[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » Other » Smith
Smith
Ivana Date: Monday, 29-Sep-14, 7:09 AM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

Thank you June for the link smile

Tina Date: Monday, 29-Sep-14, 8:57 AM | Message # 17
Fair Dinkum

I read that a while ago and I'm wondering if this really would have happened. I mean was Smith only planned for one season? Or would they have ended the show like this, if they'd known it was the end. I'm just happy I didn't get to see it, because I hate it when lead characters get killed. Ruins the whole show for me and I don't want to watch again the episodes.

I wish the fans would get at least something like that with "The Glades". I was really really angry about the series finale of that show. Of course they didn't know it was the end ...

redbird Date: Monday, 29-Sep-14, 2:22 PM | Message # 18
Dinkie-Di

I found the synopsis totally depressing. The two best characters on the show were Jeff and Tommy and I really don't like thinking of them as dead. What was the point of this show if it was only supposed to last one season?

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 29-Sep-14, 4:28 PM | Message # 19
Bee's Knees

I am enjoying the Smith episodes that were actually filmed but never aired and I'm happy that they left it at this. I would have hated to see this terrible denouement but I suppose bad guys are meant to be defeated, and this would become another FBI vehicle.
I also was very indignant that Glades was ended on such another bad note. Matt Passmore is another Aussie actor I like although his new series is not to my liking. Maybe that one will also end with bodies in the pool and no resolution.

ruuger Date: Monday, 29-Sep-14, 8:31 PM | Message # 20
Cobber

I remember reading an interview where John Wells said that the original plan was to have a different cast every season, so I guess Tom and Jeff would have been killed even if the show hadn't been cancelled.

kim Date: Tuesday, 30-Sep-14, 0:35 AM | Message # 21
Bee's Knees

Quote redbird ()
I found the synopsis totally depressing. The two best characters on the show were Jeff and Tommy and I really don't like thinking of them as dead. What was the point of this show if it was only supposed to last one season?

I agree with you Redbird. I also liked the Glades and thought that ending was really unsatisfying. I also like Matt Passmore and enjoyed the Glades. Not sure what kind of traction his new show is getting. I am happy that I have watched the episodes that were filmed and happy that Jeff wasn't killed off. Not sure that killing off the characters every season is a great way to build a fan base for a show!

Tina Date: Tuesday, 30-Sep-14, 8:55 AM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

Smith wouldn't have been interesting for me then after Season 1. I really don't like it when they kill characters off! And without Simon ... I don't know. It was a good show, but with all new actors every season? That's what I like on tv shows and that's why I watch way more series than movies, that I can get to know the characters very well. They get kind of "family". I also love that on books, so I like to read book series with many books with the same characters.

I like Matt Passmore too, kim. Saw him first in the Aussie series McLeod's Daughters and when The Glades started on German tv I watched it because of him.
I sure will give his new show a try ...if it airs in Germany.
It would have been nice if the writers of The Glades had at least published how it would have gone on in the internet! It's very unfair to the fans who watched for years!

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 30-Sep-14, 10:37 AM | Message # 23
Fair Dinkum

The Tom/Jeff duo had the most interesting dynamic of the show by far! Would have been a mistake to kill them.

coral Date: Tuesday, 30-Sep-14, 1:00 PM | Message # 24
Cobber

My understanding is that it wasn't the original plan to kill them off, but after the show was cancelled this ending was written to provide closure to viewers.

Peithon Date: Tuesday, 30-Sep-14, 7:49 PM | Message # 25
Rip Snorter

Ah, Matt Passmore - a much more interesting actor than Bruno picked as the lead for Gotham. His show Satisfaction is quirky and interesting, but hasn't done well in the ratings, tho it has garnered good reviews. Major drawback is annoying daughter on show. USA has not announced the fate of the show just yet. As for The Glades, A&E got a lot of flack for cancelling it with no notice to producers, leaving a cliffhanger. Critics were shocked the network did the same thing with Longmire, an excellent series and their most watched this season. Needless to say, they lost me as a viewer. Passmore would make a great Rockford, now that Mr. Garner has exited, stage right.

marta75 Date: Tuesday, 30-Sep-14, 11:49 PM | Message # 26
Rip Snorter

I agree with all of you. For me Jeff ant Tom were the best characters and Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen were very very boring (plus Ray's face). Anyway I understood Simon didn't want play in Smith more one year. My favorite scene : Surfing Simon of course tongue

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 01-Oct-14, 4:48 PM | Message # 27
Bee's Knees

I do love Jeff with the marmalade cat, the skimpy robe and all and later the same cat en residence chez Jeff.

Tina Date: Thursday, 02-Oct-14, 8:55 AM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

When I watch Smith (except for the first time) I always fastforward the scenes with Ray Liotta and his wife. The most interesting characters are for sure Jeff and Tom. They make it worth watching. It's a totally different character for Simon. I too loved to see him surfing. Hope Breath will happen some day ...

kim Date: Thursday, 02-Apr-15, 1:12 AM | Message # 29
Bee's Knees

Does anyone have a good link for Smith? The links in the video library didn't work for me when I tried last week.

redbird Date: Thursday, 02-Apr-15, 4:32 PM | Message # 30
Dinkie-Di

I watched all 7 episodes on YouTube. All of the episodes are split up into different parts which is kind of irritating but they're all numbered so you can keep track of where you are and the video quality is pretty good. Hope this helps ...............

Forum » Television Series » Other » Smith
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz