The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Breath
Fran Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 9:01 PM | Message # 271
Fair Dinkum

I thought Elizabeth Debicki was very good in The Night Manager (which by the way is worth watching if you get the chance, a very high quality production from the BBC, apparently cost £3 million an episode to make and the money shows). She's a very different build to Eva in the book, but I think her manner and expression will be a very good match.

Ivana Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 9:33 PM | Message # 272
Fair Dinkum

I think these are official web page, twitter and IG account of the movie

http://www.palacefilms.com.au/breath/

https://twitter.com/breathfilm

https://www.instagram.com/breathfilm/

Ivana Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 9:56 PM | Message # 273
Fair Dinkum

and official FB page

https://www.facebook.com/BreathTheFilm

Deedee Date: Monday, 11-Apr-16, 10:19 PM | Message # 274
Bee's Knees

Thanks to you all for all the info for Breath. Very exciting and it looks like we will be kept in the picture sorry for the pun!! with Instagram and Facebook. I love that picture of Simon and the two boys and I have just googled Elizabeth Debicki as I didn't know who she was. I didn't see The Night Manager and think I missed a very good series there. Her height and looks make her a very striking looking woman.

kim Date: Tuesday, 12-Apr-16, 2:18 AM | Message # 275
Bee's Knees

Here's the article from Variety;

Variety Article about Breath

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 12-Apr-16, 4:45 AM | Message # 276
Fair Dinkum

Hollywood Reporter with crew info

Simon Baker's Directorial Debut 'Breath' Unveils Cast

Production is under way in Western Australia on 'The Mentalist' star's directorial debut.

Elizabeth Debicki and Richard Roxburgh will co-star in Simon Baker’s directorial debut, Breath, which has begun production in the southern Western Australian town of Denmark.

The coming-of-age story, set in 1970s coastal Australia, centers on two teenagers, Pikelet and Loonie, who form an unlikely friendship with a mysterious older adventurer, Sando.

Newcomers Samson Coulter and Ben Spence will play the lead roles of Pikelet and Loonie, respectively. Roxburgh and Rachael Blake star as parents Mr. and Mrs Pike. Debicki plays Sando’s American wife, Eva. As well as directing, Baker plays Sando.

Tim Winton has adapted the screenplay from his novel with Peter Duncan (Rake), Gerard Lee (Top of the Lake) and Baker.

"Tim’s book viscerally captures the restless curiosity and yearning for identity that often defines our coming of age,” said Baker. “I am thrilled with the cast and crew we have assembled to bring this story to life."

Gran Via Productions’ Mark Johnson, See Pictures’ Jamie Hilton and Baker are producing the project.

"I believe this is a story that’s both uniquely Australian and thematically universal,” said Johnson. "All of us are very excited to bring this movie to a worldwide audience."

Breath's production designer is Steven Jones-Evans (The Railway Man, The Daughter); Marden Dean (The Infinite Man, Fell) is the cinematographer; the costume designer is Terri Lamera (Son of a Gun, Looking for Grace); the editor is Dany Cooper (Candy, The Sapphires); and makeup and hair is being done by Shane Thomas (The Dressmaker, Hacksaw Ridge).

Embankment Films is selling international rights, CAA and Untitled are representing North America.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news....-882763

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 12-Apr-16, 4:52 AM | Message # 277
Fair Dinkum

Variety
Thanks Kim :)

Elizabeth Debicki Joins Simon Baker’s Directorial Debut ‘Breath’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Elizabeth Debicki, Richard Roxburgh and Rachael Blake have joined the cast of Simon Baker’s Australian drama “Breath,” Variety has learned exclusively.

Filming has begun in Australia on Baker’s feature film directorial debut, based on Tim Winton’s best-selling novel. Set in mid-’70s coastal Australia, “Breath” follows two teenage boys, hungry for discovery, who form an unlikely friendship with a mysterious older adventurer, who pushes them to take risks that will have a lasting and profound impact on their lives.

Baker, star of “The Mentalist,” is playing the adventurer Sando, and Debicki is portraying his wife Eva. Newcomers Samson Coulter and Ben Spence will play the two teenagers — Pikelet and Loonie, respectively — while Roxburgh and Blake are playing Mr. and Mrs. Pike.

“Tim’s book viscerally captures the restless curiosity and yearning for identity that often defines our coming of age,” said Baker. “I am thrilled with the cast and crew we have assembled to bring this story to life.”

Producers are Baker, Gran Via Productions’ Mark Johnson (“Breaking Bad,” “The Notebook,” “Rain Man”) and See Pictures’ Jamie Hilton (“Little Death”).

“I believe this is a story that’s both uniquely Australian and thematically universal,” said Johnson.

Winton said, “The Great Southern region has had an enormous impact on my life and work, so I’m very pleased this film is being shot on the beaches and streets and forests that inspired the book.”

The film is financed by ScreenAustralia, ScreenWest, Great Southern Development Commission and Autumn Productions. Executive producers are Tom Williams, Johnny MacDonald, David Hansen and Laura Rister.

The novel has been adapted for the screen by Baker, Tim Winton (“The Turning”), Peter Duncan (“Rake”) and Gerard Lee (“Top of the Lake”).

Embankment Films is selling international rights, CAA and Untitled are representing North America, and Palace Films is distributing the film in Australia and New Zealand.

Debicki’s credits include “The Great Gatsby,” “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” and the upcoming “Guardians of the Galaxy” sequel. Roxburgh starred in “Moulin Rouge,” “The Turning” and “Mission: Impossible II.” Blake’s credits include “Sleeping Beauty” and “Rake.”

Here’s the first look at the film.

http://variety.com/2016....1750193

bee Date: Tuesday, 12-Apr-16, 6:50 AM | Message # 278
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for all the updates ladies. Simon as Sando is just how I imagined him to be, also the two young boys as Pikelet and Loonie. Also looking forward to seeing Elizabeth Debicki as Eva. Exciting times!

Tina Date: Tuesday, 12-Apr-16, 7:52 AM | Message # 279
Fair Dinkum

I have never heard of Elizabeth Debicki but I've checked her out right after I heard she will be in the movie.

Deedee, I too LOVE that new pic of Sando and the boys. I have it on my computer desktop now and my phone. I hope we get a better quality of this pic!

I'm so excited for Simon!

Tina Date: Tuesday, 12-Apr-16, 8:25 AM | Message # 280
Fair Dinkum

Better version of that great pic from the official instagram site:

emmyderidder Date: Tuesday, 12-Apr-16, 11:29 AM | Message # 281
Dinkie-Di

NEWS NEWS NEWS!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot all of you for bringing so much news about BREATH...Love from Holland,Emmy

coral Date: Wednesday, 13-Apr-16, 9:18 AM | Message # 282
Cobber

There are some more onset photos at the link DS_Pallas gave including a couple with Simon

http://websta.me/n/susanelliot/

emmyderidder Date: Wednesday, 13-Apr-16, 9:55 AM | Message # 283
Dinkie-Di

Tina, I ordered the picture on canvas,to hang in my livingroom

258pce Date: Wednesday, 13-Apr-16, 5:48 PM | Message # 284
Cobber

I am REALLY excited that this is actually happening now.

I am totally awed by the cast and crew that have been assembled for this. Everyone has such stellar credentials and impressive backgrounds! Watched the screen australia interview with Mark Johnson--what a great person to partner with Simon!

Lately, to fill the Simon void I have been watching Aussie flicks and was totally blown away by Richard Roxburgh in Rake--and the whole series is just a fine, fine hysterically funny piece of work (not to mention that Roxburgh's role is somewhat reminiscent of PJ as a honest con man and that Roxburgh also has a magic smile) In the states the first season is on Netflix and well worth the time!

I was delighted to see that Roxburgh is now in the cast and Duncan--one of the very fine writers for Rake is also on board! Likewise the other female--the mother, is in the upcoming 4th season of Rake. Seems like they raided the whole production for Breath!

I have no doubts that this endeavor will be a very high quality, inspiring production! Simon couldn't have better people working on this.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 13-Apr-16, 9:01 PM | Message # 285
Fair Dinkum

Most of the articles seem to be saying something like
Newcomers Samson Coulter and Ben Spence will play the two teenagers — Pikelet and Loonie, respectively

But I think that's probably the wrong way round isn't it, Samson Coulter with his long blonde hair seems more like Loonie to me.

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz