cutter.

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Tuesday, 15-Apr-14, 11:43 AM

Tina Date: Tuesday, 15-Apr-14, 4:33 PM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

It's getting better and better. I love the new team and how they work together. I wasn't a shipper and always thought
they should only be friends, but when I see Jane now. I don't think he can find happiness with anybody else. Felt so
sorry again for him at the end.
Yes that was the guy from TG. I had just rewatched Season 1 and this is such a strong Guardian episode. So another TG
actor on TM.
I always felt so sorry for Nick and now it's the same with Jane. Would like to comfort him and hug him all the time.
I'm just so sad that we might not get more of this...I love watching this new TM and really want to see more.
I love Abbott!

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 15-Apr-14, 4:47 PM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

Yes tinamarianne, thinking we may not have a season 7 is very frustrating, now the new TM is setting.
I was not so keen to it at the beginning of season 6, but those 3 last episodes made me change my mind.

June Date: Tuesday, 15-Apr-14, 6:09 PM | Message # 29
Bee's Knees

At first, I had doubts about this new team too. You know, six years with the CBI and the old team and now this big change? But I was wrong. As you say, the last episodes show a group that work perfectly together and I love them. I love Abott and Wiley more and more. I love how the writers are playing with the relationship between Jane and Lisbon. It seems that nothing happens but actually it happens too much. The endings of "Violets" and "Silver wings of time" are so perfect! Watching Jane's attitude I wanted to cry: "C'mon Jane, say something, damn it! Open your heart, pleeeaseee!" A lot of talent is what this series has.

I need a seventh season. Right now.

Message edited by June - Tuesday, 15-Apr-14, 6:11 PM

bee Date: Tuesday, 15-Apr-14, 7:47 PM | Message # 30
Fair Dinkum

I wasn't happy either with the new team and the move to the FBI at first, too much change was a little off-putting for me. I liked the cosy atmosphere of the CBI office and with Lisbon in charge. The splitting up of Jane and Lisbon (whether they were romantically linked or not) made for disappointing viewing for me. I missed their banter. However, now with the last few episodes where they are back working together again I feel slightly more optimistic for the future and am hoping (and praying) for a 7th season. I like the banter between Abbott and Jane, although Abbott seems to have come round to Jane's way of doing things a little too quickly I feel and I would like to see some more "batting of heads" between these two.

Jane's past still seems to haunt him and with all the added obstacles in his way regarding Lisbon he looks so lost and lonely. I find myself wanting to either scream at him to get his act together, or just give him a great big hug and tell him everything will be OK.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 17 Silver Wings of Time (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz