Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 9:23 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 21 Black Hearts (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
21 Black Hearts
Evy Date: Thursday, 13-Mar-14, 6:26 PM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

"Black Hearts"

JANE CLOSES IN ON THE MASTERMIND BEHIND A KIDNAPPING RING, WHILE LISBON MUST DECIDE IF SHE WILL LEAVE AUSTIN WITH PIKE, ON “THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, MAY 11

“Black Hearts” – With time running out to save the victims of a kidnapping ring before they are transported overseas, Jane and Lisbon zero in on the criminal enterprise’s mastermind. Meanwhile, Lisbon decides if she will move to D.C. with Agent Pike, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, May 11 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Will Lisbon stay w Jane in Austin or move to DC w Pike? Find out on a new #TheMentalist #CBS 5/11 10pm http://bit.ly/1eXECq6

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)
Rockmond Dunbar (FBI Agent Dennis Abbott)
Emily Swallow (Kim Fischer)

RECURRING CAST:
Joe Adler (Wiley)
Pedro Pascal (Marcus Pike)
Zuleyka Silver (Daniela Welker)

GUEST CAST:
Nandy Martin (Amy Welker)
David L. King (FBI Head Don Anderson)
Titus Welliver (Michael Ridley)
John Hensley (Anthony Tremmel)
Magda Apanowicz (April Lark)
Robert Joy (Alexander Lark)
Chuck Ashworth (FBI Agent #1)
Ane Dela Cruz (FBI Agent #2)
Paul Schakman (Alan Montross)
Ajgie Kirkland (Jonas Diop)
Luis Fernandez-Gil (Ambassador Moreno)
David Carpenter (Officer)
Robert Della Cerra (Employee)

WRITTEN BY: Ken Woodruff and David Applebaum
DIRECTED BY: Randall Zisk

Fran Date: Monday, 21-Apr-14, 11:13 PM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

Original post updated with Press Release.

Raven Date: Friday, 25-Apr-14, 9:09 PM | Message # 3
Dinkie-Di

Promo Photos

http://www.seat42f.com/the-men....ts.html

Hayseed Date: Friday, 25-Apr-14, 10:35 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

That last one makes my heart hurt.

Peithon Date: Friday, 02-May-14, 1:33 AM | Message # 5
Rip Snorter

Check out IMDBs cast list for amusement - are we all being played tongue

Mossibecca Date: Friday, 02-May-14, 10:26 AM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

Can't decide if it is funny HA HA or funny....weird...... wink

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 12-May-14, 12:41 PM | Message # 7
Bee's Knees

The guy who played Ridley...perfect casting, he was suitably creepy evil

Good to see Robert Joy, I think he is a good actor and again well cast, he is great at playing slightly weak minded (in an addiction sort of way) people who have dropped between the cracks of society....and the wistfulness of his delivery of the line about the watch....'I used to have one of those' You could almost see the ghost of the man he used to be.

Ridley's reading of Jane....a man who would stop at nothing.....creepily true, and I think it hit home too.

Wiley once again mixed up in one of Janes schemes and enjoying every minute.

The scene with Cho & Lisbon was great, she would miss him too......a LOT, and I laughed when after all the emotion about her breaking the news of the job to him.....there was a beat....then 'They are ordering Chinese in for lunch....' and delivered in EXACTLY the same tone of voice....Choman rocks!!

Loved to see Jane & Lisbon working together like a well oiled machine....and then......Pike proposes!! She looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

So..... to my thoughts of THIS bit.....

What ever words come out of Lisbon's mouth from here on in....I don't believe them!

She had decided that she wasn't going to take the job as soon as she lied to Abbott.....he made it quite clear (to me if not to her) that off the record he would let her future employer know about it. OK they may still take her on, but it would be known, and SHE knows that too, but she chose to back Jane up.....Jane on the other hand has put NO pressure on her to jump one way or the other, she could have spoken freely to Abbot when Jane had left.....but she didn't...and Abbot KNOWS she was lying.

Then the proposal.....she was almost looking for somewhere to run....to me I see this situation as one where she likes Pike, maybe even a little more than like, but love...NO....I think she has enjoyed the attention, the care and consideration she gets from Pike, and the look in Jane's eye when she catches it, but what I saw on her face was that it was a situation that has gotten a bit out of hand and now she feels a little hunted....it wasn't supposed to go this far....marriage....that is serious. I think take Jane out of the equation and she would bolt for another State like she did the last time she agreed to marry when she was young. Plus Pike...understandably (I do think he is a nice guy) has begun to want an answer, so he is starting to put the pressure on....Jane isn't, he knows her well enough to know it would be the wrong move....she needs to do what SHE wants with no pressure either way.

That's my two penn'rth for what it is worth....enjoyed this one.....NOW looking forward even more to the finale.

Message edited by Mossibecca - Monday, 12-May-14, 12:44 PM

Evy Date: Monday, 12-May-14, 6:18 PM | Message # 8
Fair Dinkum

Special mention to Cho and Willey for this episode.
Lovely scene between Cho and Lisbon, even we already have watched it in the sneak peek.
I think that Abbott is not duped by Lisbon's lie.
About Lisbon and Pike : This marriage proposal made into the hallway. Absolutely ridiculous : how long they know each other ? Poor Lisbon, she deserves better. I feel that Pike wants "to hook her like a fish" because he feels threatened by Jane. I liked him in the previous episodes. But I didn't now.

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 12-May-14, 6:26 PM

PJaneloke Date: Monday, 12-May-14, 7:30 PM | Message # 9
Surfie

I don't usually don't get a TM episode, but this one...I don't know what to make of it...I rewatched and think I kind of get some of it but still there are scenes that bothered me. One example is the Lisbon and Jane's scene on the couch. The prolong short or slow motion on Jane's face just feel awkward.

I wonder is this elaborate scheme to catch Ripley the only way to catch him or Jane just want to push Lisbon into making a decision - through the scheme, he reminded Lisbon that staying with him mean she will have to continue to lie for him and always put her career in danger for him.

The ending scene, I bet Jane saw and heard everything. He heard Libon's decision as well as Pike's proposal. He has mentally prepared before Lisbon came back to her desk. Therefore the distance way of speaking to her - the polite indifferent is so different compared to the ending of 620.

Another possibility is Jane already knew Lisbon's decision at the beginning (right after Lisbon gotten the job offer, even though Lisbon told Pike she has to think about it), therefore he is already prepared to hear her decision on the couch scene (and thus the pretend happy face). Since she still can't say it out, he dicided to help her along by pulling her into this deceitful, highly illegal scheme of him and put her into position to lie for him again.

If my speculation is correct then Jane is really putting Lisbon's interest above his and I will love him even more...if that is possible.

Hope I'm actually making sense with my poor English.

bee Date: Monday, 12-May-14, 9:00 PM | Message # 10
Fair Dinkum

I liked this episode and also the way in which Jane solved the case. The fake hospital scene with Jane and Lisbon was hilarious. I imagine Simon and Robin had fun filming that scene, especially Lisbon smearing the fake blood over Jane! It amazes me that with these somewhat disturbing scenarious TM always manages to include some comedic moments.

I love the fact that Lisbon is still loyal to Jane even though it could backfire on her and that their relationship is a little strained at the moment.

Loved the way in which Cho told Lisbon that if she were to take the new job it was an honour to have worked with her. A moving moment for Lisbon but especially Cho I think by the way he high-tailed it out after his little speech.

I am disliking Pike more and more. I think he is being very controlling. As well as asking her to move to DC with him he's now. as he admitted, "gone out on a limb" for her by arranging a job offer. He's doing exactly what Lisbon accused Jane of doing...ie making decisions for her. I think he is also realising that the bond that Lisbon has with Jane is stronger than he first thought and that is perhaps why he has asked her to marry him!! He is panicking. By the way that is the least romantic proposal I've ever heard, and where was the ring??? Jane would do it so much better!

I think you maybe right PJaneloke in that Jane overheard some of Pike and Lisbon's conversation and that is why he was rather distant with Lisbon. I also believe that Pike is pushing Lisbon too fast and Jane knows this. He knows how Lisbon may react and that is why he is letting Lisbon make her own decisions (re the plane conversation). However I think in this instance Lisbon would like to actually know what Jane is really feeling. At one point in their conversation (can't quite remember when) Jane did say to Lisbon "I'll be here" and I did think that this was quite symbolic...meaning that he wasn't going to disappear from her life again. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this I'm not sure.

I'm looking forward to the finale (even more now that there is to be a Season 7) and hope it's not too painful.

AgentM Date: Monday, 12-May-14, 10:26 PM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

I agree with many of the comments already posted...though we all seem to think that Jane is letting Lisbon do it her way, when he is actually manipulating the whole situation. But that is so typically Jane's way -- let the mark think they are leading the way, when in truth they are being led. He is leading Lisbon without her even realising it - taking a step back and not pressurising her one way or the other. He is fooling her into thinking that she is making her own decision...and all of us along with her. Tsk tsk, he is such a good con man. tongue

I know he cares about her and wants her to stay, and I know he knows that she loves him...and yes, there is a part of me that is screaming out that he is genuinely letting her choose (we know she isn't going to go (at least not for very long, even if she does leave the state - and I very much doubt that she will marry Pike) but this is Jane - this is what he does!

Manipulative things that Jane did? Telling Lisbon that his plan would involve many things including breaking many laws - reminding her of the good times (and of the tiny thrill she got from his shenanigans, even though she chastised him for it); saying "We make a good team...sometimes" and telling her "I'll be here" - a subtle way of saying that he's not planning on abandoning her the way she may be abandoning him if she goes to DC. He's such a sly little devil at times, he knows full well that she is beginning to have second thoughts. tongue

Jane's "I'll be here" in response to Lisbon's "See you tomorrow" was very cute, but his "goodnight" was followed by that tiny grin/smirk that Jane seems to display when he's just played someone and knows that he's going to get his own way - though there was a hint of fondness in it too, I will admit.

I loved the Cho/Lisbon scene and the fake hospital scene, lol and I am absolutely loving Wiley - dare I say it...he's even cuter than Rigsby! biggrin

I loved that Cho was able to reunite the sisters - I knew he would...that's what Cho does. He puts right what others made wrong. He's a hell of an agent and I would definitely have him on my team. I just wish he would find someone to love, who doesn't turn out to be an irritation with too many problems of their own. He needs nurturing, bless him.

Overall, a good episode and the end of another short arc. Roll on the Blake Association loose ends.

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 12-May-14, 10:31 PM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

Can't believe we just watched the penultimate episode… sigh

Liked this one!
Another great scheme from Jane, I'm sure Robin and Simon had fun doing it.
Ridley's character is so cold and creepy, and yes the actor is very good at it. Loved the game between Jane and him, and as frightening as it might be, they seemed to understand each other rather well. The only mistake Ridley has made was to underestimate Jane's resolution.

But I'm glad I see some of you here reacted the way I did regarding Pike.
No pressure?? For Christ sake, He's nearly forcing her to take the job offer, and is proposing in the bullpen in front of the elevator? Wow, how classy!
Frankly, this man knows nothing about Lisbon. Pike's a macho and a control freak, under his goody-two-shoes outfit. don't you feel that, Teresa?

And yes, as bee, I think Jane heard the conversation, at least some parts, and has made deductions from Lisbon's body language. He looks too confident when she walks towards him.
I'm sure his "I'll be there" statement means much more than just the fact that he'll be there the next day.
Because Jane, he knows Lisbon. happy

I'd like to think there's much more in the scene between Abbott & Lisbon too.
It may looks like in his office, facing Lisbon, Abbott is encouraging her to go to DC (I don't wanna see you throw away this opportunity of yours), but in fact, he's just told her that it's obvious she can act in a Jane-esque way sometimes, and that belongs to his team here in Austin, on Jane's side, because they make one hell of a pair!

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Monday, 12-May-14, 10:53 PM

Tina Date: Tuesday, 13-May-14, 9:19 AM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

Another great one.

I liked Pike in the beginning, but now he really gets annoying! How can she even think about going with him! He pushes her way too hard, and it's surprising that she doesn't say anything about that. She always was so independent and now this? And a sure thing is that it WILL get boring with Pike in DC. He's a "sleeping pill"!

Jane might be difficult and exhausting like Lisbon said to him, but with Jane it never gets boring! And he sure is more passionate than Pike. I wouldn't even have to think about it for a minute if I had to choose between the two.

Loved the scene with Lisbon and Cho. Cho has a hard time showing his feeling too ...but you can sense how he feel and that he cares about Lisbon and also Jane.

Abbott ...so happy that we get to see more of him! He's just one great character!

Now I can't wait for next week, and for the first time in weeks I was able to watch Black Hearts happy and relaxed. I was always so sad watching TM in the last weeks since CBS hadn't renewed it like all other shows and I thought it might be over soon.

angel Date: Saturday, 24-May-14, 9:18 PM | Message # 14
Cobber

wow what a magnificent episode. This was full on and so many emosions from everyone. Another fabulous team effort. Cho you are the man. He was on it from start to finish especialy when speaking to columbian authority when he said you don't want to make me an enemy. Go cho go. He said he would find the girl and he did.

Abbott loved how he just went with it no matter how it was done. When he had lisbon n jane in office after the con and you thought he was going to jump on them and he just smiled and was okay with it. Also you could see he was so wanting lisbon not to leave when Pike shows up and helps her get the job in dc.

Sorry people but this episode i am at the stage i just want to punch pikes lightsout. How can lisbon be so desperate to be railtroaded like this it is unbearable to watch. Never have i had feelings like this for a character that everytime he appears i just want to leave. God to me this has got to be the worst guest actor ever and sorry but he is not even a good actor in this part. But thats how i feel.

Back to the show. Well jane was brilliant start to finish. Loved how he said to ridley ' i have seen my share of monsters so yes i can understand'. But loved how he kept pointing out when he was lying to goad him. But what a nasty man ridley was. Scenes of the girls in the container is just awful as it is such a true dillema these days. Brings it home. Oh wiley who helped with the con at the end he was so sweet the way he gets excited when he is in on the action.

Brilliant con at the end with the body. Kudos lisbon n cho with the wonderful scene when she tells him she has job offer in dc. Lovely reply by cho.

God again pike pushing lisbon for answer telling her she should be grateful. To be honest the lisbon we know would have decked him by now. But when she went to tell jane of the decision to take the job and maybe marriage proposal then held off. Well you knew the finale was set for the showdown. May the best man win and we know who that is by far.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 21 Black Hearts (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz