Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 0:26 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
kim Date: Thursday, 17-Jul-14, 7:18 PM | Message # 271
Bee's Knees

A small mention about Simon in the NY times blog, saying that Givenchy renewed his contract. http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2014....dy&_r=0

Fran Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 9:33 AM | Message # 272
Fair Dinkum

Don't know how reliable this is, but Simon (and family) spotted in Paris yesterday morning. It's about a 2 hour drive from the hotel @RelaisChateaux at Onzain (where he had his picture taken), so it seems quite likely. (Probably heading back to the US from there)

21Jul14
Simon Baker de mentalist dans mon café a Paris !!!
au café flore
https://twitter.com/chiara___bianca/status/491173005104799744

Evy Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 10:24 AM | Message # 273
Fair Dinkum

It's nice because the person who posted the information says that she doesn't dare to take a photo because he is with his family and that she doesn't want to disturb them wink

It isn't the first time that Simon goes to this café.
I know it, this is a nice and famous place in Paris where you can very often see celebrities. biggrin

I think you're right Fran : The vacations are over and they will take the plane to head back home !!

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 10:30 AM

bee Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 10:49 AM | Message # 274
Fair Dinkum

As there have been so many photos taken of Simon with fans during his vacation I've been wondering how Rebecca and the boys feel about this. Is it tiresome for them when they're together on holiday for Simon to be constantly asked to pose for photos? Although Simon doesn't seem worried about it and is always courteous towards fans it must get annoying for his family at times although they never show it. They are truly a remarkable family!

Message edited by bee - Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 10:52 AM

Fran Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 11:07 AM | Message # 275
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the info about the cafe, Evy. Seems pretty certain then that this sighting is accurate.

Quote Evy ()
It's nice because the person who posted the information says that she doesn't dare to take a photo because he is with his family and that she doesn't want to disturb them

A girl after my own heart, I'm constantly amazed at how many people seem to think they're entitled to intrude on his private time.

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 11:24 AM | Message # 276
Fair Dinkum

50 min ago Simon posted pic on IG with note "Goodbye Paris, until next time xxx"

Tanja Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 11:36 AM | Message # 277
Rip Snorter

Thank you all for posting the infos!!

Evy Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 11:38 AM | Message # 278
Fair Dinkum

I found on the web a color version of the photo of Simon in Saint andré de Cubzac restaurant (sorry not in full size sad ) and this article :
source http://www.sudouest.fr/2014....227.php

Escale girondine pour « The Mentalist »

Vendredi midi, le héros de la série télé à succès « The Mentalist » s'est mis à table au bistrot du Café de la Gare à Saint-André-de-Cubzac. Simon Baker, l'acteur australien qui manipule les esprits et fait chavirer les cœurs, est arrivé avec sa femme et ses deux garçons sur le coup des 14 heures.

« On était en fin de service. Sa femme qui parle un peu français nous a demandé si on servait encore, raconte le patron Jean Lissague. On a fait un peu connaissance, ils m'ont dit qu'ils étaient Australiens. Je me disais que je le connaissais, mais je ne percutais pas. C'est un de mes serveurs qui m'a dit que c'était l'acteur de “ Mentalist ”. »

Discret, Simon Baker préfère s'installer à l'intérieur et passe commande. Bruschetta, cheese-burger au Morbier, risotto crémeux au parmesan et jambon serrano, mille-feuilles de fraise"
La famille picore dans les plats des uns des autres et Madame se régale avec le foie gras et son confit d'oignon. Ils dégustent aussi deux vins de Blaye.
« Ils ont été super gentils, super accessibles. Au moment de partir ils sont restés dix minutes à discuter. » Jean Lissague apprend qu'ils rentrent vers Paris après des vacances à Saint-Tropez et au Pays basque, et que c'est quelqu'un - mais qui donc ? - qui leur a conseillé ce restaurant gastronomique ouvert il y a un an.
Avant de partir, Jean Lissague offre au Mentalist une bouteille de Petit Secret, son propre vin, et à Madame Baker un petit foie gras maison.

Translation (thank you to DS Pallas for her help)
interesting things tongue

Friday at noon, the hero of the hit TV series "The Mentalist" had lunch at the bistro Café de la Gare in Saint-André-de-Cubzac. Simon Baker, the Australian actor who manipulates minds and makes ladies weak in the knees, arrived with his wife and his two sons around 2 pm.

"The service was about to end. His wife, who speaks a little French, asked if we were still serving", says boss Jean Lissague. "We chatted a bit with them, they told me they were Australians. I thought I knew him, but I did not realize who he was. That was one of my waiters who told me it was The Mentalist actor".

Discreet, Simon Baker prefered to settle inside and placed an order. Bruschetta, Morbier cheese-burger, creamy risotto with parmesan and serrano ham, strawberry mille-feuilles.
The family members picked at each other's dishes, and Mrs. Baker feasted with foie gras and onion confit. They also tasted two wines from Blaye.
"They were very nice, very approachable. Upon leaving they stayed ten minutes to chat". Jean Lissague learnt they were on their way back to Paris after a vacation in Saint-Tropez and in the Basque Country, and that someone - but who? - had advised them this gourmet restaurant, wich opened one year ago.
Before they departed, Jean Lissague offered the "Mentalist" a bottle of "Petit Secret", his own wine, and Mrs. Baker a little home made foie gras."

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 23-Jul-14, 10:33 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 11:53 AM | Message # 279
Fair Dinkum

It sounds like they are very decent people, and fine gourmets! I like that. tongue
Thanks for this little article Evy.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 11:54 AM | Message # 280
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Evy, I also managed to capture this information:

"Discret, Simon Baker préfère s'installer à l'intérieur et passe commande. Bruschetta, cheese-burger au Morbier, risotto crémeux au parmesan et jambon serrano, mille-feuilles de fraise" (before the text "La petite famille picore dans les plats des uns des autres et Madame se régale avec le foie gras et son confit d'oignon. Ils dégustent aussi deux vins de Blaye.")

Tina Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 12:16 PM | Message # 281
Fair Dinkum

Thank you all for this load of information and pics. Now we know a little bit more :-) What they like to eat...
that they are a nice family we had already known before, but it's nice to get it confirmed so many times.

After all this time of travelling it seems they finally go back to LA.
I hope they have a save flight home, I always worry a bit about the Baker family when they travel around.

I too don't think I would ask Simon for a photo if I met him somewhere in a private situation. I wouldn't even take a secret photo of him because I just think it must be so annoying for him. I guess I would just give him my nicest and warmest smile and maybe I would say "hi Simon".

His family must be familiar with it that he has to take photos with people, and they seemed to be so happy and relaxed that I guess it didn't bother them.
But it sure is not easy ...but that comes with the job, and I understand it somehow ...if you are such a huge fan and gets this one chance in your life to take a photo with your star.

Hopefully we soon now get some info about TM, when it will be on and what will happen!

Tanja Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 1:43 PM | Message # 282
Rip Snorter

Translation from German article
http://mentalistgerman.tumblr.com/post....surfing

Source: http://www.viply.de/?p=120766&picture_id=19760,120766

Evy Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 4:27 PM | Message # 283
Fair Dinkum

Quote Fran ()
Thanks Evy, I also managed to capture this information:
Discret, Simon Baker préfère s'installer à l'intérieur et passe commande. Bruschetta, cheese-burger au Morbier, risotto crémeux au parmesan et jambon serrano, mille-feuilles de fraise"

Thanks Fran ! I had not seen that I forgot a sentence ! I've corected my text wink

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 4:28 PM

amanda Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-14, 8:12 PM | Message # 284
Cobber

Interesting things about this beautiful family. Thanks Evy for posting this nice article.

Tanja Date: Wednesday, 23-Jul-14, 12:21 PM | Message # 285
Rip Snorter

Simon in Antibes (France) Source https://www.facebook.com/Antibes....7037038
Thanks @Silvia for posting on Twitter

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz