Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Videos » Favourite Fan Videos
Favourite Fan Videos
DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 25-Nov-12, 11:32 AM | Message # 46
Fair Dinkum

Quote (Thrill)
Bottom line is I wont stop making movies (they are primarily for me) and I'll try to find a way to share them...

Thrill, than you for all those videos, and hats off for the Larry King subtitled ones. The non English speakers love you! You're very involved and passionate and I find that really great. Merci !

I hope you won't have any other problems with your YT account.

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Monday, 26-Nov-12, 2:16 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Sunday, 25-Nov-12, 3:00 PM | Message # 47
Bee's Knees

Thanks so much for everything you do for this group!

Tina Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 9:51 AM | Message # 48
Fair Dinkum

The things with adverts seems to be a good solution for me. I don't mind adverts when I can see my clip for that. Thrill, you had only the Simon scenes of HH on youtube, right? So I really don't understand why they removed this, and hey, it's such an old show! I understand if they do it to new shows. And HH is not even on DVD, is it? So what's the problem. I really hope everything turns out fine, I really don't want to miss your wonderful clips. I also love the special work of you and I appreciate so much that you share this with us!
I save anything I want immediately and make backups. I used to make DVDs but now I can watch directly from the USB stick with my new tv :-)
So a huge thank you again to all of you who take the time and trouble to get us all see the clips on youtube.

lenacr Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 1:22 PM | Message # 49
Dinkie-Di

Hi DS Pallas:
I am so sorry to say that, but the quote you refer to belongs to Thrill (not lenacr). She is the expert hard-working person who gives us the wonderful videos. Oh I wish I could it!!! Thanks again to Thrill!

Message edited by lenacr - Monday, 26-Nov-12, 6:49 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 2:20 PM | Message # 50
Fair Dinkum

Thanks to point it out lenacr, how did I manage to quote Thrill and have your alias written instead of hers?? it's a mystery.

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 4:29 PM | Message # 51
Bee's Knees

@Thrill, sorry that you have been having troubles with YouTube....it is such a shame because you bring such a lot of enjoyment to a lot of people, myself included. I have copies of lots of your videos stashed away on my computer, and backed up on a hard drive and a usb stick...OK so I am paranoid that I may lose a copy!!!! cry The thought of that happening brings me out in a cold sweat....should I put it somewhere else too???????? wacko wacko

Tina Date: Monday, 26-Nov-12, 5:38 PM | Message # 52
Fair Dinkum

Mossibecca, I'm the same. Have 3 copies on external Harddrive or USB stick + DVDs of the Simon clips. Stored at separate places. I always worry too that I might loose one of all these important clips. cry

Thrill Date: Friday, 30-Nov-12, 2:09 PM | Message # 53
Dinkie-Di

I also have multiple copies...

To Kathy F - about taking copies - sorry I didnt reply earlier. You need some free software - a YouTube downloader. YouTube itself does let you download (and save) videos - it just lets you play. However there are lots of free software which does let you do this. I happen to use Wondershare. Google it - then install. When you play a vid on YouTube a tab appears saying download and it downloads as you play. That's all.

Sometimes though the file isn't in a format that can be played easily (as there are lots of ways of playing videos on TV, PC, iPad etc etc). There are several solutions. You can pay a bit ($30 I think) and get the upgraded version of Wondershare which will convert to whatever format you want. You can install VLC. This is FREE and a video player and plays most formats (its symbol is a cone with orange and white stripes). I also have HANDBREAK which is good for converting videos from one format to another. Its also free.

Generally the free YouTube downloaders only work with YouTube and not say videos on TV websites etc. You can still download from these but need other software......

Finally I also suggest you get at the very least a 16G USB stick to back up what you have downloaded.

I tried to keep this simple. Have a go then ask me more questions!!! If I can help you get just a little more computer savvy - and especially be able to store SB clips - then I'm happy. hands hands

KathyF Date: Friday, 30-Nov-12, 2:28 PM | Message # 54
Rip Snorter

Thank you so much Thrill! As Lisbon says, "I'm on it!" smile

Thrill Date: Friday, 30-Nov-12, 2:29 PM | Message # 55
Dinkie-Di

On another note - I just love the Longines adverts so much that I created a fun day at the races video using some great relaxing music I found. I hope you enjoy it. I am starting to use some of the features of Final Cut Pro X now. The clips that make up the vid are from many sources - so I have used colour balancing (not perfect but much better than the originals) and also stabilisation - to remove some camera shake.... getting carried away with the technicalities now!!!!! This is an improvement on my previous version I think....

Simon Baker day at the races June 2012

Message edited by Thrill - Friday, 30-Nov-12, 2:39 PM

KathyF Date: Friday, 30-Nov-12, 2:41 PM | Message # 56
Rip Snorter

That was quite a treat Thrill ! Great way to start my day. Time to go teach the 12 year olds now! See you later Simon tongue

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 30-Nov-12, 2:47 PM | Message # 57
Bee's Knees

Great video! Thanks, Thrill.

bee Date: Friday, 30-Nov-12, 2:51 PM | Message # 58
Fair Dinkum

Perfect video....perfect music.....perfect man....thanks Thrill. mellow

Message edited by bee - Friday, 30-Nov-12, 2:57 PM

Deedee Date: Friday, 30-Nov-12, 5:14 PM | Message # 59
Bee's Knees

Wow thanks a million Thrill. This latest video is fantastic and I loved the way you froze the frame on certain pics!!lovely to linger
on his gorgeous face. Such a hardship but I think I will have to look at it once more biggrin

Lena Date: Friday, 30-Nov-12, 6:09 PM | Message # 60
Dinkie-Di

Thrill, your video is beautiful, thank you so much.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Videos » Favourite Fan Videos
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz