[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Breath
DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 11:54 AM | Message # 256
Fair Dinkum

Wow niiiiice!

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 12:13 PM | Message # 257
Fair Dinkum

Someone living in Denmark is posting some pics. Not much to see at the moment, but it's cool to have an insider! : )
(her IG/websta is: http://websta.me/n/susanelliot/ )

susanelliot #breaththemovie #denmarkwa #rainyday #westernaystralia #australiasw

Tanja Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 12:47 PM | Message # 258
Rip Snorter

FILMING has begun on The Mentalist star Simon Baker’s directorial debut, Breath.

Baker will direct, produce and act in the filmic adaptation of Tim Winton’s novel by the same name.

Western Australia’s south coast is set for an influx of stars as the movie is shot, with The Great Gatsby’s Elizabeth Debicki, Mission: Impossible II’s Richard Roxburgh and Rake’s Rachael Blake all appearing alongside Baker in the Australian film.

Set in the 1970s, the 2008 book tells the story of a pair of teenage boys who forge an unlikely bond with an older surfer, in the fictional WA town of Sawyer.

The teenagers will be played by newcomers Samson Coulter — himself a keen surfer — and Ben Spence.

“Tim’s book viscerally captures the restless curiosity and yearning for identity that often defines our coming of age,” said Baker. “I am thrilled with the cast and crew we have assembled to bring this story to life.”

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 12:59 PM | Message # 259
Fair Dinkum

R. Roxburgh and Rachel Blake will probably play Piklet's parents, and E. Debicki Sando's wife. I liked this actress in "The Great Gatsby".

In the abc.net previous article, they mentionned "The majority of filming will take place in Denmark, and will feature infamous surf break The Right."
**GAsp**
Here is a video shot at The Right spot:

The Right - WA June 09'For all - the RIGHT reasons'
from Tim Bonython Productions on Vimeo.

Tina Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 1:29 PM | Message # 260
Fair Dinkum

My post from August 2015:

"Simon liked this pic on insta...a 16 year old surfer. A friend of Claude or maybe a potential actor for Breath?

https://instagram.com/p/4xqtYCre68/"

I was right, Simon liked a pic of this boy and it really turned out he is one of the boys in the movie biggrin

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 2:29 PM | Message # 261
Bee's Knees

That was a great catch, Tina. Amazing to think that Simon had this boy in mind for over a year.

Tanja Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 2:59 PM | Message # 262
Rip Snorter

Wow Tina!!! That's so great!! I'm really happy for the boys!!

ruuger Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 4:05 PM | Message # 263
Cobber

Wow, that's quite a catch they've made with casting Elizabeth Debicki since she's someone who's probably going to be a huge star in the next few years. Also, if she's really going to play Eva, then kudos to Simon for being confident enough to cast himself a love interest who's quite a bit taller than he is wink

bee Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 4:09 PM | Message # 264
Fair Dinkum

Glad to finally know the cast and yes Elizabeth Debicki is tall at 6ft 2ins!!

Tassie Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 6:06 PM | Message # 265
Bee's Knees

Great news about the cast. Just finished watching Elizabeth Debicki in 'The Night Manager' here in the UK. If she is to play Eva it will be a change for Simon to have a tall, blonde amour, rather than the dark haired shorter ones he usually ends up with.

coral Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 6:09 PM | Message # 266
Cobber

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest....rommets

Big ride for screen grommets
Two young Australian surfers, 15-year-old Ben Spence from Margaret River and 16-year-old Samson Coulter from Manly, are embarking on the ride of their lives as filming gets under way on Breath.

The pair have been cast in the key roles of Pikelet and Loonie in Simon Baker’s adaptation of Tim Winton’s 1970s-set coming-of-age novel, which is being shot in and around Denmark.

Instead of finding experienced actors and teaching them to surf, director Baker has gone the other route, settling on two surfers whom he will guide through the treacherous waters of big-screen performance.

But Coulter and Spence will be surrounded by plenty of experience.

Baker is playing Sando, the surf svengali under whose spell the boys fall, the red-hot Elizabeth Debicki (The Great Gatsby, The Night Manager) is Sando’s girlfriend Eva and Richard Roxburgh and Rachael Blake are Pikelet’s parents.

“Tim’s book viscerally captures the restless curiosity and yearning for identity that often defines our coming of age,” Baker, who is making his directing debut with Breath, said.
“I am thrilled with the cast and crew we have assembled to bring this story to life.” Winton told the film’s American producer Mark Johnson that of all his books Breath was the one that could have been made elsewhere. But the Fremantle-based author is pleased it is being shot where the novel is set.

“The Great Southern region has had an enormous impact on my life and work, so I’m very pleased this film is being shot on the beaches and streets and forests that inspired the book,” Winton said.

Johnson said: “I believe this is a story that’s both uniquely Australian and thematically universal. All of us are very excited to bring this movie to a worldwide audience.”

Tanja Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 6:22 PM | Message # 267
Rip Snorter

To be honest I don't know Elisabeth Debicki. But just recognised she played in the new movie Everest. She was a doctor there.

marta75 Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 7:25 PM | Message # 268
Rip Snorter

This picture is absolutely beautiful ! Thank you Only and Tina !

Ivana Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 7:32 PM | Message # 269
Fair Dinkum

Thanks everyone for info and pics! It's finally happening. Good luck to all involved smile

DaboGirl Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 8:49 PM | Message # 270
Jillaroo

Elizabeth Debicki is 6'3" so a bit taller than Simon. So happy to see this movie underway.

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz