Tuesday, 23-Apr-24, 9:32 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 19 Brown Eyed Girls (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
19 Brown Eyed Girls
DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 10:38 AM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

I just realized that Pike probably got his damned promotion thanks to Jane's scheme wich brought the art thieves ring down.
And it was Jane who insisted in taking the case.

What an irony… sad

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 10:45 AM

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 11:21 AM | Message # 17
Fair Dinkum

What surprised me the most in this episode is Abbott's talk with Lisbon.

Wow. I didn't considered Abbott would interfere this deeply in his agents' life.Prooves he's a good boss.
And Teresa looked like a school girl being gently but firmly admonished by her teacher. Really seems that everybody around Jane & Lisobn sees / feels the akwardness of the situation.

First and last scenes were impressive.
Jane softening the last moments of the wounded young woman's life… He rarely shows that much empathy (remember when he helped Dr Steiner to commit suicide), and it was very moving.
And Jane collapsing inside when he hears she may leave to DC with Pike, trying to smile.
And Lisbon clearly avoiding answering if she likes the guy (gee she's fallen asleep at the theater beside Pike!). And Lisbon desperately trying to provoke a reaction from Jane, anger or jealousy of refusal… Something. She's in pain too, it's obvious. But no, he loves her so much that he chooses to let her go and says he's happy for her.
Argh. I wanted to take them by their lapels and shake both of them. Stupid stubborn characters.

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 11:26 AM

PJaneloke Date: Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 3:38 PM | Message # 18
Surfie

DS, I feel the same way. I rewatched the last scene so many times and every time I feel like banging their heads together!! But at the same time, what an amazing acting frm Simon and Robin!

Evy Date: Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 6:51 PM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

Great episode
The introduction of the story is interesting: PJ only pushes a man. And it all starts.

About the last scene : it became obvious that Teresa was just waiting for a sign from PJ. Twice she tried to make him saying something. But nothing. For the first time in six seasons he is completely helpless. I think she hasn't already made a decision, she just wants to drive him into a corner ! to make him react. He does. But she doesn't see that : she's gone and he is KO. He thinks it's too late, he has lost her wink

NOooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!................. Wake up Patrick !

PS : Poor Pike. It is nice guy. He will suffer...

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 6:55 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 7:49 PM | Message # 20
Bee's Knees

Pike will find someone else in DC, after all he is a nice guy and with being bureau chief will give him plenty of female agents after him. We can't forget that Jane insisted on Theresa being there in Austin or he wouldn't work for the FBI so maybe he'll get his mojo back and Theresa will get real.

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 8:50 PM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

Yeeeesssss, Patrick's mojo!

I'll get my coat.

Evy Date: Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 8:58 AM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

I couldn't analyse better than this discussion. Very interesting and so true !! What do you think ?
(extract from http://www.tvfanatic.com/2014....s-girls)

What was your favorite scene from this Mentalist Season 6 installment ?

Robin : Watching the flurry of emotions go across Jane's face as he realizes Lisbon is serious about Pike and is contemplating leaving. Simon Baker. My goodness. that man is one heck of an actor.

Entwife : The ending scene. Absolutely. Never was so much truth revealed in the pack of lies Jane and Lisbon were telling each other with their mouths. Because everything else about their body language, facial expression, eyes and tone of voice gave the truth away. No doubt for me anymore. Jane and Lisbon will be together by season's end. But I allow a 5% chance for Heller to destroy them out of sheer perversity, for "art." I will never trust him again, for any production.

Christine : I have to make it unanimous. That end scene was priceless. Lisbon looked oddly hopeful and Jane looked about as devastated as I'd ever witnessed as he stumbled over his words and told Teresa he wanted her to be happy. No matter what happens, I think these last few episode will be a bit painful to watch

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 8:58 AM

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 10:21 AM | Message # 23
Bee's Knees

Okay, so I just watched it again and a few things popped out:

1) Did I miss the 'bow and arrow' connection? 'Cos I sure don't remember it being resolved.

2) Who the heck is Mr Ridley? Is he a member of the Blake Association? We haven't heard anything mentioned about that in weeks, I guess they have to return to it before season's end, right?

3) At the start, Jane says "There's something off about that guy..." Could there be a deeper meaning to this? He was of course (at least at surface level) talking about the shifty guy he'd bumped into - but what if...

Pike is beginning to seem a little too good to be true. You know how I like a good conspiracy theory...what if Pike turns out to be a member of the Blake Association and Jane figures it out and then has to save Lisbon from the biggest mistake of her life?? lol - all of you shippers and your shipper-talk is messing with my head! tongue

Here's a though to fester: what if we're all really liking Abbott because Bruno wanted to pull off an unexpected shocker by making him turn out to be a bad guy? ! If watching Jane has taught me anything it is that appearances can be deceiving and that I should expect the unexpected at all times. wink

What do you guys think?

Evy Date: Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 11:00 AM | Message # 24
Fair Dinkum

Agent M : I think I find you very pessimist and tortured. We have already had O' Laughlin as a traitor, then Pike ? No. Not twice anyway. The same applies to Abott.
But with Bruno Heller, we can expect anything after the end of Red John wink

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 12:06 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 11:50 AM | Message # 25
Fair Dinkum

Quote AgentM ()
Here's a though to fester: what if we're all really liking Abbott because Bruno wanted to pull off an unexpected shocker by making him turn out to be a bad guy? ! If watching Jane has taught me anything it is that appearances can be deceiving and that I should expect the unexpected at all times. wink

What do you guys think?

Yes AgentM, I've already said almost the same thing, in the "Silver wings of time" topic. In this episode, when Jane talks to the man who has serious problems with the FBI, writers remind us that Jane is a free man because an FBI agent "help" him. So I thought:
"This agreement made with Abbott about Jane's immunity is nagging me. What if Abbott's putting on an act with Jane?
Remember Jane blackmailed him with the Blake Association list. If would be weird if Abbott has forgot or totally forgiven Jane for this. So maybe he's playing a two-faced game with Jane, being cool and tolerant with his antics etc."
So basically, I reacted like you since a few episodes. But maybe we both have a twisted mind? happy

On the other hand, as Evy says, treason has already been used with O'loughlin, and the Blake association in general. Will they use the same "device" again?

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 11:54 AM

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 3:56 PM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

Agent M I had the same thought about Pike after watching this week, and DS I wondered about Abbott too, but I just assumed it my evil mind....I hope we are wrong....In the first instance, I am not sure that Lisbon would like Jane to be right again...he usually is....and I think she would feel embarrassed and foolish.....NOT a good way to go! In the second.....I LIKE Abbott, and don't want him to be a bad guy....but Bruno may be playing a wicked game with us......confused!

Tina Date: Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 5:31 PM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

I really hope you are not right about Abbott because I like him very much. But I too get a strange feeling about Pike...is he really the good guy he seems to be? He just pushes it too much for me especially in this episode. But I guess Jane doesn't sense anything otherwise he would warn Lisbon. But I get a little suspicious about Pike...

Evy Date: Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 5:50 PM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

Some of you are worried about Pike. But as I wrote above. I don't think the writers use twice the same treason like O' Laughlin.
I really think that he is a good guy and as I've already written : does anybody think how much he will suffer when Lisbon (because I'm sure she will...) will leave him, especially for Jane ??

Abott ??? Maybe : "he's too sweet to be wholesome" Humm wink

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 7:16 PM | Message # 29
Bee's Knees

Quote Evy ()
Agent M : I think I find you very pessimist and tortured.

A little harsh, Evy, don't you think? As you can clearly see, I'm not alone in thinking along these lines! I'm a writer...I think in devices and twists and turns!

Quote DS_Pallas ()
But maybe we both have a twisted mind?

Thanks, DS. Nice to know I'll be sharing a cell/padded room with someone I know! lol. tongue

Quote Evy ()
I don't think the writers use twice the same treason like O' Laughlin

I don't see why not. Hell, they made Van Pelt do it twice...or have you forgotten about the crazy lunatic who seduced her to get to Jane in 'Bloodshot'?
As I said, expect the unexpected. surprised biggrin

Message edited by AgentM - Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 7:17 PM

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 7:43 PM | Message # 30
Bee's Knees

So.....parachute....check, Scuba gear.....check,......climbing Rope.....Check......anti-venom for....everything!!....Check book fear eek .......OK......I'm ready.....bring it on!! biggrin

Message edited by Mossibecca - Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 7:44 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 19 Brown Eyed Girls (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz