The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Breath
emmyderidder Date: Saturday, 07-Oct-17, 7:08 PM | Message # 586
Dinkie-Di

I want to thank you so much ladies.Happy for you,that you,ve been there !and of course you wrote your storys very well

bee Date: Saturday, 07-Oct-17, 7:11 PM | Message # 587
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Tanja.

Deedee Date: Saturday, 07-Oct-17, 7:57 PM | Message # 588
Bee's Knees

Thanks Tanja. Can't wait to see this film.

Drumstick Date: Saturday, 07-Oct-17, 8:52 PM | Message # 589
Blow-In

Tanja
Yeah, it´s a shame we didn´t meet up, but maybe you saw us, my boyfriend is kind of hard not to notice - long beard and long hair, he looks like a viking smile There was lot of staring at him, to be honest. And yes, he is the best. And it´s great you tried surfing, I would love to try it too, but I live in Slovakia and we don´t have any sea biggrin

Tigglewink01 and Tassie
No problem, and yes, I´m very happy I could go there, it was a great experience.

Deedee
I have a day off tomorow so I am planning on sleeping it off, finally. Thank you for asking smile

bee
Yes, he´s very understanding, and I hope you get to see the movie as soon as possible smile

emmyderidder
No problem, I was happy to write a little about it, it was great smile

tigglewink01 Date: Saturday, 07-Oct-17, 11:30 PM | Message # 590
Rip Snorter

Oh thanks you so much I have not read the book but what you just said sound very good thanks again for the review

Smileygirl Date: Saturday, 07-Oct-17, 11:42 PM | Message # 591
Dinkie-Di

Home now too biggrin And already missing Simon again wink
I will try to put into words what happened in Zurich. It was a lot of fun I can already say ♥

But now it´s time to go to bed as I´m very tired hello

tigglewink01 Date: Sunday, 08-Oct-17, 11:30 AM | Message # 592
Rip Snorter

I cannot wait to see it thanks for the review I have not read the book but I could picture the scenes you talked about thanks again

tigglewink01 Date: Sunday, 08-Oct-17, 11:32 AM | Message # 593
Rip Snorter

I hope you had a very good night sleep and I look forward to your review and thoughts of the film. smile

Smileygirl Date: Monday, 09-Oct-17, 9:10 PM | Message # 594
Dinkie-Di

Really struggling to write a proper review. Sorry sad I am not good at writing but I will keep on trying

I already posted this on Twitter but not sure how many saw it there.
They used this song in the movie. I have an earworm from it already wink

Tina Date: Tuesday, 10-Oct-17, 8:16 AM | Message # 595
Fair Dinkum

I'm back from Switzerland, even though it wasn't Zürich. But I had a very good and relaxing time in another part of Switzerland and it was too far away to go to Zürich. I didn't want to loose 2 days of this vacation because I needed the time off and relax to be fit for fall/ winter time because I will have a lot of work in the next months.

Thank you so much for your story Drumstick! Wow that was a long drive to see Simon and the movie but I'm sure it was worth it. You have a kind and nice boyfriend that he did this for you smile .

Thank you Tanja for the little review! I can't wait to see Breath. I hope it will run in my theatre, and that we will be able to get it on DVD soon.

tigglewink01 Date: Tuesday, 10-Oct-17, 10:03 AM | Message # 596
Rip Snorter

Smileygirl thanks for the video and song I got my late husbands album out and listened to the whole record and that song and thanks for the pics.

Tina I'm glad you had a relaxing holiday and sorry that you could not go to Zurich sad and I also cannot wait until the video and the film being out so I can see the film. biggrin

Smileygirl Date: Tuesday, 17-Oct-17, 11:54 AM | Message # 597
Dinkie-Di

Hi everybody ♥

First of all I am sorry this took so long, but while I was trying to write my review I found out I´m not very good at putting my thoughts into words so this is not really a review but more my thoughts and feelings I have about Breath. It contains some spoilers so only read it if you don´t mind them!!!

I already had goosebumps and my hands were shaking when the word "Breath" appeared on screen. Mostly because I waited so long to finally watch it and ofc because Simon just stood on the stage and talked about his work. (See video I posted on Twitter)
From the moment the film started I was drawn into it. The atmosphere, the music and the actors are amazing, and also because I have been to Denmark and saw many filming locations it felt familiar. I recognised so many places and it was like being there again.

I have to say Samson Coulter impressed me the most. If I was 20 years younger I would have a crush on him now. His expressions are great and his big green eyes often staring into nowhere made me want to hug him and tell him everything will be alright again.

If you get the chance to watch Breath, and I really hope many will, I advice you to get a seat more in front of the screen. I know it´s uncommon but believe me, the massive ocean and surf scenes are much more impressive watched from the front. I said before, I never watched a movie where it was captured like that. Beautiful, dangerous, wild, infinite...
It´s obvious why Simon is so proud and could talk about the cinematography all the time. It´s stunning and I could have watched this alone for 2 hours.

Ok, lets talk about Simon´s part. I was surprised because he had more screen time (even a short sex scene) than I expected. From the book I thought he would be an introverted surfguru, mostly grumpy and not very talkative but that´s one thing they changed a lot (in my opinion) for the movie. The moment he appeared I already had the feeling he is more like a father figure or a mentor, not always with the best intentions and putting the boys into unnecessary danger, pushing them to the edge and beyond but still caring, esp. for Pikelet.

I have to talk about the Eva/Pikelet "relationship which ofc was addressed in the last quarter of the film, when surfing gets into the background after Sando left with Loonie. At the first screening I had to force myself a bit to watch it, esp. the autoerotic asphyxiation part, which is shown too, but only for a few seconds. I am still not sure what to think about it tbh but as it is in the book I can´t complain about it being in the movie too, but it´s one thing I could have done without or would have been ok with, if it was left to the fantasy of the audience what happened. Besides that I think they handled it very well.

As a résumé I want to say that Breath is a well written and beautifully acted coming of age movie about facing your fears, crossing boundaries, testing personal limits, but also about standing up for yourself and to realize we are all different and nobody is ordinary.

I really, really, really love it and can´t wait to watch it again, but maybe I am not a very objective reviewer biggrin

Yeah...I think that´s it. I have so many more thought about it, which are popping up from time to time but I had to make a cut somewhere or it would have never been finished wink
If you have any question feel free to ask and I will try to answer if I can.

Thx for reading

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 17-Oct-17, 4:45 PM | Message # 598
Bee's Knees

Thanks so much for this very nice review, SmileyGirl. I am looking forward to the movie even more, now.

bee Date: Tuesday, 17-Oct-17, 5:23 PM | Message # 599
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Smileygirl for a lovely review. I'm glad Simon made Sando's character come across more of a father figure as opposed to how he appears in the book. Reading your review I can't wait to see the film not just to see Simon but also the stunning scenery. Simon always puts so much thought and passion into everything he does. It sounds a real labour of love! Roll on next year!!

tigglewink01 Date: Tuesday, 17-Oct-17, 6:06 PM | Message # 600
Rip Snorter

Hear Hear I agree with you Bee it was a very good review and I also look forward to next year cannot wait.

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz